Chelsea v Hull

Jase

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im amazed at how many actually want Mikel to start this game...

Please, this is the same kind of "false hope" or whatever u want to call as it used to be with Torres.

Mikel is the wrong guy to play in every way possible.

Tibo

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Ramires Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Considering we have to play two defensive minded players in the pivot, I would want to see Schurrle in place of Willian on the RW. Need more attacking threat to compensate for Fabregas' absence. Willian works hard but he doesn't provide enough threat going forward like Schurrle does. And Hull are likely to park the proverbial bus this weekend as well.

This is usually a fixture I'd be weary of but considering we're coming off of a PL loss and we're at home I think we're going to batter them. Can see a 3 or 4 goal victory.

We really, really need to continue winning now that City have lost their best player and have a breezy run of fixtures coming up. Have to hope that they slip up along the way whilst we continue winning. If they keep pace with us or even overtake us with Aguero still to return then we're in serious trouble if we slip up ourselves. Not to mention United now have serious momentum and are creeping up on us too.

As for our XI, I kind of don't mind who starts next to Matić. Been impressed with Mikel lately and it's not like we're going against some powerhouse midfield here. I think he's more than good enough to start this one.

I'd love to see José experiment a little with our attack and try starting 2 strikers.

--------------------Costa------------------

Hazard-----------Oscar--------------Remy

------------Mikel----------Matić-------------

Azpi--------Terry--------Cahill----------Iva

-------------------Courtois-------------------

That's an extremely fluid front 4 that can and will switch positions throughout the game and cause all kinds of problems for Hull. Nice defensive platform too.

Ramires must start. His pace and stamina will be perfect for the entire game, particularly the second half, against Hull. Especially at home.

Yes, but not if he's still not 100% fit and starting him might risk him getting injured.

What I want: (unrealistic)

Cech

Iva Zouma Terry Luis (Azpi has played so many games so far and needs a rest)

Ake-Matic

Schurrle RLC Hazard

Drogba

Subs: Remy, Beeny, Solanke, Cahill, Mikel, Willian

What I want (realistic)

Tibo

Iva Zouma Terry Luis

Mikel-Matic

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Costa/Remy

Subs: Dave, Cahill, Willian, Drogba, RLC, Cech

What will happen:

Tibo

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

Mikel-Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Subs: Drogba, Zouma, Schurrle, Luis, Rambo (prefer RLC tho :( ) Cech

If we have such a defensive pivot then we can afford to play more attacking wingers, which has Schurrle written all over it, and we need to give Cahill some rest to recuperate, still looks more shaken than usual, hence Zouma's inclusion. Costa will almost certainly start but I would prefer Remy or Drogba because, again, he has been looking shaken as of late. Having said that, perhaps banging a goal in will be a straight cure. Regardless, more of the same please!

What I want: (unrealistic)

Cech

Iva Zouma Terry Luis (Azpi has played so many games so far and needs a rest)

Ake-Matic

Schurrle RLC Hazard

Drogba

Subs: Remy, Beeny, Solanke, Cahill, Mikel, Willian

What I want (realistic)

Tibo

Iva Zouma Terry Luis

Mikel-Matic

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Costa/Remy

Subs: Dave, Cahill, Willian, Drogba, RLC, Cech

What will happen:

Tibo

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

Mikel-Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Subs: Drogba, Zouma, Schurrle, Luis, Rambo (prefer RLC tho :( ) Cech

If we have such a defensive pivot then we can afford to play more attacking wingers, which has Schurrle written all over it, and we need to give Cahill some rest to recuperate, still looks more shaken than usual, hence Zouma's inclusion. Costa will almost certainly start but I would prefer Remy or Drogba because, again, he has been looking shaken as of late. Having said that, perhaps banging a goal in will be a straight cure. Regardless, more of the same please!

The ONLY good lineup you put was the last one.

I think some people forget we are in a title race.

The ONLY good lineup you put was the last one.

I think some people forget we are in a title race.

Good, now that people seems forget that City just 3 points behind. Let's play all the kids, like it is Capital One cup games every week :yay: