Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FALSE NINE IT...

CESC or Oscar and bring ramires in the lineup.

We are sooooo not a false nine kind of team!

Imagine, we can see United's top 4 hopes take a MAJOR hit if both ourselves and City beat them in successive weeks. We can put another chasm between us and another rival with a win.

That in no way should be our priorities. I'll be wholeheartedly rooting for utd against City to get a bigger lead at the top of the table.

We are sooooo not a false nine kind of team!

That in no way should be our priorities. I'll be wholeheartedly rooting for utd against City to get a bigger lead at the top of the table.

I know I should be cheering for United in that one but...

Man, I just love seeing those fucking smug fans of both United and Arsenal get bent. We all know City will be right there with us all the way and losing to United won't change that. If we can just about eliminate another rival from serious contention by ourselves and City beating them then that's what I want.

Man, I just love seeing those fucking smug fans of both United and Arsenal get bent. We all know City will be right there with us all the way and losing to United won't change that. If we can just about eliminate another rival from serious contention by ourselves and City beating them then that's what I want.

I know what you mean, but I don't think united will go away anytime soon. They have shown that they will spend big and get big names even when they're not playing CL. They aren't Tottenham or even Arsenal. United are top 5 biggest clubs in the world even when they finish 7th in their own league!

If Costa is out, then I would be okay with Schurrle up front. Coincidentally, Schurrle played there for last year's match at Old Trafford. However, I would not expect us to park the bus this time around. :D

With Fabregas, Oscar, etc behind Schurrle, he will be just fine in my opinion.

Let's bury these guys and put them 13 points behind us and out of their misery.

Come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

courtois

iva GC JT luis

matic rambo

willian oscar hazard

cesc

if costa is not fit that is. if he is fit, i dont see how we would not win with him against those wooden idiots that they call CBs.

Noooo! We are not Barca or Spain. We don't need to do that.

Jose wouldn't play Cesc as a false nine after he criticized Barcelona managers for playing him out of position. He'll play a CM or maybe an AM, but definitely not a False 9. It doesn't matter anyway. Costa will play. You can quote me on that.

Man United 0-3 Chelsea

Starting 11:

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Luis

Matic Ramires Fabregas

Willian Costa Hazard

Maybe Oscar instead of Ramires but I think this will be the starting 11, Schurrle instead of Willian is also possible but considering he is coming back from an injury I doubt it.

Easy win coming .. United are not in our class at the moment, if Jose allow is to play free, and none of that defensive style tactics. We win 4-1 3-0 3-1.... If we play defensive, I can see us drawing, or winning 1-0 .. No way we can lose this game. United are not good enough.

Hey guys we are on a roll and I don't want to put a dampener on things but there is something that is really annoying me, that is the progress of hazard. To me he has the potential to be the best player in the world but his progress isn't consistent, its fluctuates too much for my liking. Why is this. Why can't he dribble, shoot and score, on a cosistent basis, when he does it he makes it look so easy so it's fair question to ask.

I want to absolutely murder this lot. We should be able to have our way with their defense but Di Maria and the rest of their attacking players still worry me.

Imagine, we can see United's top 4 hopes take a MAJOR hit if both ourselves and City beat them in successive weeks. We can put another chasm between us and another rival with a win.

Please let Costa be fit!

Didn't Did Maria get hurt yesterday? A win at ole crapfort vs the dirty red mancs would be nice.

My biggest worry from United side is LVG, he shown in the WC semi that he will be happy to go as dirty/defensive/park the bus as nessecery to get a positive result.

If United go all out attack against us it could be a massacre, but unfortunately LVG isn't Wenger. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is even more dull than the reverse fixture last season.

1-0 Chelsea, last minute goal from Filipe Luis backside when he's not looking :D

United and Arsenal fans losing is nothing compared to Liverpool fans premature title parades backfiring last season, apart from Chelsea's sucess that was the most satisfying moment of my life as a football fan, Arsenal or even Spurs could have been the benefactors of Liverpools collapse and it would still have been hilarious.

I know what you mean, but I don't think united will go away anytime soon. They have shown that they will spend big and get big names even when they're not playing CL. They aren't Tottenham or even Arsenal. United are top 5 biggest clubs in the world even when they finish 7th in their own league!

Agreed but hopefully they go down the Galactico route, that way with Jose and a solid team unit will make up for the financial disadvantage to them, like Pep at Barca, Real went on a ridiculous binge in 2009 yet were a level below Barca (yes they spent a lot but not compared to Madrid).

I don't want any Ramires or 4-3-3 bullshit. They don't deserve the same respect as City and we should go and 'kill' them, as Jose would say. Play with our normal 4-2-3-1 and Drogba up top if Costa and Remy are injured. Drogba is good enough for that pile of shit at United's defense. However, I'm pretty sure Costa will start. We need to keep the same level of consistency and not take them lightly.

Hopefully Ramires is back. Play 4-3-3 with Matic shielding and Ramires and Cesc ahead of him. United are a different animal to Arsenal in terms of midfield, will they go for a diamond against us or what? Van Gaal will probably go for a 3 man midfield of some sort just to get Herrera, Blind and Di Maria in the team. Blind and Herrera give them quite a bit of aggressiveness to their midfield as well as Di Maria's work rate and pace giving them legs. Can't underestimate United, their defence might be poor but they will be up for it at home surely.

2-0 Chelsea though.

I do not believe Mourinho's words one bit but if Costa and Remy are really out injured for this game, then we are so screwed!

And it's incredible how cocky some fans have been ahead of this game, thinking we'll just walk over United like they are a Conference team. :doh: