Foreign Refs

thekid9

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's that. Maybe you wouldn't check for every decision but at least the most important ones, like penalties. How does it work in Rugby?

When the referee (whom is paid around $10,000 p/match) is unsure they refer to the video referee to make a decision. It's pathetic that the referee and his assistant can't make calls that refs were making a hundred years prior to the installation of the video-referee. Spineless swine.

NO NO NO NO NO NO

I have watched Australian Rugby League destroyed by video refereeing. It stops the game, slows it, takes the energy out of it. Even video referees don't do it right. For instance I watched a semi-final match between East-Sydney and South-Sydney and the referee was making some questionable calls and dragging out the decisions for simple trys. The video-referee analyed an East-Sydney try at least ten times before giving it but only analysed a South-Sydney try twice before giving it. Here is the kicker several plays before the South-Sydney try there were several rules broken that weren't looked at or analysed.

Not for every decision but important ones like penalties and significant offside calls.

It's time to bring in technology into the game and not silly things like the fucking vanishing sprays.

We used to have foreign refs in the sixties.

There are some epic stories.

There is also a film somewhere with Jack Taylor refereeing a match between Iranian teams and talking down to unruly players. They used high sensitivity directional microphones so what he was saying could be heard on tv.

But I don't think that answers anything.

The solution to the problem of bad refereeing is video refereeing, with definite rules as regards the extent to which it will function.

NO NO NO NO NO NO

I have watched Australian Rugby League destroyed by video refereeing. It stops the game, slows it, takes the energy out of it. Even video referees don't do it right. For instance I watched a semi-final match between East-Sydney and South-Sydney and the referee was making some questionable calls and dragging out the decisions for simple trys. The video-referee analyed an East-Sydney try at least ten times before giving it but only analysed a South-Sydney try twice before giving it. Here is the kicker several plays before the South-Sydney try there were several rules broken that weren't looked at or analysed.

Yeah I think it will be a disaster unless use in a minimalist way.

Like these two options:

1. Just have the 4th ref look the game through the video and communicate to the linesman via their headpiece if something is grossly wrong.

or

2. Do what Blatter said and have a challenge system.

However I'm against having too many challenges as that will kill the game.

If you get only 1, I repeat only ONE then it might do more good then harm.

We can survive with a little time of as we saw in the WC with "water breaks"