• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Luis (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Nah, if it was Torres the usual suspects would have been like "we'll he worked hard".

In all seriousness tho, Torres is in a league of his own, Costa was average but that was it average, nothing close to the act as a defender for the opposition sketch that Torres treated us too for three and a half years.

First half was very poor, though. His decision making was bad as was his ball control. Very frustrating to watch.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a big scoring problem imo. If you take away Schalke who made many mistakes, and Spurs being Spurs, we are struggling to even score 2 goals.

There's just no way to explain no one scoring for Chelsea in that dominant first half. But then you look at the team - if the chances don't fall to Costa, do you trust anyone else to score?

I think Mourinho should go back to rotating the RW in search of more goal scoring contribution. Either with Schurrle or Remy.

Last week we were 8 points ahead of City, this week only 3... football, a funny old game.

I was actually working so missed the match, i have no idea how we played so cant really comment, lets just hope we regain our early season form soon..

We have a big scoring problem imo. If you take away Schalke who made many mistakes, and Spurs being Spurs, we are struggling to even score 2 goals.

There's just no way to explain no one scoring for Chelsea in that dominant first half. But then you look at the team - if the chances don't fall to Costa, do you trust anyone else to score?

I think Mourinho should go back to rotating the RW in search of more goal scoring contribution. Either with Schurrle or Remy.

Willian hardly ever produces anything in the final third, i mean i appreciate his pressing and hard work off the ball but it's simply not good enough. Oscar is very hit and miss when it comes to goals/assist as well..

if Costa and Hazard goes missing we struggle to score 9 times out of 10... it's kind of worrying.

Though I realised one thing has to be said. Costa form=Chelsea form. He was dragging us in first months and we did fine. Small team, big team, home or away it didnt matter. Because he scored and we won. Now, he is off form and we dont score. The bad thing is that Oscar, Cesc, Willian and most importantly Hazard cant realy step up and score when we need to. Its partly fatigue, but I have questions if we have single player in team who can score crucial goals in few games when others wont be able to do it.

There I point at Hazard, who will slowly need to take that role. City have Aguero and Toure (last year even Dzeko) who are scoring goals when THEY NEED THEM (at least in PL). Then they have Silva who is also quite consistent and crucial player. We have Costa who scores goals (but off form atm), then there are Drogba (who is 36) and Remy but they apart from finishing cant realy drag team forward. For his age, Didi is doing best he can, but he lacks that energy and you simply cant count on him scoring goals every game like Aguero. This is where Hazard needs to step up. Finishing is not his best, but he always makes double figures anyway and he needs to be more important in games where we need goals. Last season, he was more effective when we needed to score. This year with Costa arrival, he improved his dribbling and attacking play, but decreased in finishing. Oscar scores goals here and there, but Cesc is another one who I expected few more goals from. I know he wont be Lamps 2.0, but he is not even close to look like man who can score. I know he plays deep, but if he could have better finish, it would add another option to our attack. We dont have any player who can strike from distance regulary, Costa is average outside penalty area, Cesc, Hazard dont try and Willian, Schurrle were quite shit in most attempts. Matic has other key roles to work in midfield and I dont even expect him to be responsible for goals, while our AMs and Cesc should be.

There, I feel Willian will have to be cut off. We need players who can score regulary, not just Costa. Hazard still has potential, but he isnt natural scorer. This is where a player ala Reus would be appreciated because Im tired of watching Willian waste every third ball, despite his hard work.

We need goals, goals goals. Costa alone cant do it all by himself.

Willian hardly ever produces anything in the final third, i mean i appreciate his pressing and hard work off the ball but it's simply not good enough. Oscar is very hit and miss when it comes to goals/assist as well..

if Costa and Hazard goes missing we struggle to score 9 times out of 10... it's kind of worrying.

It's not kind of worrying lol, it's very worrying. Especially now that Costa seems to have hit a dry patch.

Willian has 1 goal and 1 assist the whole PL season. I think many people including me, like him for his hard work- but no other top club will have a starting winger with such ridiculous numbers.

Willian has 1 goal and 1 assist the whole PL season. I think many people including me, like him for his hard work- but no other top club will have a starting winger with such ridiculous numbers.

That's why we're 'crying' for a player like Reus couple of weeks ago

Last week we were 8 points ahead of City, this week only 3... football, a funny old game.

I was actually working so missed the match, i have no idea how we played so cant really comment, lets just hope we regain our early season form soon..

Welcome to the 2 horse race league, when one of the horse slipped, the other will be catching up :)

No need to worry, it is pretty sure that will be happened at least once in entire race (season). What we have to do is get a grip back and keep going forward.

