Combined Real Madrid/Chelsea XI

He might be down as "left winger" on your copy of FIFA but if you assess his heat maps and his average touch positions during his time at Madrid, he effectively operates as an inside forward - effectively as a second striker behind Benzema. Madrid have such dynamism in their attack that no-one has a fixed position.

To say that the best footballer on the planet "can't" play as a central forward is just ridiculous. He hasn't been an out-and-out winger since he left United.

To be fair, he's (probably) talking about playing as a striker. And that role doesn't suit him. He thrives in his role because there's always a striker keeping the centre-backs busy. And his hold-up play isn't strong.

This season he's been playing alongside Benzema in a free role and it's an even better fit. But a role as a lone striker.. He'd be playing that role a long time ago if he was truly capable.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-3 players would get on real i think and 1 player would get on barca, but I dont think anyone on chelsea would start on bayern.

Essentially why I think munich is overall the best squad in the world (when healthy).

I see Pepe is getting underestimated a little here. He's a first grade c*** and a highly detestable human, but he's a top class CB. I think he's better than Varane at the moment even though the latter has more potential and is THE outstanding young CB talent in European football. I still want to see more from Varane.

2-3 players would get on real i think and 1 player would get on barca, but I dont think anyone on chelsea would start on bayern.

Essentially why I think munich is overall the best squad in the world (when healthy).

Judging by your history of comments, I'm not surprised you think this.

Why?

Thibo, matic and maybe felipe luis (but madrid already have fabio and marcelo)...

Who else is there?

Hazard, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Costa.

Coentrao and Marcelo are poor defenders. Coentrao is just an average player while Marcelo is a winger masquerading as a left-back.

Hazard, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Costa.

Coentrao and Marcelo are poor defenders. Coentrao is just an average player while Marcelo is a winger masquerading as a left-back.

I rather have james in the middle. Gives cr7 the free role, while james, bale, modric and matic smash everyone...

Cant have both cr7 and hazard in the free role...

Marcelo is a winger playin lb, but he and cr7 play really well together on the left flank.

People really forget how good coentrao is because hes behind marcelo..

Ivan maybe, but like arbeloa, real fans hated him for years and wanted him replace for years, the same would happen to ivan, you know how every fan wanted ivan to be replaced at rb all those times last year for chelsea?

Don't think any of our guys get on Bayern though.

The thing with Madrid is we seem to have many top class players in places they're not so strong. Bayern are a little, shall we say, different. They play a completely different formation(s) and system(s) to us and are strong in our strong areas as well, unlike Madrid.

Lewa for Costa is a toss up, same with Alaba for Filipe Luis. I'll have Hazard in the roll Gotze (or Muller, depending on the system, again) plays. And Cesc also. Terry is clearly vastly superior to Dante and is still fairly better than Boateng. That's about it.

So 3, if I'm being pessimistic and 4-5, depending on who I think is better between Lewa/Costa .. Alaba/Luis.

Could argue you would take Hazard over Ribery now. For Barca obviously Courtois, Dave at RB, Cahill/Terry as CB. Real obviously Courtois, Luis over Marcelo for me, maybe Dave over Carvajah as well. Costa over Benzema too but yh not much of our starting 11 will get in their team.