Who will stop us?

It's largely because of the Mourinho factor plus many are knee jerking the awesome form that Costa,Fabregas and the team in general have shown so far. there's no way we have a better squad than man city. As a matter of fact their squad is superior which is why our tag as the huge favourite for the title seem rather illogical and let's not forget that we have always started the season very well only to falter away in the end bar 4 seasons over the last decade or so.

Let's see where we are come March/April.

I disagree.

Not saying City doesnt have a strong team, but putting it like they would be far superior is far from the truth. We have better players in many positions, Costa is better than any of their strikers, so is Thibaout, Hazard. Matic and Yaya are equal, Fabregas is a genious.

You make it sound like Costa and Fabregas are just on a good run or something. They are in the absolute top. Our defense on our best day is better than City's in my opinon.

The only thing I can think of that they have, and we dont, is the consistence of some players on their bench. Some of our players on the bench can very often be very pale (Schurrle, Salah...Schurrle however can be a supersub sometimes). They have better width perhaps.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's largely because of the Mourinho factor plus many are knee jerking the awesome form that Costa,Fabregas and the team in general have shown so far. there's no way we have a better squad than man city. As a matter of fact their squad is superior which is why our tag as the huge favourite for the title seem rather illogical and let's not forget that we have always started the season very well only to falter away in the end bar 4 seasons over the last decade or so.

Let's see where we are come March/April.

I'm questioning that, BIG TIME.

We have the better keeper(s)

We have the better defense

Matic and Yaya kind of a wash since Matic is much better defensively but Yaya is much better going forward.

Fabregas is way better than either Fernandinho or Fernando

Aguero is better than Costa but not by much if you ask me and I'm saying that mainly because Aguero has been doing it in the league for longer.

Silva has more than Oscar going forward but defensively Oscar is much better.

Hazard DESTROYS Nasri.

Willian is better than Navas imo.

Dzeko is better than Remy (I'd rather Remy)

Schurrle and Milner are a wash

Ramires similar to Fernandinho.

I really think we have the measure of them this year.

City might have the better names on paper but it's not doing them a whole lot of good right now, is it? I'm reminded of the immortal words of Andy Gray commentating on FIFA 07 - "The that team looks good on paper, Martin, but the game's played on grass."

I disagree.

Not saying City doesnt have a strong team, but putting it like they would be far superior is far from the truth. We have better players in many positions, Costa is better than any of their strikers, so is Thibaout, Hazard. Matic and Yaya are equal, Fabregas is a genious.

You make it sound like Costa and Fabregas are just on a good run or something. They are in the absolute top. Our defense on our best day is better than City's in my opinon.

The only thing I can think of that they have, and we dont, is the consistence of some players on their bench. Some of our players on the bench can very often be very pale (Schurrle, Salah...Schurrle however can be a supersub sometimes). They have better width perhaps.

Costa better than Aguero? Don't be ridiculous, I agree with the rest. Costa is maybe as good as Aguero but he isn't better.

Costa better than Aguero? Don't be ridiculous, I agree with the rest. Costa is maybe as good as Aguero but he isn't better.

It's not a stretch though, is it? Costa has great hold up play, workrate, he's clinical, average in the air. It just depends on what your team needs, Costa is perfect for Chelsea and fits like a glove.

It's not a stretch though, is it? Costa has great hold up play, workrate, he's clinical, average in the air. It just depends on what your team needs, Costa is perfect for Chelsea and fits like a glove.

Idd it depends on what your team needs, Aguero fits his team perfectly and Costa ours. I'm not saying Costa isn't great but imo he isn't better than Aguero, I'd say they are equally good.

Costa is a better big game player than Aguero, also Aguero is always in a 2 man system to perform.

Aguero hasn't really ever had a season where he's been played as a lone striker so I don't think we can comment on whether he needs a strike partner or not.

