Who will stop us?

I think if Jose get's it right we COULD be undeafted in the PL - we have done the away days at both City and United, won at home against Arsenal - we have the squad strength that we missed last year, clear strikers in Costa, Remy and Drogba that could make a difference (Didier did it against United eventually), a 'good' defence, a brilliant prospect as well as a brilliant-now goalkeeper, a star in Hazard with accomplices like Willian, The midfeild kind of speaks for itself.

To me, it is down to how Jose approaches the games that matters, all-attacking, counter, etc. that makes the points count.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we don't and the costa statement is blasphemous. I'm willing to bet you any amount that no neutral observer, non chelsea fan would rate or take Costa over Aguero. from a logical standpoint, the Argentine has superior football technique (it's not even up for debate) He has a superior goals to game ratio over the past 5 seasons and that's depsite being extremely injury prone, He's proven himself beyond any shadow of a doubt in this league and has scored exactly the same goals in the league this seaosn as Costa in less minute so what are you basing your argument on?

There's no way Yaya and Matic are equal, nevermind that they are different type of player who play different roles for their team, Yaya had one of the greatest seasons by any player in the legues' history last season and has been hugely influential in all of City's trophy since the takeover. don't let his form so far this season cloud your judgement.

Fabregas is a genuis granted but so is silva and as a matter of fact apart from passing (long range in particular) Silva trumps him in every other department bar vision which is about equal.

And individually the defence is about equal.

This is what I meant.

You are talking as if comparing the both strikers is like comparing Torres to Messi. You also do the same with Fabregas and Silva.

Also, you are disregarding from a factor in your reasoning. The factor of enviroment (players/manager) and also tactics. What I mean by this that if you would put Messi in Stoke, he obviousley wouldnt produce close to what he is now, for obvious reasons. If you would also swap Mourinho with another manager, and/or drasticly change the tactics we are implementing at the moment, that would also affect the players and their performance.

What I want to highlight is that Chelsea have gone through so pretty big changes in the recent time. New GK, new defensive midfield, new striker. I believe that by the end of this season, you will be proven wrong when lifting City (and the players you mention) through the skies.

Man City, Schalke and United already stopped us. By forcing us to drop points in my book.

We stopped ourselfes against them.

I believe, and this was most clear in the United game, that us dropping points had more to do with us than with United. By that I mean we SHOULD and COULD have killed off the game, but for some reason we still have this "score a goal and sit back"-mentality implemented some times. Especially against the bigger teams.

• 2 weeks later...

If you compare the teams with ratings out of 10 (in my opinion):

City: Hart (8), Zabaleta (8.5), Kompany (8.5), Demichelis (6.5), Clichy (6.5), Fernandinho (7.5), Yaya Toure (8.5), Nasri (7.5), Silva (9), Navas (8), Aguero (9.5)

Caballero (5.5), Kolarov (6), Mangala (6), Fernando (6.5), Milner (6.5), Dzeko (7), Jovetic (8).

Overall: 78/110 on the pitch and 123.5/180 squad.

Chelsea: Courtois (9), Ivanovic (8), JT (8.5), Cahill (7.5), Azpilicueta (7.5), Matic (8.5), Fabregas (9), Hazard (9), Oscar (8), Willian (7.5), Costa (9)

Cech (8.5), Luis (7), Zouma (5.5), Ake (5), Ramires (6.5), Schurrle (6.5), Remy (8).

Overall: 81.5/110 on the pitch and 128.5/180 squad.

Think they're pretty fair ratings and essentially it shows we have a stronger squad and stronger starting 11.

Then if you include the most important part of our teams (managers): Mourinho (10), Pellegrini (7) <---- That's the key part here.

first thing first, calculation mistake. city have a 88/100 on their first team if i am not wrong and a 133.5 on their squad.

also, i feel u have massively under-rated city's bench.

Dzeko is atleast an 8. Milner is atleast a 7.5 and nasri 8. Also remy can't possibly be better than dzeko and equal to jovetic.

Also caballero is a very decent gk. Fernando deserves a higher rating too.

i would say something like this

City: Hart (8), Zabaleta (8.5), Kompany (9), Demichelis (6.5), Clichy (6), Fernandinho (7), Yaya Toure (9), Nasri (8), Silva (9), Navas (8), Aguero (9.5)

Caballero (7), Kolarov (7), Mangala (6), Fernando (7.5), Milner (7.5), Dzeko (8), Jovetic (8).

Overall: 88.5/110 on the pitch and 139.5/180 squad.

Chelsea: Courtois (9), Ivanovic (8), JT (8), Cahill (8), Azpilicueta (8), Matic (9), Fabregas (9), Hazard (9), Oscar (8), Willian (7), Costa (9)

Cech (8.5), Luis (7), Zouma (5.5), DD (6), Ramires (7.5), Schurrle (7), Remy (7).

overall : 140.5/180 for squad and 92/110 on the pitch

but agree with what u said overall. the squads are equally good but our manager makes us 10 times better.

Freak results can happen and will, but I stand by what I say, we will take some beating this season if injuries don't come to cripple us.

Cesc and Matic are like rocks in the centre and Costa looks dangerous as fuck up top. Our defence whilst looking shaky at times will get better.

Bring on anyone.

Injuries can very possibly. While the main starting 11 is great and a good bunch of the bench is too, it doesn't take many injuries for the current Chelsea team to look fairly thin. Meanwhile a team like City got pretty much a competent replacement for each and every starting 11 and will probably not have as many matches to play, when they crash out of Europe.

If you meant a single team... Ehm, probably some shit like Sunderland yeah.

first thing first, calculation mistake. city have a 88/100 on their first team if i am not wrong and a 133.5 on their squad.

also, i feel u have massively under-rated city's bench.

Dzeko is atleast an 8. Milner is atleast a 7.5 and nasri 8. Also remy can't possibly be better than dzeko and equal to jovetic.

Also caballero is a very decent gk. Fernando deserves a higher rating too.

i would say something like this

City: Hart (8), Zabaleta (8.5), Kompany (9), Demichelis (6.5), Clichy (6), Fernandinho (7), Yaya Toure (9), Nasri (8), Silva (9), Navas (8), Aguero (9.5)

Caballero (7), Kolarov (7), Mangala (6), Fernando (7.5), Milner (7.5), Dzeko (8), Jovetic (8).

Overall: 88.5/110 on the pitch and 139.5/180 squad.

Chelsea: Courtois (9), Ivanovic (8), JT (8), Cahill (8), Azpilicueta (8), Matic (9), Fabregas (9), Hazard (9), Oscar (8), Willian (7), Costa (9)

Cech (8.5), Luis (7), Zouma (5.5), DD (6), Ramires (7.5), Schurrle (7), Remy (7).

overall : 140.5/180 for squad and 92/110 on the pitch

but agree with what u said overall. the squads are equally good but our manager makes us 10 times better.

Yeah you're right about the calculation mistake, but like you said my statement still stands. Tbh i'd rather have Remy on my bench over Dzeko. He's better to my mind. Maybe not as good as Jovetic though. It's all opinion though, I persoanlly don't think there is any way that Milner is better than Willian, and no way Nasri is a whole point better than him either. Or that Kolarov is as good as Felipe Luis.

At least you got my general meaning behind the whole thing though.