• Mikel
    • Oscar
    • Salah
    • Drogba
    • Schurrle
    • Willian (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Average performance against Shrewsbury really. That being said, they gave their all but never really felt threatened. No one played well but when you have a 36-year-old, who played 180 minutes in 3 days, doing slightly better than the others, then I think that speaks volume about the rest.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho said he was disappointed by certain performers and knew his team to face Queens Park Rangers at the weekend, adding: If players that played 90 minutes two days ago were fantastic, I expect people who are not playing a lot to raise the level to create me problems.

I love problems of choices, and it is easy to choose my team for Saturday.

Asked specifically if Salah and Schurrle had disappointed him, Mourinho replied: Yes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811737/Jose-Mourinho-hails-Chelsea-s-fringe-stars-narrow-2-1-win.html#ixzz3HUOlnBGA

wow. Wonder if Oscar disappointed him too

I'm sorry Salah but when you get your chance in this team it has to be better than that, that was fucking shit last night.

Schurrle wasn't too far behind either, he is beginning to worry me.

Salah was a hell of a lot better than Schurrle. He was making runs and beating players his end product on the other hand was awful granted. Schurrle done absolutely nothing of any substance all game.

Salah was a hell of a lot better than Schurrle. He was making runs and beating players his end product on the other hand was awful granted. Schurrle done absolutely nothing of any substance all game.

Salah has the heart of pea. I was screaming at the TV 'Get at them' and time and time again he slowed down his run and checked back inside…….not good enough.

I'm not getting into a debate on who was better etc as it's all opinion, the fact remains that these two, who should be ready and raring to go were nothing short of shite.

Why all of the Salah hate? I thought he gave his all for sure, the ball was greasy, the pitch was slippery (Hah, his left hand kick was quite funny) but he tried his best and the rest of the midfield weren't exactly outshining him all night either. He needs more confidence on the ball, but he is most definitely worthy of our subs' bench, at the very least.

Don't forget he has the whole season to improve.

However, I don't understand why Baker wasn't played last night If we're not careful he'll drop his Chelsea dream and fuck off somewhere that will give him more game time. Ake and Zouma were excellent, though. Who was that new lad, Christensen? He looked great last night, definitely rising star material. Mikel...Let's not go there :P

MOTM, however, it must be Drogba. Striking and tackling like it's 04/05 all over again!

Although, if Matic had been on for longer, would have definitely picked him as MOTM - the team instantly got much, much better when he came on.

Why all of the Salah hate? I thought he gave his all for sure, the ball was greasy, the pitch was slippery (Hah, his left hand kick was quite funny) but he tried his best and the rest of the midfield weren't exactly outshining him all night either. He needs more confidence on the ball, but he is most definitely worthy of our subs' bench, at the very least.

Don't forget he has the whole season to improve.

However, I don't understand why Baker wasn't played last night If we're not careful he'll drop his Chelsea dream and fuck off somewhere that will give him more game time. Ake and Zouma were excellent, though. Who was that new lad, Christensen? He looked great last night, definitely rising star material. Mikel...Let's not go there :P

MOTM, however, it must be Drogba. Striking and tackling like it's 04/05 all over again!

Although, if Matic had been on for longer, would have definitely picked him as MOTM - the team instantly got much, much better when he came on.

The word hate isn't right in the context you use it. It's not hate it's levelled and fair criticism.

I like Salah but right now I really am not sure which direction he is heading.

The word hate isn't right in the context you use it. It's not hate it's levelled and fair criticism.

I like Salah but right now I really am not sure which direction he is heading.

To quote one post in here:

"Salah and Schurrle played shit" is not constructive.

Oy lads.

Didn't have the change of seeing this match yesterday, but what I can read from here, and the newspapers, Schürrle and Salah were crap? These are games (especially Salah) they have to show themselves. It seems as if Salah is moving more and more away from the first team, and will we see a sale in the winter or summer window? Schürrle is still a vital part of the team, even though he is playing some shit matches, he will redeem himself.

And what about Christensen? He is receiving a lot of praise in the Danish newspapers, and as a Dane I am absolutely delighted to see this :)

wow. Wonder if Oscar disappointed him too

Doesn't seem like it.

Mourinho: ‘The message I want is the message Didier, Filipe, Oscar and Cahill gave: doing something that they shouldn’t be allowed to do, but they did, which is play two football matches in 48 hours. They were fantastic.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/10/final-whistle-verdict--leading-by-example.html

To quote one post in here:

"Salah and Schurrle played shit" is not constructive.

He didn't say constructive he said levelled and fair. There's a big difference.

Both were awful last night. Levelled and fair. Not constructive and not claiming to be.

Was severely dissapointed by some of the performances yesterday. We are lucky none of our starting AM's are injury prone else we would be in trouble. This squad doesn't need much upgrading but perhaps it's wise to add some new blood (players with potential) to give our current starters competition for their places.

Gotta hand it too Drogba though, class is permanent.

Guys, it's the league cup, only thing that matters here is the result and the fact that we did it in 90 minutes. These matches are never any good, regardless of who plays, so don't expect anything from it. Unfair to judge players like Salah & Schürrle on a performance in a night like this. It's Kevin De Bruyne all over again. Either you give these guys a decent shot, by letting them play consecutive matches with importance (EPL, Champions League) or you don't pretend them to be anything more but back-ups, and then don't expect exceptional displays from them.

Yeah, class is permanent. Drogs motm, other than that it was a good football game for a Tuesday night. Glad they gave Chelsea a good fight, they are a decent side Schrewsbury. Schurrle and Salah meeeh, they will have to wait until the next Capital One fixture to start another game I guess.