Chelsea v Sporting Lisbon

Jase

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt Mourinho is going to change the entire starting XI and start playing the youth lads in this game. It's a dead rubber match but still a match that I'm sure Mourinho and the players would like to win, especially after what happened yesterday. I'm expecting him to put out a similar side that played against Strawberry in the Capital One Cup - mixture of youth and experience players in the XI.

Also, for the record, it's a complete BS that we have to take into account of the other sides' predicament when selecting the XI. It should be about us and only us. If we beat Sporting and help Schalke, then good. If not, then whatever. Too bad for them. After all, when we were in a similar situation two seasons ago, we blamed ourselves for the group stage exit and not Shakhtar for failing to beat Juventus, didn't we?

Many of those shouldn't even be on the bench for this: Hazard, Willian, Oscar, JT, GC, Iva, Azpi, Tibo, Matic, Cesc, Diego. This is a perfect match to get the youth and regular subs more minutes.

Cech

Zouma absolutely will play in this match. If there is a plan to drop Cahill for our next league game, expect Cahill playing in this match. And why we're yet to see Luis and Azpi playing at the same time, God knows why.

Matic will play, hope Ramires started, but could not see Fabregas dropped, so maybe Fabregas start first and then Ramires coming in for him in any point in the second half.

Hazard Willian Schurrle

Maybe Salah already not living in London

Costa, yes I'm not drunk, I think Costa will start and then subbed with Remy or Drogba in the second half.

Why should I help you with your task?

Wait until I post my complete list of 70 reasons a traffic cone is better than Mo Salah. It is waiting, Jason. It just needs copying and pasting. It will happen soon. You just don't know when.......

Schurrle,Zouma,Remy,Cech and Luis definitely need to play 90 minutes for this one. My preferred line-up

Cech

Azpi Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Ramires

Schurrle Fabregas Hazard

Remy

IF the game goes our way then I'd love to see some of the youngsters get a chance too.

Schurrle,Zouma,Remy,Cech and Luis definitely need to play 90 minutes for this one. My preferred line-up

Cech

Azpi Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Ramires

Schurrle Fabregas Hazard

Remy

IF the game goes our way then I'd love to see some of the youngsters get a chance too.

No way should Hazard play. He is our best player who has been playing every game for us. We got ourselves the fortunate position of finishing top before the last group game so why would we go out and play Hazard for. Give him a week off to be completely ready for Hull. I will be livid if I see Hazard in that line up. We have got priorities now. It is evident that he looks tired in some latter moments of the game. A week's rest is hopefully good for him.

No way should Hazard play. He is our best player who has been playing every game for us. We got ourselves the fortunate position of finishing top before the last group game so why would we go out and play Hazard for. Give him a week off to be completely ready for Hull. I will be livid if I see Hazard in that line up. We have got priorities now. It is evident that he looks tired in some latter moments of the game. A week's rest is hopefully good for him.

I would rest Terry Matic Cesc and Oscar as well as Hazard

A boring 1/2-0 win after going ahead early, with Jose probably even resting Costa and Fabregas. I might just give this one a miss and watch Roma-City where the stake is much higher and basically a straight knock out match.

I can understand that he needs rest but we can not take Sporting so lightly. We need a solid start and I believe playing Hazard for the first half or even hour will help us establish a strong lead.

I can understand that he needs rest but we can not take Sporting so lightly. We need a solid start and I believe playing Hazard for the first half or even hour will help us establish a strong lead.

Sporting won't be pushovers but you do realize that we have won the group already, don't you? They are a decent side but if we can't beat them with a slightly weakened team, then we've got issues. Would rather have Hazard play against Derby than Sporting.

Sporting won't be pushovers but you do realize that we have won the group already, don't you? They are a decent side but if we can't beat them with a slightly weakened team, then we've got issues. Would rather have Hazard play against Derby than Sporting.

Yes I know we've won the group already but I feel the prospect of losing two games back to back would really affect our spirit and momentum. Its important that we bounce back from that loss against Newcastle and get the winning mentality back again with a good performance against a good side like Sporting.

Yes I know we've won the group already but I feel the prospect of losing two games back to back would really affect our spirit and momentum. Its important that we bounce back from that loss against Newcastle and get the winning mentality back again with a good performance against a good side like Sporting.

I agree but if we're gonna start playing Hazard in dead rubber matches like this, then when exactly are we gonna rest him? Time for others to step up and prove their worth.

To watch this or Roma v City? Hmm.

Have one on TV and stream the other. :D