Combined Real Madrid/Chelsea XI

After watching Real easily sweep aside an average Liverpool side with relative ease, what do you guys think a combined Real and Chelsea team will look like? Let it be a 4-2-3-1 for sake of consistency and because it's a system both teams use. Being as objective as possible, mine will be:

1134295_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

The most obvious candidates that miss out are James, Kroos, Modric and Sergio Ramos. Choosing between Fabregas, Kroos and Modric was perhaps the most difficult part, but I figured Fabregas does what both of those players do brilliantly, which is dictate the tempo of a game. Plus, he has an X-factor which they don't which is he is a stats monster, assists wise, a goal threat if given license to be one and his vision is greater than theirs. He just gives more to a team in general.

Feel free to agree, disagree below ;)

EDIT : Stuff like balance should be given less consideration. It's just a fun list.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois

Ivanovic - Pepe - Ramos - Filipe Luis

Matic - Kroos

Willian - Hazard - Ronaldo

Costa

Willian is in over Bale simply because of balance. A midfield of Matic - Kroos would be far too slow.

@MrExcalibur100, sorry. Just noticed this piece was published in the 'Articles' section.

Have to move it here because it doesn't qualify as an article but it's an interesting topic nonetheless to discuss.

Cheers. :)

Thanks, Jason ^_^ . I actually thought I posted it in the Matthew Harding section. :dunno:

Thibo

Caravalj-Varane-ramos-marcelo

Matic-Modric-

Bale-james-cr7

Benzema

RONALDO DOESNT PLAY CF AND CANT PLAY CF...

James and oscar is a toss up in the middle as is rambo and matic...

Ronaldo would be more than capable of playing CF. He doesn't play as a winger as it is.

Oscar=James, toss up.

TBH, dont think anyone on chelsea would get on (taking away real politics) starting 11 besides thibo and matic.

Costa is possible, but I think benzema provides better balance for the team.

Also, depends on what league your playing in..

Thibo

Caravalj-Varane-ramos-marcelo

Matic-Modric-

Bale-james-cr7

Benzema

RONALDO DOESNT PLAY CF AND CANT PLAY CF...

James and oscar is a toss up in the middle as is rambo and matic...

He might be down as "left winger" on your copy of FIFA but if you assess his heat maps and his average touch positions during his time at Madrid, he effectively operates as an inside forward - effectively as a second striker behind Benzema. Madrid have such dynamism in their attack that no-one has a fixed position.

To say that the best footballer on the planet "can't" play as a central forward is just ridiculous. He hasn't been an out-and-out winger since he left United.

He might be down as "left winger" on your copy of FIFA but if you assess his heat maps and his average touch positions during his time at Madrid, he effectively operates as an inside forward - effectively as a second striker behind Benzema. Madrid have such dynamism in their attack that no-one has a fixed position.

To say that the best footballer on the planet "can't" play as a central forward is just ridiculous. He hasn't been an out-and-out winger since he left United.

I dont play fifa.

But your guys thinking of putting cr7 at CF is essentially fifa. RM already tried it and it failed...

Cristiano cant play lead striker, he needs to play inverted winger or second striker..

Portugal boss Paulo Bento has claimed that Cristiano Ronaldo is not comfortable playing the centre-forward role on the back of a failed World Cup campaign.

The 29-year-old could not prevent Paulo Bento's men from getting dumped out at the group stage as Germany and USA progressed ahead of them from Group G.

There had been suggestions that Real Madrid star Ronaldo should have been deployed in the striker role, especially given injuries to Hugo Almeida and Helder Postiga, but Bento has doubts over whether he would have been suitable away from the flank.

"I never thought of Ronaldo as the spearhead, it was not on my mind to put Ronaldo as the only centre-forward since the beginning of the tournament," he told TV1.

"I think it's not the best for his goal tally and for the team. We talked about it, of course. He did not seem to feel comfortable in that position, but it was not necessary for him to tell me that."

I recognize that the center forward position is not what I like but I feel good helping my team." -cr7