The New Untouchables

stroey

Azpi is 100% there.

For all this Mou loves Ivanovic talk, the Serbian is 100 times more likely to lose his place anytime soon then Cesar.

Unless some prime Ashley Cole creeps out of the wood word, Cesar has left back on lockdown until he declines.

Didn't Luis play in several occasion when Azpi fit last season?

About Ivan, Jose himself said how could he find a better right back than Ivan couple of months ago. So, I am sure Ivan is one of it. Jose love for him is undeniable.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Luis play in several occasion when Azpi fit last season?

About Ivan, Jose himself said how could he find a better right back than Ivan couple of months ago. So, I am sure Ivan is one of it. Jose love for him is undeniable.

A few times in the Champions League group stage a couple of PL games (domestic cup too) and after we won the title but beyond that Cesar started when he was available.

A few times in the Champions League group stage a couple of PL games (domestic cup too) and after we won the title but beyond that Cesar started when he was available.

It will be interesting to see what will happen next season if we buy another LB as Luis replacement. I still have that feeling Jose could bench him anytime. If he could survive another season, than I'm sure of it.

It will be interesting to see what will happen next season if we buy another LB as Luis replacement. I still have that feeling Jose could bench him anytime. If he could survive another season, than I'm sure of it.

He's already survived two seasons. You're being unnecessarily paranoid.

Probably, maybe the reason of my doubt is that because Cech was there last season. If Begovic come and next season Courtois play in every match he is fit except against lesser teams, then I could be sure.

The good thing is if Courtois gets cocky and takes his place for granted (which I can't imagine he ever will, I'm speaking hypothetically), Begovic is one of the top five goalkeepers (Courtois, Cech, Lloris, de Gea, Begovic - in that order) in the league and can step into his position without complication.

no one should be untouchable they should have to work for there place week in week out

No, but it happens. Its the same at work when you're in a job that you like and you're comfortable, with high job security. It's just human nature.

Ivanovic is more of an untouchable than Azpi. Started every league game last season and when it comes to rotation Mourinho would play Luis at LB and still play Ivanovic at RB.

Hopefully there are not too many untouchables especially nowadays it is a best 18 rather than a best 11 teams should be striving to send out each week.

However, my untouchables are just the 4: Courtois, Matic, Hazard and Costa.

If we lose any of them, we seem to lose a bit of edge to our game.

The rest are all replacable

Ivanovic is more of an untouchable than Azpi. Started every league game last season and when it comes to rotation Mourinho would play Luis at LB and still play Ivanovic at RB.

Agree. That would be the source of my doubt about Azpi already considered as untouchable.

Unfortunately yes. I was personally just giving a list of my untouchables though.