Chelsea v Sporting Lisbon

Jase

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A boring 1/2-0 win after going ahead early, with Jose probably even resting Costa and Fabregas. I might just give this one a miss and watch Roma-City where the stake is much higher and basically a straight knock out match.

I enjoy watching us when there ISNT tension

I can understand that he needs rest but we can not take Sporting so lightly. We need a solid start and I believe playing Hazard for the first half or even hour will help us establish a strong lead.

Taking Sporting lightly is exactly what we have to do in this match. We don't need to win this match, our only task after the disaster of overplaying our best players with 4 games in 15 days, is to rest players. We should not give a fuck about this game and do not play anyone that has to start against Hull on Saturday, which is waaaay more important. Our momentum is shit anyway. But the game vs Hull is the game we can lose our season in. If we fall behind City this winter, we will never see first spot again with how easy their schedule is. Our players should be fresh and for one of the season defining matches instead of wearing our best players down in this void Sporting Lissabon horseshit match.

I can understand that he needs rest but we can not take Sporting so lightly. We need a solid start and I believe playing Hazard for the first half or even hour will help us establish a strong lead.

We have a strong squad. We spent around £11m for Salah. Over £20m for Schurrle. There is Remy. There is Drogba. There are many other squad players. We have enough capable players to play and win us the game. They are not as good as Hazard but they are good enough to help us win the game. We are just causing problems for ourselves if we keep on playing Hazard.

Hazard, Ivan, JT, Oscar and Willian to be rested.

---------------Cech----------------

-Azpi---Zouma---Cahill---Luis-

-------Mikel-----Fabregas-------

-Salah-----Baker-----Schurrle-

---------------Remy---------------

Bench: Schwarzer, Ake (if not fit then Da Silva), Christensen, Ramires, Swift, Willian, Costa.

Hazard, Ivan, JT, Oscar and Willian to be rested.

---------------Cech----------------

-Azpi---Zouma---Cahill---Luis-

-------Mikel-----Fabregas-------

-Salah-----Baker-----Schurrle-

---------------Remy---------------

Bench: Schwarzer, Ake (if not fit then Da Silva), Christensen, Ramires, Swift, Willian, Costa.

Da Silva has great potential but is far away from featuring from the first team. No chance of being in the squad. Swift too. Unsuccessful loan and will need to work with U21 and possibly another loan before being involved with first team. A lot of people want to see Baker play but will he start? Highly doubt it tbh.

Some of you are expecting too radical changes, you will be disappointed. The only ones certain to play are Luis, Cech and Schürrle. All the rest are open, depending on Mourinho's mood we could use more benchies or stick to same old faces.

I hope not see ANY headlines of midfield at upwards, we are qualified and are the first, so the headline dont have nothing no to do. Hazard and Fabregas Not even must be summoned.

Cech; Azpi, Terry, Zouma, Luis; MIkel, Ake; Schurrle, Baker, Salah, Remy.

Da Silva has great potential but is far away from featuring from the first team. No chance of being in the squad. Swift too. Unsuccessful loan and will need to work with U21 and possibly another loan before being involved with first team. A lot of people want to see Baker play but will he start? Highly doubt it tbh.

I get that. But who's next in line in defence if we fully rest JT and Ivan like I suggested? It's either him or Kane.

Just saying what I would do, still a strong team but with youth laced through.

The one player I hope doesn't play more than any other is Matić. He shouldn't even be named in the squad.

With our recent luck he'd pick up a serious injury in a meaningless game and be out for months.

I know José preaches about putting out a strong team out of respect for the game and the opponent but not here and not after our recent results.

Matić, Eden, and Terry should all be out of the squad.