If you compare the teams with ratings out of 10 (in my opinion):

City: Hart (8), Zabaleta (8.5), Kompany (8.5), Demichelis (6.5), Clichy (6.5), Fernandinho (7.5), Yaya Toure (8.5), Nasri (7.5), Silva (9), Navas (8), Aguero (9.5)

Caballero (5.5), Kolarov (6), Mangala (6), Fernando (6.5), Milner (6.5), Dzeko (7), Jovetic (8).

Overall: 78/110 on the pitch and 123.5/180 squad.

Chelsea: Courtois (9), Ivanovic (8), JT (8.5), Cahill (7.5), Azpilicueta (7.5), Matic (8.5), Fabregas (9), Hazard (9), Oscar (8), Willian (7.5), Costa (9)

Cech (8.5), Luis (7), Zouma (5.5), Ake (5), Ramires (6.5), Schurrle (6.5), Remy (8).

Overall: 81.5/110 on the pitch and 128.5/180 squad.

Think they're pretty fair ratings and essentially it shows we have a stronger squad and stronger starting 11.

Then if you include the most important part of our teams (managers): Mourinho (10), Pellegrini (7) <---- That's the key part here.

Dzeko a 7? Dzeko gets at least 15+ goals per season and is very important in City's two striker system, should be at least an 8. Also Kompany is better than JT, amazing defender.

Kompany is not better than JT.

Dzeko is nothing special. He's good, but incredibly inconsistent.

Kompany is not better than JT.

Dzeko is nothing special. He's good, but incredibly inconsistent.

He plays nearly every game for Bosnia and City, scores a lot of goals and plays a big part in the two man striker system in City which helps aguero perform, pretty sure he is consistent. JT better than Kompany? That's just being biased, or maybe single minded, Kompany is world class, he is better on the ball, faster, stronger than JT and is a great tackler and leader, the only reason JT looks as good as him is because JT is protected like a baby in this team; we have a deep back 4 with the two best defensive full backs in the country and park the bus in a lot of big games, no wonder he never shows his age.

He plays nearly every game for Bosnia and City, scores a lot of goals and plays a big part in the two man striker system in City which helps aguero perform, pretty sure he is consistent. JT better than Kompany? That's just being biased, or maybe single minded, Kompany is world class, he is better on the ball, faster, stronger than JT and is a great tackler and leader, the only reason JT looks as good as him is because JT is protected like a baby in this team; we have a deep back 4 with the two best defensive full backs in the country and park the bus in a lot of big games, no wonder he never shows his age.

I just don't think Dzeko is all that. Maybe on Remy's level. Or just above. JT doesn't make silly mistakes Kompany does and is also an amazing leader and lays his body on the line on every play. JT is the best CB in England.

I disagree.

No we don't and the costa statement is blasphemous. I'm willing to bet you any amount that no neutral observer, non chelsea fan would rate or take Costa over Aguero. from a logical standpoint, the Argentine has superior football technique (it's not even up for debate) He has a superior goals to game ratio over the past 5 seasons and that's depsite being extremely injury prone, He's proven himself beyond any shadow of a doubt in this league and has scored exactly the same goals in the league this seaosn as Costa in less minute so what are you basing your argument on?

There's no way Yaya and Matic are equal, nevermind that they are different type of player who play different roles for their team, Yaya had one of the greatest seasons by any player in the legues' history last season and has been hugely influential in all of City's trophy since the takeover. don't let his form so far this season cloud your judgement.

Fabregas is a genuis granted but so is silva and as a matter of fact apart from passing (long range in particular) Silva trumps him in every other department bar vision which is about equal.

And individually the defence is about equal.

Aguero, Toure, Kompany and SIlva were in another level when compared with our players last season. We have Hazard that in some time will be as good or better than them, we have now Costa that is comparable with Aguero (for me Aguero is better), we have now Fabregas that is a world class player.

They have more World class players in th team and more options, I would say they are a little better than us but they are going to be in big problems because many of their players are in the end of their best moment.

Between Kompany and Terry there is no posible doubt, today Kompany is a lot better. We need one or two more really good players to be the best team in the country, but we are by far the team with best potential.

About this question... One day we will lose, and that's normal. It can be Liverpool or Sunderland, or any other.