• Hazard
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, they don't. Kompany, Toure and Silva were all back. They've missed Aguero and Dzeko injured himself on warm up. That doesn't qualify as a lot of injuries.

Kompany's been injured recently and Silva's been out for ages. They played Everton without Aguero, Kompany and Silva, while Dzeko could only play half an hour. Today they were without Aguero and Dzeko, and Kompany got injured towards the end. They might not have a lot of injuries in terms of quantity, but in terms of quality - it's pretty much all their best players that have been injured recently but they've been coping very well. Could you imagine how we'd cope if Matic, Terry, Cesc or Hazard were out injured for a while, let alone at the same time!

Glad to see us beat Hull and get back to winning ways but to say that was a 'sleepy' performance would be an understatement. On the other hand, what on earth were Willian, Cahill and Costa thinking with those dives? Utterly embarrassing! To have Ivanovic diving occasionally is bad enough and now those three are doing it. WTF?! :doh:

Gifs!!!!!!!

tumblr_ngbksksSW61shaydvo1_r1_250.giftumblr_ngbksksSW61shaydvo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ngj4pxdnwX1sscln5o4_250.gif

Hazard dribbling his teammates to celebrate his goal with his other bromancer side

tumblr_ngj1b9qz9Q1sscln5o1_500.gif

(come on, that's the cutest thing ever - and he almost makes Costa and Willian hug each other, as he leaves them in the space)

tumblr_nft0iworfL1shaydvo1_r1_250.giftumblr_nft0iworfL1shaydvo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nft0iworfL1shaydvo3_r1_250.gif

1st half was an abomination bar the goal. 2nd half was not that good but better and that was enough to get us the 3 points without any heart attacks. Thank Huddlestone for that also. I mean, if i was a Hull fan i would be infuriated right now by their performance. We were vulnerable today and they did not threatened once!

Hazard MOTM for me. His decisiveness made the winning goal coupled with a little bit of Brana magic. Great performance by the later also.

2nd half Costa was pleasing to see and after scoring let's hope the beast is on the right track again.

Willian was awful, it's plain and simple.

Oscar and Luis so and so.

Matic, Mikel average.

GC is going through a rough patch.

P.S.: Need to cut the diving, it's a disgrace.

If Mikel was indeed booed that's also a disgrace,

...and Foy is the ultimate disgrace!

it wasnt booing, rather SHOOOTTT!!!!

The game just further exemplifies how neither Schurrle or Willian are reliable enough to be starters in the future. Lack of quality and consistency there is a worry that has to be addressed in the summer. Oscar looked clueless out there without Fabregas to hold his hand. Failed to take on his role as the playmaker. Costa apart from the goal was pretty poor, I thought. Mikel, no words needed to describe his performance. Luis has to be remain in the starting XI.

Overall, pretty dismal performance with only Hazard making it watchable. What a player he is.

First, I thought Brana's performance was also very watchable. Indeed I marked him down as man of the match not least because I did not think Eden had an especially good game. Fortunately he did what a difference-maker is supposed to do and produced a devastating piece of play that killed the game. Overall though, I thought Eden was quiet.

Second, during the last week, someone here said that we urgently need to add quality backups for the AM roles. I couldn't disagree more. My view is that in; Schurrle, Wilian and, most controversially perhaps, Oscar, we already have quality backups. What we need are quality starters.

In my opinion, we have a young man coming through the academy who could start in the 'Jose 10' role but he is at least 3½ seasons short of being ready. Jose will have to judge both if I am right about this youngster's prospects and, whether we can wait that long for him to prove it.

If Mikel was indeed booed that's also a disgrace,

...and Foy is the ultimate disgrace!

It's a long standing tradition that the Stamford Bridge crowd shouts, "shoot! ", every time Mikel gains possession within 35 yards of the goal.

The boos which were heard were not really boos and they were not aimed at any individual player. On several occasions we managed to turn promising possession on the edge of Hull's box, into a back pass and kick out by Petr Cech. It was frustrating and the frustration was audible around the ground.

no, they don't. Kompany, Toure and Silva were all back. They've missed Aguero and Dzeko injured himself on warm up. That doesn't qualify as a lot of injuries.

What I think he is saying, which he explained below Barbara is that in terms of their best players, recently they have had key players injured and still won which is true. They had the equivalent of us having Terry, Matic, Fabregas and Hazard injured. Against Everton they had their best defender injured, their best midfielder/playmaker injured and their best striker, literally and have won every single game with these key injures. They have all three strikers currently injured and have had to play Pozo, who is 18 and litte first team experience up front. That is similar to us having, Costa, Remy and Drogba injured and having a makeshift striker in Schurrle upfront or playing a youth team striker such as Solanke or Brown. Credit goes to them.

I wonder what the Hull fans made of Steve Bruce chatting with Mourinho half of the time during the game yesterday. Same thing happened last season and not to mention, Bruce seemingly has a very defeatist mindset when it comes to matches like that.

Am I the only one who thinks JT was a ROCK? Without him I feel we would have leaked chances in left and right, but he was always there to sweep up and organize. Voted him motm for giving our attackers the assurance of going forward and search for goals despite rather lacklustre offensive performance overall. Luis seemed rather nervous and unsure in defense, Cahill the same, Ivanovic has always been inconsistent in that regard.

Love the man to bits, should find a way of reversing his odometer so he could keep being our rock for years to come.

Just watched the Cahill incident on tv as I didn't get a good look at it in the ground. Absolutely shocking from him, he really needs to be given a bollocking from Jose for that, sometimes we don't help ourselves and situations like those are exactly that. Sort it out Gary, I know you're knackered but you can't just throw yourself down for a nap when you feel like it. Should have been red. Embarrassed for him.

Kompany's been injured recently and Silva's been out for ages. They played Everton without Aguero, Kompany and Silva, while Dzeko could only play half an hour. Today they were without Aguero and Dzeko, and Kompany got injured towards the end. They might not have a lot of injuries in terms of quantity, but in terms of quality - it's pretty much all their best players that have been injured recently but they've been coping very well. Could you imagine how we'd cope if Matic, Terry, Cesc or Hazard were out injured for a while, let alone at the same time!

For some reasons I read you meant only the match against Leicester.

Well, they beat Bayern and Roma in those conditions (although I reckon some of them were back against Roma), which is impressive, but their latest matches in the league were very easy... Leicester sits at the bottom of the table, Southampton lost to Burnley, FFS. The win against Everton in theory was a more difficult one, but Everton have been really dogdy this season, they're in the bottom half of the table, just a few points clear from the relegation zone - which makes me laugh at Lukaku, but not the point.

I got what you meant, and that's why I wanted them to lose UCL. When you have a lot of physical problems, your motivation can make you overcome the deficiencies, but if in addition to having a lot of physical issues your morale is on the floor, then where do you find the motivation to overcome those things? They should have lost to Bayern. Bayern SUCK monkey balls running away with their mickey mouse national league, but being useless in UCL. They also lost to City last year in the group stage and let's not talk about how Real Madrid humiliated them. Useless team with unbearable manager... and I strayed from the subject there.

Bottom line, I agree with you.