Shrewsbury Town v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only just turned my attention to this game and I am surprised to see Shrewsbury no longer play at Gay Meadow. When I saw New Meadow I thought they had simply rebranded the old stadium with a new name but no! They have a new ground. Well I never. Bit of a throw back going to places like Shrewsbury. Will I need my passport and jabs or are the 'Welsh' house trained now?

I reckon that no more than 2 youth players will start, namely Ake and Zouma, in addition to a couple of fringe players in Salah and Mikel. I think the suspensions at the back will mean that both JT and Cahill start. Brown, Solanke and Baker likely to be on the bench.

I reckon that no more than 2 youth players will start, namely Ake and Zouma, in addition to a couple of fringe players in Salah and Mikel. I think the suspensions at the back will mean that both JT and Cahill start. Brown, Solanke and Baker likely to be on the bench.

i 100% agree mate

Absolutely fucking gutted I didn't get tickets to this one.

People have to realise this is the biggest game in Shrewsbury's recent history - playing a group of 20 year olds is a recipe for disaster.

Do we have an option?

Iva and azpi are suspended. JT SHOULD be rested for Cup games no matter what since we have bigger things to play for. Cesc should be rested as should hazard and oscar and willian who have played cobtinoualy for club and country. If costa and remy are still injured, playing solanke is better than playing a 36 year old DD his 3rd game in 7 days. Even the best team that we can put forth is

Cech

Zouna GC ake luis

Matic mikel rambo

Salah solanke Schurrle

I wouldn't mind seeing that team either, albeit that I would prefer Cahill in for Christensen to add a bit of authority at the back.

I know, doubt José will start such a young cb pair anyway. But it would be good to see Christensen get some minutes atleast.