Who's the player leaving Chelsea for Besiktas?

the wes

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need to replace him it isn't like he's been an integral part of the team. May as well promote youth.

As much as I would love to see that, it is easier to say than done imo. That's huge thing we're asking. Yes, Salah's role has not been important until now, but he is still our 5th best AM at the moment, and it's crucial, as we compete until the last stage in 4 competition.

I'm still thinking that is not the most clever thing to do, to not find his proper replacement. Still think Jose will sign someone better than him, if Salah actually gone for good. That or Salah is not going anywhere imo. Salah will not go to AFCON, in boxing day period we still need him.

Actually, I have a feeling nobody going out and going in at January. We will do the business with Besiktas later in the summer.

Also, I have a question, why anyone think we have to get rid Salah in the first place? Because he is not good enough? What makes you think that any of our youngsters could do better than Salah? It's risky, and I believe we will not let him leave, unless we have a better replacement.

Zouma being loaned to Besiktas would be an incredibly strange move. He's our 3rd choice CB and has been getting some decent minutes this season so far. So either:

1) We're loaning him outand recalling Kalas from his loan (he's getting no minutes at Koln after all).

2) We're loaning him to make room for another CB that we're signing but then what does that mean for Kalas/Christensen and even Zouma himself? Surely wait til JT retires to sign another CB.

3) We're loaning him and having just Ivanovic and Christensen as replacement CBs but then that's suicide. We'll only have 5 senior defenders and will be 1/2 injuries from complete crisis like someone else mentioned.

1 would be fine in my mind, giving each of our young(ish) CBs a chance at the club being 3rd choice CB and would solve the problem of Kalas not being played at Koln and would invariably give Zouma some more minutes, albeit in a weaker league. 2 I wouldn't be keen on as it would likely mean the end of Kalas and I still rate him highly. 3 would be mental; I really doubt Mourinho would do this.

Zouma being loaned to Besiktas would be an incredibly strange move. He's our 3rd choice CB and has been getting some decent minutes this season so far. So either:

1) We're loaning him outand recalling Kalas from his loan (he's getting no minutes at Koln after all).

2) We're loaning him to make room for another CB that we're signing but then what does that mean for Kalas/Christensen and even Zouma himself? Surely wait til JT retires to sign another CB.

3) We're loaning him and having just Ivanovic and Christensen as replacement CBs but then that's suicide. We'll only have 5 senior defenders and will be 1/2 injuries from complete crisis like someone else mentioned.

1 would be fine in my mind, giving each of our young(ish) CBs a chance at the club being 3rd choice CB and would solve the problem of Kalas not being played at Koln and would invariably give Zouma some more minutes, albeit in a weaker league. 2 I wouldn't be keen on as it would likely mean the end of Kalas and I still rate him highly. 3 would be mental; I really doubt Mourinho would do this.

Option 1 sounds good to me, everybody wins

Kalas :rolleyes:

Kalas ain't good enough for a German team then he ain't good enough for us.

So stop wasting your time thinking that we will be using a lot of young players.

We will continue to buy ready made players for the foreseeable future.

We need to sign a top CB. Don't let the good run of form and the unbeaten run we're on fool you. Thinking ahead, or even for this season for the CL, we need a top CB. I honestly half expected us to sign someone this past summer and I am certain that we will get someone in the next two windows.

First, the work load on Cahill and 34yo JT is just too much at the moment. It's lucky that we've had so many international breaks so that they can recover, especially John, but I still don't know how they're going to get through the busy Christmas period. A single injury to any of our defenders, and we'd have to play the same back four throughout the busy period and that's just a recipe for disaster. Even as it stands, one or two of the regulars (JT, Cahill, and Iva) are likely get burned out, or worse, suffer a muscular injury from exhaustion.

From a tactical point of view, perhaps the only major weakness of our current side is the fact that we don't have a proactive CB to suite our style of pressing. We see it happen in almost every game, our midfielders press high and our CBs stay low because JT doesn't have the pace to recover and Cahill just shits himself if he has to defend 1vs1; this obviously leavse a gap between midfield and defense. We might be getting away with it now more often than not, but against top opposition in Europe you get punished for that.

People talk about a right winger, but for me, the priority in the market is a CB in his prime and that is regardless of whether or not Zouma, or any of our other young CBs, get loaned out or stay.

Kalas ain't good enough for a German team then he ain't good enough for us.

So stop wasting your time thinking that we will be using a lot of young players.

We will continue to buy ready made players for the foreseeable future.

Last time he was here, I think he is good enough to be backup. Koln just wasted him and that is not his fault nor ours.

Kalas in, Zouma out sounds good to me. The gap quality is not that big, if it isn't almost the same.

Last time he was here, I think he is good enough to be backup. Koln just wasted him and that is not his fault nor ours.

Kalas in, Zouma out sounds good to me. The gap quality is not that big, if it isn't almost the same.

Seriously when you guys learn that we don't do youth?

They have to do extremely well in loan for us to consider them like Courtois.

Seriously when you guys learn that we don't do youth?

They have to do extremely well in loan for us to consider them like Courtois.

Didn't we talk about replacing Zouma with Kalas? do you realized we are talking about replacing 20 years old kid with 21 years old one?

We're doing fine until now, what's the urgency to buy older and expensive player now, when we're not in 'crisis'?

Didn't we talk about replacing Zouma with Kalas? do you realized we are talking about replacing 20 years old kid with 21 years old one?

We're doing fine until now, what's the urgency to buy older and expensive player now, when we're not in 'crisis'?

Whats the point of having another 20 year old in the bench?

They need to play so they can grow.

Like kdb with us. He sucked bad when he hardly play.

Now when to a team when he's playing and doing good.

So no, having a 20 year old to rot in the bench doesn't do anything for us or the kid.