Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

TBF, wet spam beat Man City & gave manure all they could handle @ old crapfort. The only real disappoint for them this season was at home losing to Southampton 3-1. If I remember correctly there was some bad officiating in that match & that could be the cause of this result. People don't forget this is a London Derby & wet spam will come to get points from this match. Then they will flaunt that achievement by releasing a mid-season DVD of the Historic Victory. <_<

But they had Song in those games right? And he's still not 100% fit ? So unlikely to play? Or is he fit again?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the result is better than last years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQBzuP_f4I

Strange to think that only a year ago, we played a pivot of Mikel and Ramires (instead of Matic and Fabregas), we had Eto'o and Ba upfront, still had Lampard and Eden played with number 17 and Oscar with number 11.

How times have changed... And changed well.

But they had Song in those games right? And he's still not 100% fit ? So unlikely to play? Or is he fit again?

I would assume everyone will be fit and available for this match. Again wet spam will act like this is their Cup Final. Also this is the best that the club has been playing in years. Then add the fact that this is a London Derby. Expect this match to be a dog fight. Big Sam team with bad intentions. However I do believe in the mind of Mourinho

I'd rather we concentrated on dealing with their fullbacks who get high up the pitch, provide width and crosses for Carroll (particularly Jenkinson on the right) and also dealing with Downing and Alex Song who have been their 2 outstanding players this year. Song has too much class and ability to be given time on the ball, he can pick a pass and also breaks up a lot of play for them. I'd like to see Oscar or even Cesc in that number 10 role man mark him when West Ham have possession similarly to the way we had Lamps on Steven Gerrard at Anfield last season and Oscar on Pirlo in the CL at the bridge under Robbie.

Obviously Carroll is a threat yes but he doesn't get the opportunity to win headers from crosses/long balls if we stop West Ham playing through Song, Downing and their full backs to get into those crossing situations. Beating Carroll in the air is quite hard to do so when he does get those long balls and knocks it down, we should concentrate on recovering the second ball more like we did against Stoke because realistically Andy Carroll is one of the best headers of the ball in England and 9 times out of 10 he will knock it down if he can.

I will stick my neck out here and say it won't be a problem against this lot. We will have far too much for West Ham, and yes AC is playing well and dangerous in the air, but while JT is in this form he will be feeding scraps.

3-0 or 3-1 for me.

Bloody hell, there was more optimism on here when we played City away!

It's West Ham, FFS! Yes, they've done well this season, but they have very limited players. Jose will come up with the right tactics to highlight their lack of quality.

3-0 comfortable win for us.