Which Players Do You Regret Chelsea Selling?

the wes

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Lukaku, I don't think I'll ever regret us selling him.

KbD I wish had stayed, but he was only ever going to be a wide player under Mourinho at best, and if he'd have stayed then we'd probably have gotten rid of Oscar.

I too think that if KbD had stayed, he could have replaced Oscar.

But why do you think we won't regret selling Lukaku? I think when Drogba retires at the end of this season, eventually, we're going to need a striker from the bench. Remy isn't himself enough, he could only be 3rd under the 2nd player we need to buy.

• 3 weeks later...

From emotional level there are quite a few, from Ballack, Luiz, Lampard, Carvalho, etc.

From pure footballing level its only Robben. He is one of best players last 5 years and we dont have true RW.

It has to be biggest loss because he would fit us like a glove. He isnt as injury prone anymore, he has speed, long range threat and hard worker.

While we had many other benefits from sales of Luiz,Mata etc (money), Lamps, Ballack, carvalho (age), Robben become too good for just 30m we got. I can only imagine how much more could we win if we had him here.

Im sure he is only player we seriously regret selling. It makes it even worse because we still dont have proper RW (Cuadrado hopefuly).

• 6 months later...

As a young boy when we sold Osgood and Hudson that was a real choker likewise Ray Wilkins but we had no choice with Wilkins we were totally skint then. Recently it has to be De Bruyne he's going to be a world class player and when you sell him and a year later buy Cuadrado !. Well we've been praised for our recent transfer dealings but those two deals are just baffling. I think Mourinho threw the baby out with the bath water where De Bruyne was concerned.

I count myself blessed to have watched Zola, He was and is my fave ever player to wear a Chelsea shirt. It was a sad day when he left us but he went out with pure class. The last game of the season putting Carragher on his arse twice. The lad was amazing.