Christian Eriksen

Chelsea considering mega-money swoop for Ajax ace

Eriksen_CFC.jpg

Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Christian Eriksen and will send a scout to this summer's European Under-21 Championship to check his progress.

The Ajax midfielder was the name on everyone's lips after England's friendly with Denmark back in February as he ran the show against Fabio Capello's men.

Eriksen is seen as the hottest prospect in the Eredivisie and would cost a fortune this summer as his contract runs until 2014.

Money, however, is no object at Stamford Bridge and Guus Hiddink - who is expected to move to Chelsea in some capacity this summer - is said to be keen on a string of young stars, of which Eriksen is one.

The 19-year-old was wanted by Liverpool

earlier in the season but Ajax were unwilling to do business. But now Chelsea have joined the chase, the Dutch club are mindful they could fetch a huge sum if they choose to cash in on him this close season.

Source: talksport

I hope that's true

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eriksen is a Left Winger right? I mean LM/LWM? If so, if Guus comes, and gets the potential targets means - 4 dutch players or atleast 3 - VDW, PVA, Sneijder/Eriksen

CAM.

He is still a teenager, hopefully he is still in his 'rebellious phase' and joins Chelsea just to spite his father.

lol.gif Good one. I hope you are right, but tbh I don't trust the board. They will find a way to ship him to HSV wateva.gif

Meh. I am watching first half of European U21s v Belarus and he's done nothing really except from score an easy goal that even Heskey could score lol. Saying that, I'm only judging on 1 half of a game (so far) lol.

Eriksen is far too young at the moment to join us. He needs more years to improve at Ajax, If he came to us now, he would only be a bit-part player, and it would ruin his development!!

and then we end up paying a lot more for him..i know what you saying but sometimes it`s wise to plan ahead and buy players who aren`t quite ready but have lots of potential,rather than get involved in a huge bidding war in a couple of years time. i`m not gonna speculate on how often a player may play when we currently have no manager.

we could always sign him now,give him till january window to see how ready he is and if he`s not then loan him out during that window.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You