Who do u want to see start in the FB positions?

???  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do u want to see start in the FB positions?

• Ivanovic RB / Azpilucueta LB
    • Ivanovic RB / Luis LB
    • Azpilucueta RB / Luis LB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is even when Azpi has played at LB this season, Hazard still managed to play well and provide decisive contribution in the final third. The end results of when Hazard plays with Azpi on the left side is not much of a difference to Hazard-Luis on the left at the moment.

But if we play Luis, that means he can over lap and allow Hazard to be more free, thus creating even more space on the right, also Luis's crosses are sexy.

You are right, there is a big debate to be had. We're spoiled tbh, we've got 3 top quality full backs.

But if we play Luis, that means he can over lap and allow Hazard to be more free, thus creating even more space on the right, also Luis's crosses are sexy.

Azpi did the sexy cross couple of week ago, and recently did the overlap yesterday. They are on a level now :)

Yeah I know Azpi is a good crosser too, but he will be able to cross more and attack more on the right of course.

I can't believe people prefer dave and ivan. Seriously, Luis just adds more attacking flouresence to our team, more width, better ball retention, helps Hazard.. I really see no reason why not. Also it's not like we are going to use Azpi and Dave forever, Azpi is still a young player with the potential of being the best fullback in the world if he was played on his right side, Luis and Dave just improve everything.

Even discussing dropping Azpi is silly. The guy is by far the best full back in the league. And Jose will NOT drop Iva or move him to CB despite his weaknesses and mistakes because of the physicality he provides.

Best fullback?

Or best defensive fullback?

Don't think he is anywhere near luis honestly overall nor zabs or kolorov or raphael going forward.

It wasnt so long ago that people were complaining about dave.......

Best fullback?

Don't think he is anywhere near luis honestly overall nor zabs or kolorov or raphael going forward.

I'm old-fashioned. Fullbacks are supposed to defend first and not get beaten as easily as Zabaleta or Kolarov do. Even Luis is yet to prove his defensive solidity in the PL.

Best fullback?

Did you just compare Azpilicueta to Rafael?

Did you just compare Azpilicueta to Rafael?

Rafael is one of the best full backs going forward.... In all of Europe

He's just a hothead with a lack of discipline... He can cross, he can shoot, he can longball, and he is fast, quick and deceptively strong. However, he trusts his own ability more than doing the right thing which was always his problem/downfall.

Rafael is one of the best full backs going forward.... In all of Europe

He's just a hothead with a lack of discipline... He can cross, he can shoot, he can longball, and he is fast, quick and deceptively strong. However, he trusts his own ability more than doing the right thing which was always his problem/downfall.

:lol: I can't believe my eyes! What tomfoolery

He's probably one of the worst fullbacks I've ever seen

I'm old-fashioned. Fullbacks are supposed to defend first and not get beaten as easily as Zabaleta or Kolarov do. Even Luis is yet to prove his defensive solidity in the PL.

Do Zabaleta/Kolarov get beaten more easily than Ivanovic and do they swtch off as much? Defensively Luis and Azpi are better than him and their pressing is better too although Azpi is the best at 1v1 defending. There's not that much difference between the three overall so I think that it's only fair they play on merit and if someone continues to make mistakes they should be dropped.

:lol: I can't believe my eyes! What tomfoolery

He's probably one of the worst fullbacks I've ever seen

Going forward?

Rapael is definitely one of the best. However, like his brazilian counterparts, the fullback role is very attacking...

He is pretty much an indeal attacking fullback... Provides width, has immense pace, technical ability, great stamina/workrate, etc.

Going forward?

Rapael is definitely one of the best. However, like his brazilian counterparts, the fullback role is very attacking...

He is pretty much an indeal attacking fullback... Provides width, has immense pace, technical ability, great stamina/workrate, etc.

Agree to disagree then

Luis is a very good player, but people wouldn't even be discussing this if he wasn't paid 20M. Branislav and Dave all day long.

No, we're discussing this, because as you stated yourself, Luis is a very good player.