Parking the bus

I hate the phrase "parking the bus".

Defending is a fucking art. The perfect defence is almost unobtainable. You will almost always concede many chances in a match, but to be able to hold such defensive rigidity against the side that is arguably the best team in world football at the minute, certainly top three with Bayern and Real, deserves real commendation. Sunderland defended beautifully yesterday and they deserved a point. It doesn't matter how shit they were against Southampton; they were miserly against us and warranted a return from the game in terms of points. I salute their showing.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting hammered 8 nil at Southampton we've had to start our season again, at the moment it's just important that we don't get beat. Chelsea will win the title and looking back this will be an decent point for you lot as we'll probably take points off other top sides at the SOL. Lets just hope we don't need to win the last game of the season to stay up :)

BTW - over 45,000 there today and I was impressed by how many you brought.

If Sunderland play as well as they did yesterday against the Manchester sides you'll definitely take points from them.

I'll go as far as to say that the game yesterday was the toughest we've played all season. You're the first team to make us look impotent in attack, fair play.

You really need to look at our recent record at City to realise you're talking shite :D

And I remember the semi-final against Barca when Chelsea had 24% possesion with no shots on or off target.

But I'm not here to antagonise, I like Chelsea and want them to win the league.

Same game we were with 10 men and 2 goals down in a Champions league semi final. Hardly comparable.

Has a semi final 3 days later? Most of the squad was subs. You had your full team at home in the league during the first third of the season. Id be disgusted is Chelsea played like that at home.

Would you have preferred we went toe to toe against you and get beat?

Would you have preferred we went toe to toe against you and get beat?

That's how most people see it. They expect you two play a nice game of football and let us roll you over, but that didn't happen so people are upset. It's great from you guys because you wanted points so you didn't go in blindly and try to outplay us (although with our pathetic performance, you probably could of).

Also I can't see why people aren't blaming Jose here instead. He knew they were going to play deep, that's the whole point, that's the whole reason we lost the title last season, the whole point he brought in Cesc and Diego. He should of used better tactics and freshened up the squad, rested Hazard in midweek, but nope.

Has a semi final 3 days later? Most of the squad was subs. You had your full team at home in the league during the first third of the season. Id be disgusted is Chelsea played like that at home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17673812

30% possession, 4 shots, only two on target. Don't be bitter/hypocritical, Sunderland were fantastic. If any club has no right to complain about teams defending well against us, it's Chelsea.

Anyone who thinks Sunderland didn't defend well just has to look at our average touch map:

stats-chelsea-sunderland_3235368.png

Sunderland did what they had to do, but Mourinho lost the 2 points with bad tactics and selection more than anything.

We played against a bus at least 10 times last season and this is exactly how we played, so it's not like Sunderland did something extra ordinary.

Simple fact is Sunderland cant play football. When they try they get demolished. Lets see how well they "defend" against City. Bet they get smashed, only seem to defend well against us.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Since 2010, in the EPL, City have played 9 matches against Sunderland. They won 2 matches against Sunderland, lost 4 and drew 3.

We park the bus enough times,cant complain when another team does it.Up to us to find a way through which we didnt.Fair play to Sunderland.Hardly going to put in another 8-0 loss performance.Did their part and got the result..just glad didnt get the win lol.Home against us where we struggle lately

I thought Wickham on Ivanovic's flank was very clever, he shut down one of our best attacking threats. But I still maintain that with a fully fit team, we would've certainly won the game. All of our creative players bar Willian to some extent failed to make the difference.