Atmosphere at Home Games

Regardless of if he's right, why shame your own fans like that when you obviously know that it's more a systemic problem than just a simple matter of "the home support is shit"? If the atmosphere bothers him so much to the point that it's so torturous for the team to play at home then there's a whole lot he and the club can do about it. Don't dump all the blame on the fans. His comments were borderline disrespectful. The away fans are generally fantastic and I've never heard him sing them any praises.

Nail. Head.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm reading by those that were actually at the game, (and from what I heard when watching) it was a standard EPL atmosphere. I don't understand what Jose is moaning about. Sometimes it's best to shut up and revel in the progress the team has made thus far this season instead of making asinine comments to the media.

As a season ticket holder in the Shed upper it was pretty standard but the QPR fans to be fair to them were very vocal which made us seem good

need to use more chants.

singing mourinhos name is now just annoying.

and whenever we sing about "top of the league" we inevitability concede a goal.

I personally cringe when I hear the Mourinho chants, it's not as frequent or as vociferous as in his 1st spell here but it's annoying when the players are busting their butts out there. Even Jose said he doesn't like it.

The same thing with the Gerrard chant. It's overdone. When we're crushing teams, why should we care about the bloody Liverpool captain? The best chants are the ones about Chelsea and the players on the pitch.

The same thing with the Gerrard chant. It's overdone. When we're crushing teams, why should we care about the bloody Liverpool captain? The best chants are the ones about Chelsea and the players on the pitch.

Yep. I really don't understand why the f*ck the fans were chanting this in a game in CL against Schalke??? :blink: What liverpool and gerrard have in common with Chelsea CL match against german team?

I personally cringe when I hear the Mourinho chants, it's not as frequent or as vociferous as in his 1st spell here but it's annoying when the players are busting their butts out there. Even Jose said he doesn't like it.

Yep. I really don't understand why the f*ck the fans were chanting this in a game in CL against Schalke??? :blink: What liverpool and gerrard have in common with Chelsea CL match against german team?

I did make this point a couple days back, it's tedious now..

I don't really like singing songs for individual players either as it's unfair on the others (eg Willian song being sung when he's not even playing). Think the fans should just sing about Chelsea.

A question to season ticket holders or supporters who goes to the Bridge. I so often hear drums, trumpets, etc in other leagues like bundesliga but almost never in English football?? is it not allowed or is it just not popular with the English folks?

I don't know about you guys but when we are playing away and hearing those drums and trumpets + the fan chants it feels like we are in a warzone, i personally think it can put more intimidation into the atmosphere.

The Germans seem to have the scariest chants for me, they maybe mechanical as some said in the last page but they sound angry and angry as a group.....

But if I was a new fan I would probably be more attracted to the English style more, it just seems more welcoming to me. The cheerful singing and banter is different than the mechanical chants.

Not sure if my post made sense, because I don't even english.

A question to season ticket holders or supporters who goes to the Bridge. I so often hear drums, trumpets, etc in other leagues like bundesliga but almost never in English football?? is it not allowed or is it just not popular with the English folks?

I don't know about you guys but when we are playing away and hearing those drums and trumpets + the fan chants it feels like we are in a warzone, i personally think it can put more intimidation into the atmosphere.

The Germans seem to have the scariest chants for me, they maybe mechanical as some said in the last page but they sound angry and angry as a group.....

But if I was a new fan I would probably be more attracted to the English style more, it just seems more welcoming to me. The cheerful singing and banter is different than the mechanical chants.

Drums are shit. I remember we tried it once a few years back (against Stoke I think) and it just seemed so static and forced

I've never been to SB myself so I can't really comment. I understand it may be hard to get going for a match against QPR too.

However, I have a friend who went to both SB and the Bernabeu and he said that SB was much better as he couldn't hear himself at SB while the Madrid fans were quiet up until a goal.

I also don't think Mou should have publicly stated this issue but hopefully it improves.

EPL, Bundesliga, Eredivisie and the Championship are the best leagues to watch in Europe IMHO, but I have enjoyed SOME Serie A matches in the past too. I recommend that you watch some Borussia Moenchengladbach matches to see an amazing television experience with respect to what can been seen through the cameras mounted inside that stadium.

But regarding crowds, the most intense crowds are Turkish (especially Beshiktash) and the crowds for the Indonesian national team.

For sure on our next home game, that will be noisy

West Brom? If anything it will be worse. He's criticized the fans before and it made no difference. Personally, even if he is trying to deflect attention away from a piss poor performance he should shut his gob about the fans. Maybe if he was on the wage most regular fans are who pay £55 to watch Mo Salah miscontrol a 10 yard pass he can genuinely claim to have this connection with the fans but while he is on a few million a year not knowing how difficult it is to afford to go he can shut up.