Florent Malouda

James

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has been linked with Barca for a while now, was talk about him being used in a swap for Dos Santos. I would let Malouda go and bring in a different type of winger, if Barca want him we should use it to get a decent amount or a player we are interested in like Dos Santos or Eto'o

I would like to keep him, because I feel he will be excellent next season. However he is only 27 and the best days of his career are yet to come, so if it came down to a swap deal with another player, I think it would be wise to let him go - for the best of the club and the player.

who would defenders be afraid of, robben or malouda??? robben every time

malouda has to go, he offers nothing IMO

O, ye of little faith. Let me cast your mind back 8 months ago to a player called Michael Ballack.

I agree Malouda can get better! However i just don't think he has the qualities for what WE are looking for and need in a winger. Speed, skill and the desire to beat defenders. It would only hold us back if we were to keep him on in my opinion.

Fair point and I respect your opinion. I guess the only reason I'm so confident he can shine is because I saw how well he can play for Lyon.

I don't doubt at all that he can be a good player, a very good player. But the wing positions are THE positions we need to strengthen with the right type of player to make us fly again.

Maybe some more competition could guarantee he improves? Bringing in someone like Quaresma or Ribery would be brilliant for that reason, because it gives us another option and gives Malouda the incentive to perform.

Maybe some more competition could guarantee he improves? Bringing in someone like Quaresma or Ribery would be brilliant for that reason, because it gives us another option and gives Malouda the incentive to perform.

It is possible, and we could only bring 1 new winger in and let 1 go. It all depends on what the new manager sees us needing to progress i suppose.

• 2 months later...

Robinho Pushes Malouda To Roma?

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Robinho's apparently imminent move from Real Madrid to Chelsea, could push Florent Malouda towards Roma.

Roma are well known to be searching for a winger to replace the recently departed Amantino Mancini, and they have been linked with Malouda all summer.

Malouda only signed for Chelsea last year from Lyon for a hefty €20m, but he failed to live up to his price tag during his debut season in England.

There have been constant reports in the media that the 28-year-old is not in the plans of the club's new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari, but over the past couple of weeks, Malouda has twice publicly declared that he wants to stay at Chelsea.

However, this may now all change if Robinho completes his move from Real Madrid to Chelsea. This is now looking more and more likely after the Brazilian declared his wish to move to Stamford Bridge.

"I dream of playing in the Premier League," said Robinho.

"Chelsea have a great squad, a great team, and they've made an offer that's great for both me and Real Madrid."

If Robinho joins Chelsea, there will be little space for Malouda, who only started as a substitute during the first game of the season against Portsmouth on Sunday.

This could push Malouda to Roma, who would guarantee the 2006 World Cup star a guaranteed first team place in their starting XI.

goal.com

Edited by SuperSheva7

After spending so much money on Malouda and only giving him one season - despite doing the same on Drogba, Ballack, Essien, etc. - and supposedly wanting to offload him already would be absolutely ridiculous. SWP has had three years at the club and failed to deliver consistently. I know he tries, but you HAVE to take your chances when you play for a big team like Chelsea.

Couldn't agree more BL. SWP has had his chance and is just not consistent enough for us. Malouda could well have the season of his life as Drogs did and then everyone will change their views on him just like they did with Didier.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You