• Mikel
    • Oscar
    • Salah
    • Drogba
    • Schurrle
    • Willian (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Meh, It's just the league cup. It's basically just a chance to give a couple of youngsters false hope that they could make it here! :P

Very hard to motivate players for these kind of games and keep them concentrated.

If you had been to a League Cup final you wouldn't say that .. Even the MEMBERS cup was good

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprising. In a league cup match against Shrewsburry, the senior players are either completely nonchalant or very selfish because they are desperate to score to get into the starting XI in the games that matter. Whereas the youngsters see this as one of their biggest games of the season!

I like the league cup, and I really hope we win it, but it's just not important for the players.

Its not Important for some players. After watching Salah today many are wondering why we even bought him? Moses has more than he does for sure.

If you had been to a League Cup final you wouldn't say that .. Even the MEMBERS cup was good

Like I said, I genuinely really like the League Cup and I want us to win it every year. I think the fact that you can win it in February can really give you a much needed boost for the rest of the season. But the general consensus does not seem to agree with me and so the players always seem to be lacking motivation and concentration in it, especially against lower league teams. That has always been the case for us in this competition, at least for the past few years.

Like I said, I genuinely really like the League Cup and I want us to win it every year. I think the fact that you can win it in February can really give you a much needed boost for the rest of the season. But the general consensus does not seem to agree with me and so the players always seem to be lacking motivation and concentration in it, especially against lower league teams. That has always been the case for us in this competition, at least for the past few years.

when fans travel midweek to support them .. THAT should be enough EXTRA motivation for players earning over £50000 a week .

Its not Important for some players. After watching Salah today many are wondering why we even bought him? Moses has more than he does for sure.

Weird, I read some saying he was our best player tonight. Even weirder those were the same people moaning about him during the match!

when fans travel midweek to support them .. THAT should be enough EXTRA motivation for players earning over £50000 a week .

I agree. But that type of players is an endangered species nowadays. Not many JTs, Drogbas and Cechs left in football.

Weird, I read some saying he was our best player tonight. Even weirder those were the same people moaning about him during the match!

Nah... Our best player tonight isn't so easy to award. No one was anywhere near a standout player... Didier was MotM because he scored but no one asserted themselves and made a positive impact.

Salah ran a lot and got in good areas but he was wasteful and couldn't hit the ocean.

Didier Drogba, ladies and gentlemen.

36 years old, playing twice in three days, playing against a League Two side, sprinting in 92nd minute like he's 20, tackling, helping his defence, scoring...

Didier fucking Drogba, what a man, what a legend!

Shame on all of you who said a single bad word for him. Well done sir Didier!

No one said a bad word against him, there were concerns about whether the return would have worked, which were valid.

Mourinho said he was disappointed by certain performers and knew his team to face Queens Park Rangers at the weekend, adding: ‘If players that played 90 minutes two days ago were fantastic, I expect people who are not playing a lot to raise the level to create me problems.

‘I love problems of choices, and it is easy to choose my team for Saturday.’

Asked specifically if Salah and Schurrle had disappointed him, Mourinho replied: ‘Yes.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811737/Jose-Mourinho-hails-Chelsea-s-fringe-stars-narrow-2-1-win.html#ixzz3HUOlnBGA

I'm Egyptian so naturally I'm not gonna be that neutral I'll try though, Salah has potential and tremendous talent you can check out his montages and see for yourself but he lacks confidence and to be honest he doesn't deserve to play in the starting line-up in any match. Sometimes I sense a great player with a feint or a sprint then he does a shameful action that even embarrasses me as I'm watching.

But Chelsea is quite a burden not everybody can endure that kind of pressure of playing for a top-class team even if you have more talent than some players they will surpass you if they're blessed with more confidence that's just how life works.

I hope he can pull it through and start performing without fear. If he keeps a fluctuating performance like today he won't be of any use for any big team.