test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Chelsea 2-0 Hull

Started by Jason,

MOTM   109 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

• Cech
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • JT
    • Luis
    • Mikel
    • Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

129 posts in this topic

no, they don't. Kompany, Toure and Silva were all back. They've missed Aguero and Dzeko injured himself on warm up. That doesn't qualify as a lot of injuries.

What I think he is saying, which he explained below Barbara is that in terms of their best players, recently they have had key players injured and still won which is true. They had the equivalent of us having Terry, Matic, Fabregas and Hazard injured. Against Everton they had their best defender injured, their best midfielder/playmaker injured and their best striker, literally and have won every single game with these key injures. They have all three strikers currently injured and have had to play Pozo, who is 18 and litte first team experience up front. That is similar to us having, Costa, Remy and Drogba injured and having a makeshift striker in Schurrle upfront or playing a youth team striker such as Solanke or Brown. Credit goes to them.

OhForAGreavsie and Barbara like this

Matic was surprisingly mediocre yesterday. Mikel was Mikel. I think we should have just dropped any of the brazilians at the pivot.

I wonder what the Hull fans made of Steve Bruce chatting with Mourinho half of the time during the game yesterday. Same thing happened last season and not to mention, Bruce seemingly has a very defeatist mindset when it comes to matches like that.

MichaelDance likes this

Am I the only one who thinks JT was a ROCK? Without him I feel we would have leaked chances in left and right, but he was always there to sweep up and organize. Voted him motm for giving our attackers the assurance of going forward and search for goals despite rather lacklustre offensive performance overall. Luis seemed rather nervous and unsure in defense, Cahill the same, Ivanovic has always been inconsistent in that regard.

Love the man to bits, should find a way of reversing his odometer so he could keep being our rock for years to come.

Just watched the Cahill incident on tv as I didn't get a good look at it in the ground. Absolutely shocking from him, he really needs to be given a bollocking from Jose for that, sometimes we don't help ourselves and situations like those are exactly that. Sort it out Gary, I know you're knackered but you can't just throw yourself down for a nap when you feel like it. Should have been red. Embarrassed for him.

Kompany's been injured recently and Silva's been out for ages. They played Everton without Aguero, Kompany and Silva, while Dzeko could only play half an hour. Today they were without Aguero and Dzeko, and Kompany got injured towards the end. They might not have a lot of injuries in terms of quantity, but in terms of quality - it's pretty much all their best players that have been injured recently but they've been coping very well. Could you imagine how we'd cope if Matic, Terry, Cesc or Hazard were out injured for a while, let alone at the same time!

For some reasons I read you meant only the match against Leicester.

Well, they beat Bayern and Roma in those conditions (although I reckon some of them were back against Roma), which is impressive, but their latest matches in the league were very easy... Leicester sits at the bottom of the table, Southampton lost to Burnley, FFS. The win against Everton in theory was a more difficult one, but Everton have been really dogdy this season, they're in the bottom half of the table, just a few points clear from the relegation zone - which makes me laugh at Lukaku, but not the point.

I got what you meant, and that's why I wanted them to lose UCL. When you have a lot of physical problems, your motivation can make you overcome the deficiencies, but if in addition to having a lot of physical issues your morale is on the floor, then where do you find the motivation to overcome those things? They should have lost to Bayern. Bayern SUCK monkey balls running away with their mickey mouse national league, but being useless in UCL. They also lost to City last year in the group stage and let's not talk about how Real Madrid humiliated them. Useless team with unbearable manager... and I strayed from the subject there.

Bottom line, I agree with you.

I detest our lads diving and also feel embarrassed by diving.

Let's not get hung up on it though just because the media choose us as the scapegoat for a campaign. I see it game in game out by players from all clubs and the media, are very selective when they come out with critism.

With that in mind I say...fuck em all.

WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.