• Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Schurrle
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

I'm clueless because I said I wish he would cross the ball sometimes. If you bothered to read my post you would notice it started with 'As great as Hazard is'

Cross the ball were? Since when does he cross the ball? And since when do our wide players cross? Is it not our fullbacks? And to who? One body (Costa?) in the box? Clueless....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that was the best we've played for a while in the league. Sloppy for the goal but they defended well to. Could've won easily but I can't complain about the performance.

Definately not the best but not bad by any means, seems emotions are running high at the minute

Bad performances can happen, as can disappointing results. What's more, I can live with them but I would like to believe that our decision makers are aware of the great myth about our situation; we certainly do not have the best squad in the league. We can't even put an XI on the pitch made up of Champion's League quality players, never mind the notion that we possess an entire squad of them.

There are a whole range of things we can take from Jose's comment that we will not be going into the market in January. Maybe we can't afford it, maybe it's misdirection and we will be shopping, perhaps it's that he has players lined up to arrive during the summer instead, or maybe he hopes to plug the gaps with members of the development squad. Some of those are more likely than others but the one thing which is not at all likely in my opinion is that Jose could genuinely believe we don't need reinforcements. Clearly we do need them, starting with 2 AMs. In my opinion this was already obvious at the end of last season, now it has become the great big elephant in the room.

Ok where to start.

• Ivanovic was poor and did not hit a decent cross at all today.
  • Luis had a great opportunity to cross for our 2 big forwards but he overhit it.
  • Terry got caught out twice today trying to play the offside trap giving 1 goal away.
  • Willian takes too many touches killing the moment and needs to be more direct.
  • We need better squad rotation. Luis and Drogba was not match sharp today due to lack of full games.

Overall we need to be more decisive and direct in the final 3rd. We are trying to hard to play like Arsenal. Jose needs to be less stubborn with his formations.

Bit baffled by some of these comments. It was far from the likes of the Sunderland and Newcastle games, where we were passing it side to side, slow, with no runners anywhere. Today we actually got to the byline numerous times but the final ball wasn't there, and we just didn't get that bit of luck with the bounce (and they defended well).

Great 2nd half performance for me.

Bad performances can happen, as can disappointing results. What's more, I can live with them but I would like to believe that our decision makers are aware of the great myth about our situation; we certainly do not have the best squad in the league. We can't even put an XI on the pitch made up of Champion's League quality players, never mind the notion that we possess an entire squad of them.

There are a whole range of things we can take from Jose's comment that we will not be going into the market in January. Maybe we can't afford it, maybe it's misdirection and we will be shopping, perhaps it's that he has players lined up to arrive during the summer or maybe he hopes to plug the gaps with members of the development squad. Some of those are more likely than others but the one thing which is not at all likely in my opinion is that Jose could believe that we don't need reinforcements. Clearly we do need them, starting with 2 AMs. In my opinion this was already obvious back in the summer, now it has become the great big elephant in the room.

Absolutely :)

And stop bringing Drogba on - he offers nothing in these games - too slow now

Not very often then. Which is the point TX was making. Fergie's UTD were the masters of scoring late goals.

We did go through a few games of doing that under Jose years back...then went on a run of draws so didnt quite work out that well

.Seem to play to 90 mins then switch off.

When was the last time we won 5 games in the league in a row?? After every 4th win I always know some how a lose or a draw is coming because we over play players and we are too complacent, look at Man City, when they go on a run they go all out, 10 wins in a row and counting

There is no magic or mystery to this in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned it happens because City are a better side than us.

We've lost a 9 point lead, questions have to be asked.

Fine, ask questions in the relevant threads then, because the performance we put out today was good enough to win it, we were just very unlucky today. That 2nd half was the best we've played in some time (bar the West Ham game).

People having kittens and saying we were shit but I think the luck was clearly with them, not us. Southampton defended well enough and got at our defence at a very uncharacteristic moment of a lack of organisation. Also, when chances are few you would expect top quality refereeing to correctly judge such important moments as the pen, but it was an abysmal, abysmal decision. Fucking atrocious.

Maybe selection and subs could've been a bit better, but I felt we were ultimately robbed by piss-poor refereeing.

P.S. Ivanovic is a diving pansy and should be dropped indefinitely anytime he dives or goes down screaming like he's been shot (which he did today). The size of him - fucking man up.

Bit baffled by some of these comments. It was far from the likes of the Sunderland and Newcastle games, where we were passing it side to side, slow, with no runners anywhere. Today we actually got to the byline numerous times but the final ball wasn't there, and we just didn't get that bit of luck with the bounce (and they defended well).

Great 2nd half performance for me.

We play like we did in the 2nd half against Newcastle and Sunderland and we win those games for sure.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Sky Sports: "I can believe Southampton defended with everything they have - with organisation, spirit and solidarity of players and the effort they fought to get the point.

"My players tried to win, especially in the second half. I can't understand such a big penalty [when Cesc Fabregas fell under the challenge of Matt Targett]. Out of nothing West Ham manager Sam Allardyce starts speaking about Chelsea players diving, then another coach and another coach. The referee changes a penalty for a yellow card.

"Same happened with Diego Costa in the game against Burnley. That I can't understand. A point is a point against a difficult team. There are doubts and doubts - a penalty like that, I will leave with that. The reality is there are penalties and penalties - this one was a huge one. Match after match coaches are telling Chelsea players are diving. I will go to the referee and wish him a good year and tell him he will be ashamed."

True :l