We're not gonna win every match for sure, so as City. who the hell starting 'unbeaten' team talk actually :rant: it's like stupid jinx waiting us to lose for sure. Glad no one will be talking about that now.

One thing I'm confident with for this season is we're gonna lose match we expected to lose. I don't think we will get an unexpected result like Palace away, Sunderland home, or WBA home draw last season in this season, with a quality in our squad.

If someone had told me that night against Atletico that we wouldn't lose again for over 7 months, I probably wouldn't have believed them.

Better to lose the record against a team most of us don't have a problem with, instead of one of our rivals!

I still think this will be a great season for us, one loss won't change that.

Though I realised one thing has to be said. Costa form=Chelsea form. He was dragging us in first months and we did fine. Small team, big team, home or away it didnt matter. Because he scored and we won. Now, he is off form and we dont score. The bad thing is that Oscar, Cesc, Willian and most importantly Hazard cant realy step up and score when we need to. Its partly fatigue, but I have questions if we have single player in team who can score crucial goals in few games when others wont be able to do it.

There I point at Hazard, who will slowly need to take that role. City have Aguero and Toure (last year even Dzeko) who are scoring goals when THEY NEED THEM (at least in PL). Then they have Silva who is also quite consistent and crucial player. We have Costa who scores goals (but off form atm), then there are Drogba (who is 36) and Remy but they apart from finishing cant realy drag team forward. For his age, Didi is doing best he can, but he lacks that energy and you simply cant count on him scoring goals every game like Aguero. This is where Hazard needs to step up. Finishing is not his best, but he always makes double figures anyway and he needs to be more important in games where we need goals. Last season, he was more effective when we needed to score. This year with Costa arrival, he improved his dribbling and attacking play, but decreased in finishing. Oscar scores goals here and there, but Cesc is another one who I expected few more goals from. I know he wont be Lamps 2.0, but he is not even close to look like man who can score. I know he plays deep, but if he could have better finish, it would add another option to our attack. We dont have any player who can strike from distance regulary, Costa is average outside penalty area, Cesc, Hazard dont try and Willian, Schurrle were quite shit in most attempts. Matic has other key roles to work in midfield and I dont even expect him to be responsible for goals, while our AMs and Cesc should be.

There, I feel Willian will have to be cut off. We need players who can score regulary, not just Costa. Hazard still has potential, but he isnt natural scorer. This is where a player ala Reus would be appreciated because Im tired of watching Willian waste every third ball, despite his hard work.

We need goals, goals goals. Costa alone cant do it all by himself.

You raise a very good point. In games where have tried and tried to score an intricate goal with a tap-in at the end and it doesn't work, then we need a goal from somewhere else. The most important alternative methods of scoring when struggling (especially for our side) are set pieces, and then perhaps long shots.

We do score quite a lot of set pieces but I think we have the potential to score more. Yes it is difficult in the PL where there are many physical defenders but all our set piece routines are the same - lump the ball into the box and hope someone scores. Why don't we try to be more inventive with our routines like Atletico who seem to score from one every game? Then there's the shots from distance. How often do we score goals from outside the box when we're struggling like Bayern do quite often (vs. City in the CL, for example)? Hardly ever. We do try but our AMs' finishing is not very good and then again we don't really want to see everyone taking pot shots all the time.

Plan B is lump it up to Drogba. But our Plan A needs a bit more variety - we can have the intricate play but we could perhaps work more on our set pieces and shooting from just outside the box where we do get a lot of the ball. In fact I remember when Hazard scored against Hull away last year the commentators mentioned he'd been practicising his shooting that week. What's happened to that?

Atkinson can tongue the back of my balls... What a fucking tool.

How is this not a foul on Hazard at 25secs????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3bcGs-TWU#t=32

He then calls a foul on Cesc and books him. What a piece of work he is... Fuck you, you stupid cunt.

My god! Gary Cahill's loss in form is alarming. If he wasn't homegrown he'd be replaced by now. Ivanovic bombs himself forward and then casually strolls back to position. These two have got to go.

It is quite surprising how poor Cahill has been as of late. If he continues to play the way he has been, Iva or Zouma will have to partner Terry. In my eyes, Iva shouldn't be playing as a RB.

Atkinson can tongue the back of my balls... What a fucking tool.

How is this not a foul on Hazard at 25secs????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3bcGs-TWU#t=32

He then calls a foul on Cesc and books him. What a piece of work he is... Fuck you, you stupid cunt.

Wrong. That was a brilliant tackle.