Best ever Chelsea squad (in your lifetime)

Viper22

Best Ever Chelsea 18  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Choose GK & DFs

• Peter Bonetti
    • Petr Cech
    • Carlo Cudicini
    • Thibaut Courtois
    • Dave Beasant
    • Paulo Ferreira
    • Steve Clarke
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • Ashley Cole
    • Ron Harris
    • John Terry
    • Eddie McCreadie
    • Ricardo Carvalho
    • Colin Pates
    • Micky Droy
    • Graeme Le Saux
    • Dan Petrescu
    • David Webb
    • Marcel Desailly
    • Alex
  2. 2. Choose MFs

• Frank Lampard
    • John Hollins
    • Dennis Wise
    • John Bumstead
    • Ken Armstrong
    • Charlie Cooke
    • Peter Houseman
    • Joe Cole
    • Nigel Spackman
    • Michael Essien
    • Claude Makelele
    • Eddie Newton
    • Ray Wilkins
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Michael Ballack
    • Juan Mata
    • Eden Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Arjen Robben
    • Ramires
  3. 3. Choose FWs

• Didier Drogba
    • Gianfranco Zola
    • Kerry Dixon
    • Peter Osgood
    • Roy Bentley
    • Bobby Tambling
    • Eidur Gudjohnsen
    • Salomon Kalou
    • Colin Lee
    • Barry Bridges
    • David Speedie
    • Kevin Wilson
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Jimmy Greaves
    • Tore Andre Flo
    • Diego Costa
    • Tommy Langley
    • Mark Hughes
    • Fernando Torres ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Ivanovic JT Carvalho Cole

Claude

Lampard Essien

Zola

Hasselbank Drogba

Bench: Cudicini, Desailly,Ferreira,Ballack,Hazard, Robben, Joe cole.

The lack of Essien in most posters list is really baffling tbh. this is a player that was widely recognized as the best box to box midfielder in Europe in his prime with us.

Cech

Ivanovic JT Carvalho Cole

Claude

Lampard Essien

Zola

Hasselbank Drogba

Bench: Cudicini, Desailly,Ferreira,Ballack,Hazard, Robben, Joe cole.

The lack of Essien in most posters list is really baffling tbh. this is a player that was widely recognized as the best box to box midfielder in Europe in his prime with us.

Ours is practically identical.

But I couldn't leave this beautiful man out of mine.

wise-main_1686190a.jpg

thats ok for a newbi fan :blue scalf:

I've not been a fan for as long as you Ron, but in the time that I've supported the club (since 1997), there is absolutely no chance any of the players from the Gullit/Vialli era - Zola besides - would get in the team ahead of those I've chosen. Those people who've put le Seux, Desailly, Petrescu, Wise, di Matteo, etc., are, in my honest opinion, mistaken if they think those players are better than Cole, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Essien, Hazard, for instance.

I wasn't going to put in a random late 90s player just for the sake of proving I've been a fan for a long time... my dad has been a regular at Stamford Bridge since 1965, but apart from maybe Chopper over Carvalho, Osgood over Essien and Tambling over Drogba, he couldn't think of a better XI than I one I suggested. For instance after Cech and Lampard, Carlo Cudicini is my favourite Chelsea player, but there's no way in this universe that he was a better GK than Courtois. It's very newbie-orientated, but that's because our squad right now is probably the best we've ever had.

What's the best Chelsea 18 (Starting 11 plus 7 on the bench) in your lifetime in your opinion? I'm curious to see who people judge to be the best according to their age, so post that too.

Post your 18, and then tick the players in the poll so we can see who's the most popular.

I was born in 1992, and for me it's:

-----------------Cech------------------

-Ivanovic---JT--Carvalho---Cole-

--------------Makelele---------------

--------------Lampard---------------

---Robben---------------Hazard---

--------Drogba---------Zola---------

Bench: Cudicini, Le Saux, Desailly, Ballack, J Cole, Gudjohnsen, Hasselbaink.

snap mate

I've not been a fan for as long as you Ron, but in the time that I've supported the club (since 1997), there is absolutely no chance any of the players from the Gullit/Vialli era - Zola besides - would get in the team ahead of those I've chosen. Those people who've put le Seux, Desailly, Petrescu, Wise, di Matteo, etc., are, in my honest opinion, mistaken if they think those players are better than Cole, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Essien, Hazard, for instance.

I wasn't going to put in a random late 90s player just for the sake of proving I've been a fan for a long time... my dad has been a regular at Stamford Bridge since 1965, but apart from maybe Chopper over Carvalho, Osgood over Essien and Tambling over Drogba, he couldn't think of a better XI than I one I suggested. For instance after Cech and Lampard, Carlo Cudicini is my favourite Chelsea player, but there's no way in this universe that he was a better GK than Courtois. It's very newbie-orientated, but that's because our squad right now is probably the best we've ever had.

:clap: I think you might be a better judge than your Dad ,,,Chopper was bad enough at FB never mind CB...and Osgood

would never play in Essiens position .. Surprised Alan Hudson has been ignored

:clap: I think you might be a better judge than your Dad ,,,Chopper was bad enough at FB never mind CB...and Osgood

would never play in Essiens position .. Surprised Alan Hudson has been ignored

He'd have had Chopper at right-back and Branna in the middle, said he would play Makelele and Lampard at the centre of the midfield with Zola and Hazard wide in a 4-4-2; Tambling and Ossie up top.

--------------------Cech------------------

--Ivanovic---Carvalho---Terry-----Cole--

-----------Lampard------Essien-------------

--Robben-----------------------Hazard--

----------Drogba--------Zola----------------

Subs - Courtois, Desailly, Gallas, Fabregas, Gudjohnsen, Makelele, Hasselbaink

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in 1996 and I am Chelsea fan since 2003/2004

Cech

Ivanovic-JT-Ricky-Ash

Makelele

Fabregas-Lampard

Robben-DD11-Hazard

Subs. Courtois,Azpili,Cahill,Matić,Ballack,Joe Cole,Gudjohnsen

I have dilemma on some position specially DMF - Matić or Claude but Frenchman is my idol from childhood so I can be a little bit partial. In fact only on RB choice is very simple because we never have anyone good on this position Bosingwa had good moments but at least he didnt be as good as Iva is.

I know he's not the favorite player for some after he kissed the c*ck but any chance Poyet could be included?

Was my favorite player growing up :) so many crucial goals, headers, volleys, scissor kicks for us.

His goal against Leeds to secure champions league football in 99 remains one of the best Chelsea moments for me, especially as they were they were gaining on us at the time.