• Costa
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a comment that i was disappointed that we didn't push on against WBA after going 2-0 up and was slated for it. I hope the same people who slated me are equally disappointed that we went on to score 5 instead of sitting on a 2-0 lead when we have a big match on Saturday.

You can't have it both ways.

I think it was just too easy last night - 3-0 is easier to defend, 2-0 and if they nick a goal right back in it.

Agree with your sentiments though - lets just hope there's enough in the tank for Sunderland :)

It was good to see Rambo and Drogba scoring though - will build confidence :)

I made a comment that i was disappointed that we didn't push on against WBA after going 2-0 up and was slated for it. I hope the same people who slated me are equally disappointed that we went on to score 5 instead of sitting on a 2-0 lead when we have a big match on Saturday.

Chelsea sit back on a 2 goal lead = you moan.

Chelsea go on to win 5-0 = you moan.

:rolleyes::blink: .

Difference would be Schalke kept attacking (for whatever reason) so we still had space to attack. WBA went down to 10 men and played all those 10 men just inside their box. If they're going to do that then keep the ball, watch for the counter. No need to break yourselves going for a pointless 3rd. But if they keep attacking like Schalke did then it's far simpler to attack on the counter and/or find some space for balls over the top.

We did tone it down a bit in the second half, we still ended up scoring two more but we were less full on in terms of the energy we let out compared to the first.

It's the right thing to do, what if we did go all out and beat WBA 6-0 and ended up tanked for this one and lost? we would have put ourself's under unnecessary pressure in the last group game for the sake of a bit more fun, yes sometimes it can be a bit meh when we cruise in second half's and take what we have, but theirs a reason we do that, an extra half an hour of fun or a title at the end of the season? not even a contest. I remember Liverpool last season, they were 4-0 up in the Derby against Everton and went all out for more, they didn't get more and ended up putting in a lethargic performances at West Brom the following weekend which cost them two precious points.

A couple of 2-0's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6-0 and 1-1

I've read that elsewhere.

Probably in the dailymail comment section, where I also posted it.

Edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2849436/Schalke-0-5-Chelsea-Five-star-Blues-Roberto-Di-Matteo-s-men-John-Terry-Didier-Drogba-Willian-grab-goals.html#comments

ahaha there it is! Never thought it would have so many likes.

The two matches aren't even comparable. The intensity obviously went down in the second half yesterday but not as much as against WBA because Schalke were playing a high block which meant that our midfielders could not just keep the ball like we did against WBA. Schalke were also playing a very high line coupled with amateurish defensive mistakes which made creating chances rather very easy and does not require great effort unlike when WBA put all of their remaining 10 men in and around their box.

We take 3 points, advantage good night for us. We are in top 3 teams of the world right now. I think that winning Premier League this year is absolutely minimum. We'll be glad if we win double - PL and UCL.

Have to say, Schalke defended like Schalke or another way to put it, Schalke defended like a typical RDM team. Not taking anything from our brilliant performance but some of their defending were just abysmal.

On Saturday the goals didn't go in it wasn't about not going for it.

At a point we shut it down because we had an important game on Tuesday. One could argue that the reason we scored 5 was because we conserved our energy against 10 men. You can have it both ways.