• Matic
    • Willian
    • Schurrle
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Costa (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

I know hazard has a good penalty conversion rate however i think he takes the worst penalty shots and they are predictable. Keepers who study his technique will figure him out easily.

17 goals in 18 penalties... it's not just luck.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much frustration comes from your mouth, and saying all this things about Chelsea players... I can't see you as a Chelsea fan. You better leave with that attitude.

Sorry, I'll have a think about that when I'm actually at games, paying to watch them B)

what kind of tv do you watch the games on?

it's easy to say "he takes the worst penatly shots" when he misses.

Those kind of penalty shots, like a chip shot for example, are great to watch when they go in but looks pretty bad when they don't.

But how does it different from every other penalty miss? Does smashing a ball half-way (like Mata pen in Munich) is better?

Bottom line is, he scores almost every pen. He can kick it with his head as long as he keeps that record.

Sorry, I'll have a think about that when I'm actually at games, paying to watch them B)

what kind of tv do you watch the games on?

With your shitty attitude, it really doesn't matter where you are during the games.

He waits for them to move? If they don't move he can slot it either way. I think he was just exhausted.

That's the problem right there - he waits for the keeper to move. Gotta remember, his penalty shots aren't powerful at all as he'll just place it into the bottom without exerting much effort when the goalkeeper moves to one side. Now, if his shots aren't already powerful and goalkeepers wait till the very last second before moving, what do you think the outcome would be? They are likely to save his penalty shot since his action depends on the goalkeeper. Unless he starts to shoot with a tad more power and/or varied his penalties to make himself unpredictable, it won't be a surprise if GKs start to save more of his penalties when they thoroughly analyze his penalty taking style.

That's the problem right there - he waits for the keeper to move. Gotta remember, his penalty shots aren't powerful at all as he'll just place it into the bottom without exerting much effort when the goalkeeper moves to one side. Now, if his shots aren't already powerful and goalkeepers wait till the very last second before moving, what do you think the outcome would be? They are likely to save his penalty shot since his action depends on the goalkeeper. Unless he starts to shoot with a tad more power and/or varied his penalties to make himself unpredictable, it won't be a surprise if GKs start to save more of his penalties when they thoroughly analyze his penalty taking style.

Maybe, but I think his being exhausted is part of the reason he missed. He should mix it up though, you're right.

I think Iseah is right about Hazard just being exhausted when he took that penalty. He was catching his breath before the penalty and after it you could see him putting his hands on his knees and inhaling and exhaling quickly, still trying to catch his breath.

Honestly he's kicked 17 penalty's like that in the PL. Don't you think that if they could they would have already figured out Hazard's technique and come up with an effective counter ?

Exhaustion led to a drop in focus which led to the poor penalty.

I think Iseah is right about Hazard just being exhausted when he took that penalty. He was catching his breath before the penalty and after it you could see him putting his hands on his knees and inhaling and exhaling quickly, still trying to catch his breath.

Honestly he's kicked 17 penalty's like that in the PL. Don't you think that if they could they would have already figured out Hazard's technique and come up with an effective counter ?

Exhaustion led to a drop in focus which led to the poor penalty.

Even if he was exhausted, it's still hard to suggest that his penalty taking style isn't risky in some ways. As for the goalkeepers, one could argue that they perhaps haven't been analyzing a lot..

Even if he was exhausted, it's still hard to suggest that his penalty taking style isn't risky in some ways. As for the goalkeepers, one could argue that they perhaps haven't been analyzing a lot..

It's risky, but he's good enough to pull it off at a 100% success rate in the PL.

Every penalty taking style has its risks.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Pure speculation at this point. We'll see what happens next time but i'm finding it a bit cheap that you're doubting him so much. He has a 27/30 succes rate which still puts him up there with the best penalty takers in the world but apparently that's not good enough for you...

Every penalty taking style has its risks.

Some arguably more than others.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Pure speculation at this point. We'll see what happens next time but i'm finding it a bit cheap that you're doubting him so much. He has a 27/30 succes rate which still puts him up there with the best penalty takers in the world but apparently that's not good enough for you...

Doubting him so much? Let's not exaggerate things here. All I'm doing is just giving constructive points about his penalty taking style.

Yeah crystal palace 1-2, united 1-1, shrewsbury 1-2, qpr 2-1, maribor 1-1. This run was worrying, but we also had a long injury list: remy, costa, ramires all out for a long time. Now we have Costa and Ramires back, I hope this ends the "bad" run.

I know I am just hoping for good result against Liverpool, we started brilliantly hopefully it's been a wee blip I know we can win the league this year, I would love it :)

worst we have played this season imo. Hazard needs to stop with that pen i hate it just take a normal pen ffs and he also need to sort out his finishing

This penalty style he has has made him one of the best and most reliable penalty takers in the world, gathering praise from esteemed football experts.

27 out of 30 penalties for him have ended in the back of the net