Atmosphere at Home Games

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it isn't the best, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's like an empty stadium. There was a period in the game where the MH were singing non stop for about 15 minutes, and after the first goal the QPR fans were completely silent up until the equalizer.

But I don't see how it's any different to most other PL sides at home. The only time you get a good atmosphere is if a.) it's a massive game b.) the team has been struggling a bit & the fans give extra encouragement or c.) you have an organised singing section (Palace)

If you take out the 50 or so fans in the corner at Palace, it would be like every other teams atmosphere

The atmosphere for the big games is excellent, it's one of the best in the world imo.

You REALLY need to watch other leagues, mate!

B1XPQg6CEAEe-ow.jpg

Those are Hilal fans literally climbing up the side of the stadium to watch a sold-out match today in KSA.

And let's not even mention Turkey, Germany, South America...etc.

:lol: in all seriousness though that game had all the makings for a loud atmosphere - London derby against a big team, tackles flying all over the place, and Wenger shoving Jose - yet it was pretty subdued for most parts.

Honestly, I don't remember it being bad at all in that game.

I watch quite a few Liverpool games as they're always on TV for some reason and the vast majority of their games are just as bad if not worse than ours. And this is the club that supposedly has the best fans/atmosphere in the country. This is a football issue and not specific to just Chelsea but we will be hammered for the next few days in the press for it.

Football has changed a lot, you're not going to get people singing for entire games. Our home fans almost always do well in the big games and the away fans are simply brilliant.

What does it solve, coming out and making a remark like that in the press - especially one in such harsh terms? It's not like now he's said it the Korean/Japanese or whoever tourists will start belting out the classics from the terraces.

You REALLY need to watch other leagues, mate!

B1XPQg6CEAEe-ow.jpg

Those are Hilal fans literally climbing up the side of the stadium to watch a sold-out match today in KSA.

And let's not even mention Turkey, Germany, South America...etc.

By world I only really meant Europe, you know, being a Euro-centric football supporter and all :P and we all know Turkey is in Asia :Goober:

But seriously speaking, obviously that was an exageration on my part but it isn't far from the truth. The big game atmosphere at the Bridge is very good.

Oh, and I think the Germans fans are mechanical and there is very little spontaneity with them. Their atmospheres are too manufactured and I'd hate for Stamford Bridge to be like that.

By world I only really meant Europe, you know, being a Euro-centric football supporter and all :P and we all know Turkey is in Asia :Goober:

But seriously speaking, obviously that was an exageration on my part but it isn't far from the truth. The big game atmosphere at the Bridge is very good.

Oh, and I think the Germans fans are mechanical and there is very little spontaneity with them. Their atmospheres are too manufactured and I'd hate for Stamford Bridge to be like that.

Totally agree. Palace have adopted the same style to. Even their announcer tries to be like their German counterpart by only saying the players first name after a goal (and waiting for the crowd to shout the surname).

Totally agree. Palace have adopted the same style to. Even their announcer tries to be like their German counterpart by only saying the players first name after a goal (and waiting for the crowd to shout the surname).

I hate that, man. They're like damn robots :lol: no disrespect to our German posters of course :sweating:

You know nothing John Styles!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54twKp8k_SY

The Premier League stadium's have a bad atmosphere in general. As much as I don't like them, Palace are the only team with excellent home support in England. There are lots of reasons, main one being the ticket prices. I wish one day the PL would have the same atmosphere as Bundesliga. They are fantastic.

Fans are that who make this game so special. I really love games with amazing atmosphere at the stadium. You can feel the passion through the fans, like Chelsea away games. At home games you can hear only chants if we lead,Costa has scored a goal or Willian with the ball. I really like the ne chat "We're top of the league", but the atmosphere at the Bridge is AWFUL. I can't even imagine how away fans can sing louder than the home fans,that's maybe because I'm from the Balkans and here you can't hear away fans singing in a game. The atmosphere in England is really bad and that's the only think I don't like in the British football. In every other country the atmosphere is better.

From what I'm reading by those that were actually at the game, (and from what I heard when watching) it was a standard EPL atmosphere. I don't understand what Jose is moaning about. Sometimes it's best to shut up and revel in the progress the team has made thus far this season instead of making asinine comments to the media.