Chelsea v QPR

Jase

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate them, I must admit qpr is actually in a pretty decent form now. It all started from that game against the Scousers, and then they beat Villa comfortably. I wouldn't take this game lightly, however, Costa against Rio will be something to remember.

Just checked the stats - Under Mourinho, we have actually lost the first league game in November in three of the four seasons (excluding 07/08). Our only win was back in the 2004/05 season against Everton. Since then, we have lost to Man United, Tottenham and Newcastle but it should be pointed out that those 3 matches were all away from home.

Overall, our first league game record in November for the past 10 seasons reads (earliest to latest) - WLLDW WLWDL

The problem with november is that the weather changes and usually our brazillian and spanish imports get a culture shock, also the weather makes for difficult pitches . Luckily we experienced this blip last year and Jose will be out to rectify it. No co-incidence that Costa and Ramires has been rested until now. It time to go Beast Mode you fucking blues. I can imagine the FIRE burning in both their bellies. We have def missed Ramires combative midfield style add that to the aggression of Costa and i am actually proud we got 4 points away to palace and Man u.

P.S Mikel better watch his back bcoz ake is coming

Greetings oh nearest & dearest. Well, not 'dearest' anymore.....(let's all laugh at Scousers)

If I was to say I'm really 'looking forward' to this I'd be lying. I'm dreading it, the revenge aspect cannot be overstated. This could well be a serious spanking, based on our creaking central defence (lack of pace specifically) & your obvious quality and overall form. But when so little is expected then at least the build-up can be savoured!

With both teams' more current form it's possible this could be a bit of a battle. But when did form ever matter in derby games? We have a habit of being either the whipping boys for a new signing at another club, or else the return of a star player from absence. I hate clichées and predictability so that would be my most prominent fear as regards who might make this potential battle more of a routine result for Chelsea.

The other major factor is JM. He loves anything that brings a bit extra to a game. So local rivalry, revenge factor, 'Arry (finally off his rocking chair) on the sideline etc will be right up his street. He will relish this.

On another note, you lot must be sadly bereft seeing poor old Foolham languishing so lowly in The Championship. With ourselves looking likely to join them (if they aren't in League 1) next season, will you be praying for Brentford to go up, for some local spice? :clown:

Usually I would share this sentiment however I just can't see it this time. QPR are woeful, seriously woeful. Spurs who have been crap all season smashed these 4-0, West Ham saw them off without breaking sweat. Not to mention Mous record against Arry.

It would take a performance out of the AVB book or some ridiculous bad luck to drop points here, they are really really bad.

The only minor worry for me is Vargas, keep him in check and this should be a breeze.

You never know. They played well against Villa and they're oozing of confidence after that win. Though you can't really tell how well they played because Villa were just dreadful! We could have someone sent off early on or concede a 90 mins equalizer. November works in mysterious ways... :P