• Matic
    • Hazard
    • Schurrle
    • Fabregas
    • Drogba
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

I honestly don't think there is a single footballer in the world that can beat Azpilicueta one on one. His man marking ability is out of this world.

i think i once saw someone beating him, but it might have been a figment of my imagination

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is sooooo selfish. No wonder why some team-mates might not like him.

To be honest a lot of our players have been there, Costa has been there as-well. It's not selfish, he just wants to score, and as for the corner, he probably tried to pass it to Drogba but it reflected from the derby player which is why we got a corner.

Besides the goal, I thought Schurrle was disappointing the entire match.

I agree he looked like a headless chicken - Willian is definitely better there :)

I thought we really missed OSCAR in the middle of the pitch - his tempo and work rate are amazing and MIKEL cannot do that (he had a decent enough game)

Fabregas whilst MOTM is definitely better deeper, he just doesn't have the legs IMHO.

Hopefully the goal will give Shirley some confidence, but he looks a shadow of his former self.

Decent, solid performance and on to the next round :)

Fabregas was amazing today, really flourished at the #10... so many amazing things coming his feet although our other midfielders should have involved him more in the first half.

Hazard was amazing as well. That Luís free kick still has my jaw on the floor, but there's no way Iva can play CB... his mindset was completely of a FB, he was in their half some point when the game was 2x1. What was he doing there?

Always said he'd be good there. :P

Good game. Good performance from Cesc, Eden and Luis.

Always said he'd be good there. :P

Good game. Good performance from Cesc, Eden and Luis.

well, some here questioned him there against Sporting. I think he did well then and amazing today

Happy to have you back, hope the project went well *hugs*

Overall a good performance. Shame Zouma had to go off so soon when he was playing well, hope he will be back soon. Hazard and Fabregas were both brilliant and I think it would've been a much closer game if they had been rested.

Highlight of the game was that Luis freekick, cracking stuff!

well, some here questioned him there against Sporting. I think he did well then and amazing today

Happy to have you back, hope the project went well *hugs*

Actually, he played plenty of times as #10 for us closer to the end of many matches.The Arsenal game comes to mind. And in the first match against Sporting he was excellent after he was moved up the pitch, but Salah and someone else failed to score after his through balls.

Nah, I'm still working on the project. I wasn't even supposed to watch this game.

To be honest a lot of our players have been there, Costa has been there as-well. It's not selfish, he just wants to score, and as for the corner, he probably tried to pass it to Drogba but it reflected from the derby player which is why we got a corner.

I agree 1000000000000%. He can't be starting games for us with that attitude.

Let's not take it to the extreme though. He can definitely start games because he offers something different from all our other AMs. I certainly don't like the attitude when for example Drogba and Cesc (if i remember correctly) are both completely unmarked and he chooses to twist and bend and score the impossible solo goal. But like i said before he is hungry for goals and does the runs the way Willian isn't for example and this is his value right now. He just needs to relax a bit and understand that not only goals are evaluated in a positive manner by the manager.

Look at the goal again, Cesc doesn't even bother celebrating with him.

And that is perfectly understandable. What are you supposed to do if in a team sport your team-mate is constantly looking to impress alone?

Let's not take it to the extreme though. He can definitely start games because he offers something different from all our other AMs. I certainly don't like the attitude when for example Drogba and Cesc (if i remember correctly) are both completely unmarked and he chooses to twist and bend and score the impossible solo goal. But like i said before he is hungry for goals and does the runs the way Willian isn't for example and this is his value right now. He just needs to relax a bit and understand that not only goals are evaluated in a positive manner by the manager.

I get what you are saying, but he needs to have that "team mentality" ingrained in him, and that certainly ain't the case ATM. Only players that deliver more often than not (Messi, CR7, Ibra, etc), can have that thought process.