test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHOULO19

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL MEMBERS: Signatures and Avatars

Started by CHOULO19,

40 posts in this topic

Complaining? I'm stating the obvious. A shame that Lampard criticism is being shut out and blacked out; the fact that the Lampard thread itself is still locked is ridiculous enough.

Well, if everyone here is capable of having a mature discussion, the thread wouldn't be locked.

MichaelDance and BlueLion. like this

Complaining? I'm stating the obvious. A shame that Lampard criticism is being shut out and blacked out; the fact that the Lampard thread itself is still locked is ridiculous enough.

The only reason people weren't punished before is because it wasn't an issue. It is out of hand now and since the law has been layed down now. To prevent any more incidents, avatars of the same nature aren't to be allowed.

Lampard criticism isn't being shut out, blatant attacks are being shut out. Users are more than welcome to give tactful and respectful criticism towards players past and present but overt attacks aren't allowed. Perhaps you do not realise that everytime the Lampard thread is reopened (and it has been several times) a proverbial shitstorm occurs with members attacking eachother and attacking the player himself. Maybe soon people will be able to discuss it civily with calm rational debates but as of now, that hasn't been the case.

BlueLion. and MichaelDance like this

Reservations about the last point, but I guess it's fair enough if it has gotten to a point of ridicule. I don't see it as an attack on speaking out about Lampard as such, Amels, but I hope it won't set precedent on other forms of critique against him.

BlueLion. likes this

So can I use a master's thesis on why I don't like one player's actions as my ava/sig or is that deemed "childish" as well? We all know this last point is addressed for one specific player, no need for this "any current or past Chelsea player" pretense.

Feel free, I'll write one back to you.

In the meantime:

9a0.gif

Alternatively you can just accept that these types of images incite flame wars. You don't have to like it. I don't expect you to. I'd rather we could all be grown ups and discuss it properly, sadly there are those individuals that deliberately post provocative content relating to an impassioned subject that is naturally going to piss people off.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a civilised discussion with intelligent members rather than sift through substantial volumes of verbal diarrhoea. The Lampard topic is locked because it is a stain on this forum, every time I read a page of it it seems to corrode through every good debate that's ever taken place on TalkChelsea.

CHOULO19, ILoveLamp, Beepu and 1 other like this

The Lampard thread just got silly.Going round and round in circles and only would've got worse every time he scored...made a pass or face popped up somewhere

Accept it and move on.

BlueLion. likes this

We had a civlised discussion going on in the Lampard thread, Alex. It was not until some "real supporter" decided to disrespect international members that the thread went downhill. It's been over a month now that that thread has been locked, why not re-open it? I highly doubt people are as hot-headed now as they were back then; keeping it closed does make it look like any Lampard criticism and "anti opinion" is being blacked out (as indicated by this new rule).

Seemed to go from being discussions about him to everything being his fault,his fault we drew despite us letting them back in,his fault we might loose the league just silly despite you know we have to play other teams and if we drop points that our fault.Got daft and can see why it was locked.Anyone defending him in anyway was not a real fan and didnt care about the club blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh blahhhh

We've seen people having anti [insert scapegoat player here] avas for years, prime example being manpe's Torred donkey ava but nothing was ever said about that. Wonder why nobody ever came up with any criticism for that... #antilampardblackout

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. What I do know is that I have a very particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. What I do know is that I have a very particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I liked that ava. Just as I like it when any (former) player is being rightfully ridiculed.

slightly off topic, but anyone know how to remove the border around signature images? See my sig's border. I noticed some members don't have this border around their sig...

cheers.