Florent Malouda

James

That's just silly...thinking Malouda can control the club and AVB through the club's media outlet...

I think they always use Malouda and Drogba as they're few of the well known foreign players that can actually speak in English. Also, Chelsea TV probably think they're good entertainment value as they can be like jokers in front the camera...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the bashing of Malouda to be frank, he is a player that I like and I'm surprised by the treatment made of him. I must admit that I hate his twin brother who plays in a deck chair and shoot in every position...

But it's impossible not to see his contribution for the Double first of all, and after that because he had to play all the games since the 2009 Autumn. Of course he had to change a bit his way of playing, but Torres did also so at Liverpool because of the amount of games he had to play every weel, month... Malouda's stamina is excellent but he is an human, with so much games played for the last 20 months, it has consequences

Malouda is a versatile player who can have some difficulties to put up with the preparation, but so is Lampard, Drogba or Anelka... He is increasing and his Leverkusen game speaks on his own, he is a player able to play on a flank and in the midfield with the same intelligence and accuracy in the build up of the goals and put impact in the midfield.

I don't really think he deserves the silly selfish player label that everyone wants to stick on his forehead. He is not a money driven rat, he is involved in several humanitarian causes and cares a lot about children in Guyana...

While Malouda has not been at his best for a year i find it quite disturbing the amount of hate he gets.

Yes want him off the team if he is not performing, yes if you think he does not offer as much as more want him sold and yes crisise him if he aint performing but all this hate befounds me. Do you remember Malouda during Hiddink's spell, the double winning season and the start of 10/11, he was fantastic and really something to behold. It's a shame he gets so much hate and while sadly he will probally never make that standard again he has still contributed a lot down the years and i would imagine he can still get about 10 goals this year.

He may not be on form for a place in the team now but i certainly am not going to let one average year cloud over the good things Malouda has given this club.

That's just silly...thinking Malouda can control the club and AVB through the club's media outlet...

I think they always use Malouda and Drogba as they're few of the well known foreign players that can actually speak in English. Also, Chelsea TV probably think they're good entertainment value as they can be like jokers in front the camera...

Agreed, I do think his time is nearing an end but I certainly didn't see anything menacing in his tone. He's got a good personality, seems like a funny guy but nobody should be scared of this so called "PR campaign" it's funny how things like this can get so twisted. He's a great human being, with all his charity work and stuff. Anyways none of this will impact when he will be sold, his performances on the pitch will define that. It's ridiculous to assume otherwise, with Lamps, Terry and Drogba it is so very different. Difficult to describe it but no matter what Malouda does it can't ever be the same. But I agree Armour, he's good for the cameras and can speak English. I for one am not worried about his air-time.

He should be sold, he doesn't like Serbian music! :angry:

:541: He said he'd give it a shot and I think Kalouda haven't got long left. God I really hope we target Hazard, he'd help take us to the next level with his speed and also Neymar or Goetze (yes I know these two are unlikely). Hoping Kakuta and Davilla have succesfull loans too because the both of them can be whatever they want if they fufill their potential. Pato would be as good as Aguero would have been for me, they're two strikers I have been following for years and always dreamt of grabbing one. Any of these acquisitions would definitely spell Kalouda's end. Besides Kalou hasn't even had a breath of first team action for a few games now, he's going no matter what ( I hope).

While Malouda has not been at his best for a year i find it quite disturbing the amount of hate he gets.

Yes want him off the team if he is not performing, yes if you think he does not offer as much as more want him sold and yes crisise him if he aint performing but all this hate befounds me. Do you remember Malouda during Hiddink's spell, the double winning season and the start of 10/11, he was fantastic and really something to behold. It's a shame he gets so much hate and while sadly he will probally never make that standard again he has still contributed a lot down the years and i would imagine he can still get about 10 goals this year.

He may not be on form for a place in the team now but i certainly am not going to let one average year cloud over the good things Malouda has given this club.

Even last season, I don't think he was far from his best ; he was at a different kind of best... Yes of course he was not the conventional winger of the Double but he was more tempted to cut inside and the fact is that he is the player who has by far created the more chances of the Championship. It's not a question of only thinking to improve his own stat sheet but really an important change in his way of playing (imo because of the accumulation of matches) that people truly misunderstand and say that he is selfish and lazy.

I'm French so I used to watch the France's games last season and the contrast between the perfs in club and in selection were striking, he was very good against Blackpool and then he was crap against Bosnia or England I don't remember, and then the next Chelsea game he was at his best. So i'm convinced it was just a matter of change his playing style because of the games accumulation. And who to blame ? Sure, not him, he did just his best to manage to play such a huge number of games whereas nobody did or could replace him

So we should forget his selfish attitude?

His attitude of going for self glory, shooting outside the box when he knows he can't score? Time after time, we see him doing this very thing, when there's other players who are open to a pass. Yes he was very good in the 09/10 campaign.

He's changed since then, he's gone back to the 2007 form we all resented from him. Afaik, he did, what other members have said, a "Joe Cole" & only turned up for 2 seasons.

