• Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Schurrle
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

Right now, City have looked unstoppable these past few games. They made a slow start, but they've gotten results where needed. Us on the other hand, it almost feels like we've run out of steam (or even ideas).

You could say the same with United, though draws against Villa and Tottenham have stalled them slightly.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed up would and should. Just because our wide players don't cross the ball doesn't mean we shouldn't. I'm not always talking about high crosses either, Hazard just stops sometimes and waits for an opposition fullback to challenge him which doesn't always happen. Get your head out your arse calling other people clueless because they don't agree with your opinion.

You don't know what you're talking about. Top clubs don't lump aimless crosses into the box. That is not how top managers set their teams to play. The fullbacks are the ones who provide the width and the crosses into the box. Your "opinion" is trash and ill-timed so you're getting called out.

Not sure why our players look so gun shy to take a shot at times. We can string together a pile of intricate passes with the best of them. But the amount of times we walk away from several beautiful passes without taking a shot on goal is way too high. Challenge the keeper, catch a deflection, something, anything. Please.

Schürrle was useless today and wasn't the least bit surprised to see him taken off at the half. And give me Dave over Filipe Luis any day of the week.

Before the West Ham game, I thought to myself that 7 points out of the Hammers, Saint and Spurs games would be good. So I guess, win at the Lane and we will be fine, having such a difficult period past us and still on top. Beat Spurs, though...

Disappointing surely ... We just couldnt get it into the net but I guess we have tough fixtures back to back and it was expected that would lose points ... Lets get some rest, sleep it out and get ready for Spurs ... Win at White Hart lane will be a good leveller ...

Decent performance overall. On another day we would have won easily with exactly the same team and display. It was evident it just was not going our way when Fabregas and Costa slipped in crucial moments that could have easily led to goals. Just one of those days I'm afraid. Big up to the team for trying till the end.

We were brilliant, but still made no shot on goal in second half. This and the fact we already lost 7/8 points in less than a month.

Why are people taking this "one shot on target" stat as gospel?

There were plenty of chances we created that were only stopped with a last ditch tackle that prevented the shot. We created a lot, but Soton defended very well.

I don't know if it's our diving reputation that costed the pen. If it is then it's lazy refereeing, unless the player fouled was Ivanovic..

December was always going to be tough with the flurry of games, and tough away games too.

@skipper. TBH we were like Arsenal today. All foreplay no penetration. For all the posession we dominated in the 2nd half, I can't remember Forster making any decent save. That's the type of thing we mock Arsenal about in our fictures with them over the years. It shouldn't be something to celebrate. usually when teams like City drop points, the opposition goalkeeper wins man of the match. That wasn't the case today.

@skipper. TBH we were like Arsenal today. All foreplay no penetration. For all the posession we dominated in the 2nd half, I can't remember Forster making any decent save. That's the type of thing we mock Arsenal about in our fictures with them over the years

It's not like we didn't attempted the shots though. Southampton just made a lot of last ditch tackles that prevented the final shot from being taken. I honestly have no complaints simply because we tried hard today and just came up against a very well drilled side. It happens.

Willian is as good player, has great work rate, vision, good technically and everything but just like some of you saying - he should be more direct and it is very noticeable that he is just level under our others attacking midfielders (Hazard, Fabr).

Schurrle was rubbish today. He gave us nothing at the moment. We dont have any reliable backup at AM position.

Conclusion - Reus would be a dream signing imo.

Today it was a bad luck. Too many missed crosses. And Soton defended very well.

But thats happens, keep ya head up ;)

You don't know what you're talking about. Top clubs don't lump aimless crosses into the box. That is not how top managers set their teams to play. The fullbacks are the ones who provide the width and the crosses into the box. Your "opinion" is trash and ill-timed so you're getting called out.

Thanks. I'll bare that in mind next time I try to make my opinion on a forum. Maybe we should all agree with you and the forum will be a really fun place to be. At what point did I say the crosses should be aimless? Exactly. I didn't. My ''opinion'' clearly isn't valid because you don't deem it so. OK, thanks. Maybe I should just agree with you. I'm going to assume you think Hazard can do no wrong and is already a complete player.

Yes we lost a 9 point lead but you can't win EVERY game! There are going to be defeats and draws. City had a poor start to their season but have put a run together, did anyone really think we would run away with the league?

We are lucky it's only City breathing down our necks, everyone else has been awful this season.

P-19

W-14

D-4

L-1

F-41

A-14

Very true mate, very true, I think we might be dropping a few but when City have harder teams we will get our gap back.

@skipper. TBH we were like Arsenal today. All foreplay no penetration. For all the posession we dominated in the 2nd half, I can't remember Forster making any decent save. That's the type of thing we mock Arsenal about in our fictures with them over the years. It shouldn't be something to celebrate. usually when teams like City drop points, the opposition goalkeeper wins man of the match. That wasn't the case today.

I thought the difference between that and Arsenal is that we had a lot of penetration down the sides of the box and it took a lot of last ditch defending & luck of the bounce to deny us. With Arsenal they just pass it around, lose it, then get countered, concede, and lose 3-0.

Also, why is everyone acting like City will forever be in good form? Wow. This place is just awful sometimes.

Very true. City looking better now since they've a run of easier games this month compared to us, but they still have a lot of tough away games coming up while most of our tougher away games have passed. They will also drop points for sure.