test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atholy

It's all about respect!

Started by Atholy,

That moment were the home fans start applauding a player of the opposition team who's absolutely destroying their own defense.

If you know these teams are one of the greatest rivals ever to be seen in sport => EPIC!

#respect

In 2009 I was sat in the East Stand Lower next to the Barcelona fans during Tom Henning Ovrebo's infamous performance.

Before the game Chelsea had done the usual for big games and laid out flags for each seat. After the game a lot of Chelsea fans left in anger at Ovrebo's performance and there were flags dotted about everywhere, most fans left after Iniesta's goal. The Barca fans were desperate for the flags reaching their arms through past the stewards indicating they want one. I made about 7-8 trips back and forth with handfuls of flags.

I was upset and annoyed at the time, but the way I saw it was it wasn't their fans fault, they'd traveled hundreds of miles to see the game. I knew if it was me in that position I would've loved a bit of memorabilia. If I didn't do that the club would've just chucked them away.

They wasn't as kind and give me nothing in return though unfortunately.

OneMoSalah, Atholy and dUMB like this

In 2009 I was sat in the East Stand Lower next to the Barcelona fans during Tom Henning Ovrebo's infamous performance.

Before the game Chelsea had done the usual for big games and laid out flags for each seat. After the game a lot of Chelsea fans left in anger at Ovrebo's performance and there were flags dotted about everywhere, most fans left after Iniesta's goal. The Barca fans were desperate for the flags reaching their arms through past the stewards indicating they want one. I made about 7-8 trips back and forth with handfuls of flags.

I was upset and annoyed at the time, but the way I saw it was it wasn't their fans fault, they'd traveled hundreds of miles to see the game. I knew if it was me in that position I would've loved a bit of memorabilia. If I didn't do that the club would've just chucked them away.

They wasn't as kind and give me nothing in return though unfortunately.

:worship: But, I must say, I really dont like Barca.

I don't like Barca as a club, but for fans to travel abroad to see their teams you have to respect that.

Yeah, I understand that. But I dont understand how anyone normal can be Barca fan, or for example Liverpool fan :D

:Goober:

We Hate Scouse likes this

That moment were the home fans start applauding a player of the opposition team who's absolutely destroying their own defense.

If you know these teams are one of the greatest rivals ever to be seen in sport => EPIC!

#respect

That was in a time where Madrid had proper fans

Paolo Di Canio was a player with a lot of flair! Scoring over 100 goals in 500 league appearances, he will however always be remembered for the controversy he brought to the game.

On a wet and rainy night at Goodison Park... with a score of 1-1 and the game running towards the end, he did something that really shows what respect & sportmanship is all about!

#Respect