Combined Real Madrid/Chelsea XI

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality wise though, it's hard to make an argument for Willian over Bale. It almost seems like an aberration, even with the balance taken into consideration.

Yes, but do you need the added quality? You've already got a squad consisting of Hazard, Kroos, Ramos, Ronaldo, Costa, Fabregas etc.

You put what you need as a team before individual players

Purely based on individuality:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Pepe - Terry - Luis

Bale - Fab/Modric/Kroos - Matic - Hazard

Costa - Ronaldo

It's really hard to pick between Cesc, Modric and Kroos. They're all brilliant players in their own right, offering different qualities. It's all about what you're looking for. And I know, technically it's a different system, but positions change constantly at this level. A team's shape changes constantly so it's not too important.

Now, based on a system:

Courtois

Azpi - Pepe - Varane - Luis

Bale - Modric - Matic - Hazard

Costa - Ronaldo

Terry is a better CB than Varane but you can't play a high line with Terry. Ramos and Pepe together is a bit too crazy and unpredictable. Pepe over Ramos because he's the better defender (of course Ramos has more personality, is far better on the ball and is far more dangerous at set-pieces). And you have to love Varane's calm presence and clean defending.

Went with Modric because of his physical attributes (pace, energy, agility, sharpness) and he's the strongest option defensively. His abillity to dribble from the back - anywhere actually - and his great ability to play and keep the ball under pressure makes him a fantastic asset to any team.

Benzema has a great connection with Cris and his playmaking abilities are great, but no team can deal with Costa and Ronaldo's power, movement, dynamism, aggression and clinical finishing.

EDIT: Just noticed I put Ivanovic instead of Azpi. Overall, I'd pick Ivanovic over Azpi (their quality doesn't differ much though) but in this system, Azpi is my choice because of his superior speed and 1-on-1 defending.

Yes, but do you need the added quality? You've already got a squad consisting of Hazard, Kroos, Ramos, Ronaldo, Costa, Fabregas etc.

You put what you need as a team before individual players

What about from individual player perspective? It's mostly best XI not balance.

Thibo

Caravalj-Varane-ramos-marcelo

Matic-Modric-

Bale-james-cr7

Benzema

RONALDO DOESNT PLAY CF AND CANT PLAY CF...

James and oscar is a toss up in the middle as is rambo and matic...

Cristiano will be a CF in the next years. Cristiano played in 2 F system for many time, and played with Mourinho has a CF against Barcelona with results. THe thing is... he plays better as a winger because he has more space... But he can perfectly play as a ST, and will do it for sure when he looses the pace he has.

Cristiano in the ST position would be today also the best ST in the world.

About this question...

Hazard, Courtois and COsta would play in Madrid (Hazard not in the wing because Cristiano and Bale are better), Ivanovic can play mainly because the RB of Madrid are not world classe... all the rest would have a lot of problems to be in the stariting eleven.

Madrid has a super team.

You actually think that, right now, Messi is better than Ronaldo?

We'll just end this discussion here.

And what do you base that off of, Alex? I don't see much difference in performance levels between the two players this season and IMO, Messi has a greater chance of making the decisive impact in the Clasico than Ronaldo has.

And what do you base that off of, Alex? I don't see much difference in performance levels between the two players this season and IMO, Messi has a greater chance of making the decisive impact in the Clasico than Ronaldo has.

Their performances. Since he was out with injury Messi has been a fantastic player but in my honest opinion well off his best. Ronaldo has just continued to grow. Ultimately the two of them are judged on the amount of special things they can do in a match, whether that is a piece of individual brilliance or putting the ball in the net. Ronaldo delivers more often. Messi is slowly finding his feet again but right now there's no comparison in my eyes, Ronaldo - right now - is the superior choice.

Their performances. Since he was out with injury Messi has been a fantastic player but in my honest opinion well off his best. Ronaldo has just continued to grow. Ultimately the two of them are judged on the amount of special things they can do in a match, whether that is a piece of individual brilliance or putting the ball in the net. Ronaldo delivers more often. Messi is slowly finding his feet again but right now there's no comparison in my eyes, Ronaldo - right now - is the superior choice.

If you're basing this off of last season's performances, then I'll have to agree but Messi has been in incredible form this season and not just "slowly finding his feet" but bang right out the gates. He's scoring goals and creating chances for his team left, right and centre. Ronaldo's goal-scoring is more eye-catching and defies words but he's not the creative force Messi has been.

Ronaldo perhaps shades it because his side have faced better teams in La Liga this season than Barcelona but not by that much at all.

If you're basing this off of last season's performances, then I'll have to agree but Messi has been in incredible form this season and not just "slowly finding his feet" but bang right out the gates. He's scoring goals and creating chances for his team left, right and centre. Ronaldo's goal-scoring is more eye-catching and defies words but he's not the creative force Messi has been.

Ronaldo perhaps shades it because his side have faced better teams in La Liga this season than Barcelona but not by that much at all.

Actually, looking at Ronaldo's scoring record, it's actually better than I thought, ffs. He's already at the 20 goal mark and you can't argue with that. He's definitely better right now and deservedly so but my money is still on Messi to outclass him in the Clasico.

people dont watch madrid games and look base on stats...

cr7 la liga stats...

15 goals

4pks

on 49 shots.

Take away the 4 pks, he has 11 goals on 45 shots...

Neymar. 8 goals on 22 shots and not the key to the offense...

cr7 is exactly like lampard. Players that take all the free kicks and stat pads, so fans think they are the best...

Maybe you guys dont know but barcelona hasnt let in a goal this whole season with a backline that consist of alba, alves, masherano, mathieu, barthra and pique....With a new goalkeeper...

When your manager and your club president wants you to be the center of everything and gives you complete freedom to do anything, your going to score a ton of goals...

Neymar will beat both messi and cr7 goalrecord in a few years.. When barcelona revolves around neymar and he is given first option status on pk, fks, and generall offense, there is no way he doesnt and the fact he is the king of Nike will only help..

Both Messi and cr7 are second strikers, except Messi role this season has changed quite a bit with luis enrique.. He plays a lot deeper and plays more as a playmaker role, which is why he has so many assists already which are primarily from open play.

But than again, you guys dont watch games and give stats instead.