Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just read that Tim Krul is out for a few weeks.

Anyone know what their second choice goalkeeper is like?

Krul normally has a good game against us, so good news.

I don't think Newcastle have too many players that can hurt us. They'll work hard as always and defend in numbers but I'd expect them to be a lot more open and take a few more risks than Sunderland did last week. Just hope this game doesn't come too soon for us. Got to take our chances against an average back four.

Newcastle have quite a few injuries to contend with and at the moment, the list looks like this:

Obertan (hip/thigh injury)

Santon (knee)

Aarons (hamstring)

Krul (ankle/foot)

Coloccini (calf)

Ryan Taylor (knee)

Siem de Jong (groin)

Their team at Burnley:

Elliot

Janmaat Williamson Dummett Haidara

Gouffran Abeid Tiote Ameobi

Perez

Cisse

Wouldn't be surprised if Anita comes in for Perez or Cisse to boost the midfield. Their only other options to start really are Steven Taylor and Remy Cabella.

Their team at Burnley:

Elliot

Janmaat Williamson Dummett Haidara

Gouffran Abeid Tiote Ameobi

Perez

Cisse

Wouldn't be surprised if Anita comes in for Perez or Cisse to boost the midfield. Their only other options to start really are Steven Taylor and Remy Cabella.

Moussa Sissoko will be back, too.

Jose has never won at St James Park :(

Won 1-0 there in 2007 en route to lifting the League Cup, but yes, never in the league.

Shit. Like Krul and the rest of that team.

What a ridiculous post, besides their last two games they've been one of the form sides in the league and have kept a good number of clean sheets this season. This is going to be a very hard game. And Krul is an outstanding shot-stopper.

City'll have a tough game too. They usually suck against Everton. Let's hope Big Rom, Eto'o and Atsu could help us.

after watching their game against spurs, i will be shocked if they are even competitive. defensively they look shit and i think ageuro will have a field day!!!

after watching their game against spurs, i will be shocked if they are even competitive. defensively they look shit and i think ageuro will have a field day!!!

You are right but Everton can be very dangerous when have a good day.

I know City are unlikely to drop points this weekend but who knows? Agüero is a human like us, he can have bad days.

Possibly the hardest game of this campaign yet, their revival has slowed down a bit but they are still going strong. Really think they are gonna try to do a Sunderland as well, we need to be patience and need a moment of brilliance like Aguero did for City last night.

I don't understand why on Earth would anyone want Mikel starting any game, let alone in this tough fixture? Ramires is a must start in place of Matic, providing he is available for selection. They are not gonna attack us people, they will sit back and play like Sunderland, a draw can be seen as a good result for them, nvm winning. We need to win though, I hope we go all gungho for the 1st 15-20 mins, try to score a goal then sit back and let them try to get an eqauliser, while hitting them on the break.

Going to this, and I'm going to be honest I hate us playing this lot......The tempo and 'want' from the Spurs game must filter into this game. There a good side and on their day can beat anyone especially at home. An early goal from us would be great, and I'd continue with DD up top.

Possibly the hardest game of this campaign yet, their revival has slowed down a bit but they are still going strong. Really think they are gonna try to do a Sunderland as well, we need to be patience and need a moment of brilliance like Aguero did for City last night.

I don't understand why on Earth would anyone want Mikel starting any game, let alone in this tough fixture? Ramires is a must start in place of Matic, providing he is available for selection. They are not gonna attack us people, they will sit back and play like Sunderland, a draw can be seen as a good result for them, nvm winning. We need to win though, I hope we go all gungho for the 1st 15-20 mins, try to score a goal then sit back and let them try to get an eqauliser, while hitting them on the break.

Ramires and Fabregas in the middle is very risky going away to Newcastle. Defensively we could be easily exploited if we do that. I am sure Mikel will start. Newcastle will be a bit more attacking than Sunderland, I am sure of it. They are some of what of a bogey side in recent years at SJP. They will look to hit us on the counter.

Going to this, and I'm going to be honest I hate us playing this lot......The tempo and 'want' from the Spurs game must filter into this game. There a good side and on their day can beat anyone especially at home. An early goal from us would be great, and I'd continue with DD up top.

why play drogba again, in quick succession when costa is fit and avaliable

Newcastle are not doing badly and they beat us last year.
Caution is needed -no Maribor or Sunderland jokes- because City seems to have woken up.

Missed the chance to back the goons last night. My favourite bet, last minute siege- like CFC v. Everton last season. Sanchez scored for them just before I had time to get it in.