Neil Barnett

link to accounts? good source for the future...

@BluesChronicle

@ChelseaKelv

@WAGNH_CFC

Apart from BluesChronicle the other two are probably more reliable for members of staff at the club rather than players as they are more involved with fans forum meetings with the club etc.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst one could easily see how much he cared about the club he was maybe the most awkward of the whole Chelsea TV staff. And they have a lot of awkward guys. Maybe its because they always have to be so cheerful but the foreign players often don't understand a word. But why the heck are there even post-match interviews?

Anyway, I think he really is a nice bloke, he just has the wrong job. Not only his announcements but his pronounciation in general is so annoying. He always changes the pitch and volume of his voice in the middle of the sentence when there is no need to do so whatsoever. First time I wondered whether he has tourette or something.

Whilst one could easily see how much he cared about the club he was maybe the most awkward of the whole Chelsea TV staff. And they have a lot of awkward guys. Maybe its because they always have to be so cheerful but the foreign players often don't understand a word. But why the heck are there even post-match interviews?

Anyway, I think he really is a nice bloke, he just has the wrong job. Not only his announcements but his pronounciation in general is so annoying. He always changes the pitch and volume of his voice in the middle of the sentence when there is no need to do so whatsoever. First time I wondered whether he has tourette or something.

Gotta agree. Most of his interviews are so cringey. CTV as a whole needs major improvement it's just so bland. Only thing I actually like are Pat's analysis and insights.

Met him in the butchers hook and again at Burnley, Very nice bloke!

As for Chelsea Tv- I don't know why I pay for it....when you look at CityTV it's head and shoulders above the tosh we produce!

If you haven't seen city's channel...take a look, and you will think Chelsea TV is even worse!!

Gotta agree. Most of his interviews are so cringey. CTV as a whole needs major improvement it's just so bland. Only thing I actually like are Pat's analysis and insights.

I like the weekend review and also find Jody Morris's contributions interesting, His tone is not especially upbeat but what he says shows a lot more insight than most on the channel I find.

Friday Night Live should be destroyed and airbrushed out of CTV history. Embarrassing.

As for Neil, I know what people mean about his 'cringe worthy' presentation but I find I can put up with it. I sort of file it under 'so bad it's good'. 'Bad' isn't really the right word though. Maybe 'idiosyncratic' is the way to describe his style. Two things definitely worth mentioning in Neil's favour are:

• I think he really excels at the recall of club history. Obviously you'd guess that he bones up before specific interviews but the way he instantly pulls facts out of the air during off the cuff moments is very impressive.
  • I love his love for the club. That's something we can all relate to.

If Neil really is on his way out then thanks for everything Spy. Hope the next chapter is even better than the last.

Met him in the butchers hook and again at Burnley, Very nice bloke!

As for Chelsea Tv- I don't know why I pay for it....when you look at CityTV it's head and shoulders above the tosh we produce!

If you haven't seen city's channel...take a look, and you will think Chelsea TV is even worse!!

I stopped paying for Chelsea tv about 3 years ago .. Now I only visit the club web site about twice a month ..

We have an Official Club site that is barely Conference Level

I stopped paying for Chelsea tv about 3 years ago .. Now I only visit the club web site about twice a month ..

We have an Official Club site that is barely Conference Level

I don't think I've visited the club website in the last year. Hugely out of date, boring and irrelevant.

I don't think I've visited the club website in the last year. Hugely out of date, boring and irrelevant.

Yep, amazing how we've got such a low-interactive website.. But I guess their focus is more on social media now, Twitter & Facebook particularly.