• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

By far the worst performance of the season. Just happy to collect the three points.

On this basis we will get hammered by Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern

The same Barca who drew against awful Getafe today? We can raise our game when needed. On the basis of losing 1-3 at home to Aston Villa in 2011/12 we were never going to beat Barcelona and win the champions league either

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far the worst performance of the season. Just happy to collect the three points.

On this basis we will get hammered by Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern

Its most unlikely we will play ALL 3 and we certainly won't if One of them hammers us .. Think ...........

Plus played better then last week..not thats it hard mind but hey

It's the reactions that get me. Last week for me we didn't deserve to win, this week we win and it's all doom and gloom from a lot of people.

But hey that's opinions I suppose.

I don't get the gloom and doom.
With the City away match gone, we have the edge plus the 3 pts.

You wanted a third goal but 2-0 is ok against a side who did n't give up. I mean if we win 5-0 and the opponent has left the pitch, it does n't count (e.g. Spurs last season).

I don't get the gloom and doom.

With the City away match gone, we have the edge plus the 3 pts.

You wanted a third goal but 2-0 is ok against a side who did n't give up. I mean if we win 5-0 and the opponent has left the pitch, it does n't count (e.g. Spurs last season).

edge? direct results don't count in the pl...

Just got back from the game, knackered and hoarse but thoughts:

- Diego worked his socks off today and deserved a goal, it took seeing him in the flesh to appreciate his movement off the ball.

- Mikel was dreadful.

- JT was phenomenal at the back, his distribution was quality as ever.

- Chelsea fans leaving for another pint at 35 minutes gone pissed me off.

- Hazard played very well and took his header well.

- Chris Foy was a mixed bag, didn't see the diving incidents too well from where I was but I heard the tackle on Luis, I was worried for the dude.

- Sub par performance but we won.

Great to be at the bridge today, got involved in the chants more and enjoyed the day! :)

Hull had zero shots on target and really zero remotely real chances. But we were lucky to win...

sorry to disagree again.

I've just post thrice now because I couldn't access the forum earlier, and they were three negative posts, but come on, we weren't lucky to win at all.

We were a mess, we were lost, we missed Cesc dearly, but we weren't lucky to win. Our first goal was simply brilliant - the only moment of brilliance we've created in the whole match as far as I can remember and we have a striker that doesn't forgive (thankfully) that kind of chance, which is also merit and not luck.

We played a very bad match, but we played the worst side at the league at the moment, so that's the only context one could talk about luck, but even then, we don't know how we would have played against a different side. I think part of the reason why we were so lost and disorganized is because Hull is just a mess too. It's hard to play against a team that is a mess because you don't know exactly which game play to go sometimes. Lucky is Newcastle winning last match, that was a lucky win, today, not even close. We were going to win today's match 101 times in 100 attempts if the game was replayed over and over and over.

I'm far from happy with the presentation, but we were able to do what we had to do to win. I think there are some adjustments to be done, but I don't know if it's fair to ask for them during the December marathon.

I hope Mikel doesn't ever start another match for us in the two major competitions. UCL is now in knock-out stage - he has absolutely no business playing those, and EPL is close again, with City breathing in our neck - a situation that he also has no business playing. He makes us look much worse and like an average team, something even in our bad days, we aren't. I'm not blaming the whole fiasco (football wise) today on him, far from it, apart from Iva and Eden nobody had a great match - although Costa really upped his presentation in the second. It's just a question of Chelsea being a team with too many and big ambitions to have a player like Mikel figuring in important matches, and until the title has our name, any EPL match is too important for us to afford Mikel, as we already played Hull at home now. That was the only match I think we could afford him, unless another team has a deep drop in their quality and become as bad as Hull in the last months of the competitions (something very likely to happen). Ramires needs to recover asap because he's much better than Mikel, despite his clear and undeniable limitations.

Decent result, good to see Hazard winning us a match, great to have Costa reconciled with the goal. Hopefully we'll play much better against Stoke. Now that will be challenging, but Cesc will be back and some of the key players will be rest against Derby, so I think we'll be more than able to deal with it.

They have a lot of injuries and are still winning which is annoying. We were without Matic for one game and lost. No Cesc today and we were very bad.

no, they don't. Kompany, Toure and Silva were all back. They've missed Aguero and Dzeko injured himself on warm up. That doesn't qualify as a lot of injuries.