Dominic Solanke

Fulham Broadway

Great for him and good luck to him.

Reading the article, I doubt he'll be in the first team next season. Strikers have to be the hardest to promote. He'll be 18 by then, no first team football experience. That's not happening under Mourinho. And he's bit on the small side for a 'Mourinho striker'.

Reading the article, I doubt he'll be in the first team next season. Strikers have to be the hardest to promote. He'll be 18 by then, no first team football experience. That's not happening under Mourinho. And he's bit on the small side for a 'Mourinho striker'.

how big is he?He looks like he is 185 cm when he is standing next to Rooney.

Milito was 183 cm,so I do not think that Mourinho is that obsessed with height,when it comes to strikers.Yes,when we talk about defenders,he wants to have big,strong guys and this is a criteria,which I can understand.

That's the first time I've heard of a situation like this. Training with national team but not actually being selected, a youth player as well. Any idea why?

Happens regularly, actually. I remember we had someone else training with the NT earlier this season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/566019/England-injury-update-Dominic-Solanke

Apparently, he's there to make up the numbers.

IIRC he's actually taller than Costa and Remy. Plus he's pretty well built already. He's actually the complete striker in the making - doesn't lack anything physically or technically.

Milito was 183 cm,so I do not think that Mourinho is that obsessed with height,when it comes to strikers.Yes,when we talk about defenders,he wants to have big,strong guys and this is a criteria,which I can understand.

Carvalho was like 183 cm or even shorter. But I think 183 cm is like minimum requirement.

Solanke is big enough. Actually his physical presence since the young age may prove pivotal if Mourinho wants to promote him. Every youth player he introduced was big, everyone like 6'2" tall.

I think that Dominic will be in the senior football next season though rather somewhere on loan. U21 football isn't a challenge now.

I read he was was 1.80. Maybe you're right though. I'm not so sure about Mourinho not caring about height. Unless you have a very good leap, contesting for long balls and such.

Though I was actually referring to his built. Very slender from what I've seen. Benzema and Milito are both deceptively strong and Higuain was no pushover. Adebayor of all people joined Real to add some height and power.

Happens regularly, actually. I remember we had someone else training with the NT earlier this season.

I did not know that. You never stop learning.

IIRC he's actually taller than Costa and Remy. Plus he's pretty well built already. He's actually the complete striker in the making - doesn't lack anything physically or technically.

Taller than Costa and Remy, that 1.80 I read was way off then. He seemed very slender in the pics I saw though. But I'll take your word.

To be fair, about his technique I still can't decide. Last season he seemed really polished with all around game though that was mainly in U18. However this season there are matches when he looks nothing more than poacher. Maybe it's a bit complacency with that everything goes so easily for him but I'd say that his technique is hit and miss. We'll see how it will look like in the senior football.

His coach (I think that was Adi Viveash) described him as a number 9,5 who can play comfortably as a number 9 and as a number 10 so they regard him in the Academy as a player with high technical abilities.

How big is Solanke?According to "transfermarkt.de",he is 182 cm,but he seems bigger.

26F2013400000578-0-image-m-2_14271978305

Rooney is 1,76 cm,but Solanke is much bigger than him.I do not think that he is just 6 cm bigger than him.He looks like 1,85 cm

I did not know that. You never stop learning.

Also, remember THAT video with Harry Redknapp defending Frank? Somewhere towards someone sitting next to Harry talks about how from all the youngsters that have trained with the NT that year that Frank and Rio were the outstanding talents. And that was in 96. So it must be something that has been done regularly by the NT for a long time. Very good experience for the young lads, imo.

To be fair, about his technique I still can't decide. Last season he seemed really polished with all around game though that was mainly in U18. However this season there are matches when he looks nothing more than poacher. Maybe it's a bit complacency with that everything goes so easily for him but I'd say that his technique is hit and miss. We'll see how it will look like in the senior football.

His coach (I think that was Adi Viveash) described him as a number 9,5 who can play comfortably as a number 9 and as a number 10 so they regard him in the Academy as a player with high technical abilities.

He can be a bit sloppy sometimes but the underlying technical ability is definitely there. Hes a great dribbler, has a good touch and an eye to produce the right pass and obviously has great technique when it comes to finishing. He's not Ibra level technical but I'd say he's close to someone like Aguero I suppose.

He's actually my favourite youth prospect because if he brings everything together he has all the possibilities to be one of the most complete strikers out there. Very exciting talent.

Taller than Costa and Remy, that 1.80 I read was way off then. He seemed very slender in the pics I saw though. But I'll take your word.

Don't forget the kid is 18, so he's still growing. He looks a lot taller than 1.80.