One average year?

He contributed nothing of note from summer 2007 to the second half of 08-09. Began 09-10 brilliantly and then went missing when it went tits up pre-Christmas, only returning to form during those few weeks when we were scoring 7 every other game. Started 10-11 similarly in good nick and then disappeared, never to return.

That's a cumulative 2 decent seasons out of 4. He only plays well when the entire team is doing well. His attitude stinks, he looks like he can't be arsed to make a positive difference and on top of that he comes out with ridiculous comments in the media.

One average year?

He contributed nothing of note from summer 2007 to the second half of 08-09. Began 09-10 brilliantly and then went missing when it went tits up pre-Christmas, only returning to form during those few weeks when we were scoring 7 every other game. Started 10-11 similarly in good nick and then disappeared, never to return.

That's a cumulative 2 decent seasons out of 4. He only plays well when the entire team is doing well. His attitude stinks, he looks like he can't be arsed to make a positive difference and on top of that he comes out with ridiculous comments in the media.

It's Malouda's fault if Grant did prefer Kalou over Malouda ? Your opinion is not exhaustive, you do not mention the number of games he has to play for almost 2 seasons...

I do not agree, he was a player that contribued to the success of the team, and last season he was as important as the season before even if his play did change. Kalou is a player enjoying the form of the team, not Malouda

This massive change in his play is a piece of evidence that he is smart football player (not an opportunistic) because he did manage to adapt the game rate (due to the absence of real alternative) to a playing style that could allow him to still perform (creating chances last season)

It's Malouda's fault if Grant did prefer Kalou over Malouda ? Your opinion is not exhaustive, you do not mention the number of games he has to play for almost 2 seasons...

2007-08 Stats :

Malouda - Apps : 27 (9), Goals : 3, Asssits : 3

Kalou - Apps : 32 (14), Goals : 9, Assists : 10

Just 5 more starts for Kalou, which is not a big difference.

You can't only mention that kind of overall statistic, if I remember well, they were 2 clear periods where Malouda did disapear from the group (not even coming in) during the winter and the spring. He started every game under José and was used promptly by Grant after that, dropped without reason etc...

Why I would rather keep Malouda than Kalou is simple - when he comes on, things happen. He is a massive goal-threat, even last season when we wasn't playing well he got 14 goals for us.

Alex he is still one of the best pure footballers at this club. He has brilliant technique, he was always going to suffer a dip in form he was sensational beyond belief for a while !

Alex he is still one of the best pure footballers at this club. He has brilliant technique, he was always going to suffer a dip in form he was sensational beyond belief for a while !

And that's where the great shame comes.

He hasn't shown that side of him since early 2010, when we were winning 6-0 regularly.

I'm surprised how people can't see that he just changed his way of playing and has not stopped his career and signed a representation contract with the club... Maybe he is not the 2009-2010 left winger who could humiliate that lot of defenders and sticking to the touchline, but he is equally usefull in the building of the goals, being able to switch the play, creating dangerous situations with his intelligence and vision...His volume of play is phenomenal, in the middle by example and he he is not as stupid as Kalou who would guzzle the space of the left back on the wing and lose the ball with a crap dribble

I'm surprised how people can't see that he just changed his way of playing and has not stopped his career and signed a representation contract with the club... Maybe he is not the 2009-2010 left winger who could humiliate that lot of defenders and sticking to the touchline, but he is equally usefull in the building of the goals, being able to switch the play, creating dangerous situations with his intelligence and vision...His volume of play is phenomenal, in the middle by example and he he is not as stupid as Kalou who would guzzle the space of the left back on the wing and lose the ball with a crap dribble

I strongly disagree about his abilities now.

My opinion is, he's a liability in our squad. He doesn't work as hard any more, he's lazy, he doesn't pass and he tries to shoot from areas where he knows he can't. I thank him for 2 very good season, but I'm afraid he's not the left-winger we've been seeking anymore.

He was a horrible choice to replace Robben/Duff and now, with Mata proving effective in the hole, it's time to find a new left-winger. No Perreira, but someone younger.

I strongly disagree about his abilities now.

My opinion is, he's a liability in our squad. He doesn't work as hard any more, he's lazy, he doesn't pass and he tries to shoot from areas where he knows he can't. I thank him for 2 very good season, but I'm afraid he's not the left-winger we've been seeking anymore.

He was a horrible choice to replace Robben/Duff and now, with Mata proving effective in the hole, it's time to find a new left-winger. No Perreira, but someone younger.

Really?

Thought he played ok when hugging the touchline against Bayern.

Judging from Malouda's reaction after the game, it seemed as he was happy (from a sense of justice) that even Lampard and Terry would also lose their places to squad rotation.

I think he always carried a slight grudge against certain players, Lampard especially, for retaining their starting 11 spot game after game even if the performance didn't really warrant it. Now he probably feels the coach is unbiased and rotates as when he feels like, so there is a chance we could see a decent, if not spectacular showing from Flo this season

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You