JT future replacement

the wes

The thing about JT is could he still go for a few years yet?

Obviously he isn't as good as his mid twentys but he is showing no real signs of decline yet. Carvalho declined when he hit 30, Lamps slowed down at 32, Malouda at 30, Alex in his last 6 months lost the plot yet Terry at nearly 34 is still playing at a high level and showing no serious signs of decline yet.

Obviously we have to be wary and keep a close eye on him, however he could surprise a few by just how long hes still got especially as Mous system will protect him.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Benatia would have been perfect, however as Chile showed if you have a good system then you can relitevely easily help centre halfs, Chile thrashed Spain with Jara and Medel in their back line.

This probably sounds crazy but I could see Mou thinking outside the box and doing something like turning Azpi into a centre half.

I could see it working. Azpi has all the qualities of a CB bar aerial dominance which is understandable considering his height but then again Canavaro,Ayala,Puyol et al have shown that height shouldn't be a disadvantage.

and we still got bran whos a natural cb.

Brana will be 31 this season. Not exactly a 'long term solution'.

I think we will most likely sign a CB in the next two transfer windows. What kind of CB we will go for will be very interesting to see and will tell us a lot about how Jose sees the likes of Omeruo, Kalas, Zouma..etc.

I dont know about you guys but I will take John Terry's departure/retirement alot worse than lampard's. Lampard is a club legend and he loves chelsea fc more than anyone but for me, personally, in my opinion, he didnt show the emotions JT did. He didnt cry. He didnt scream. He didnt bleed. JT :worship:

To be fair it's going to depend on how Zouma and Kalas do before he hangs up his boots. If at least one of them show that they're good enough then it'll be one of them, if not then we should sign ONLY a world class CB. Otherwise you might as well keep the youngsters anyway.

So essentially, Hummels or noone. As he's the only world class centre back that's even in the realms of being available now Varane (not world class currently but a top top player already and still extremely young) is committed to RM.

I just find it funny people mentioning kalas, omeruo and such like it's a given.

I don't trust our youth policy and I will be a doubting Thomas till I see it with my own eyes.

Zouma, kalas? Your having a laugh.

The next JT replacement is someone we buy, simple as that.

I just find it funny people mentioning kalas, omeruo and such like it's a given.

I don't trust our youth policy and I will be a doubting Thomas till I see it with my own eyes.

Zouma, kalas? Your having a laugh.

The next JT replacement is someone we buy, simple as that.

I just find it funny you're writing off kalas, omeruo and such like it's a given.

I trust our youth policy and I hope to see another Courtois with my own eyes.

Fernando? You're having a laugh.

It's hard to rule out Kalas, Omeruo and Zouma because we actually have no idea what they will become. All three have great potential and it will be really good to see who comes out on top. Of course they may not, but having the attitude of 'None of them will' is a weak and bland argument.

kalas cant never get on fc koln team what chance does he have getting on the chelsea team mate

i dont know for sure, but i think koln only got kalas for cheap squad depth, with no intention of making him a starter ahead of their already established cb's. (even though he is probably better)

i dont know for sure, but i think koln only got kalas for cheap squad depth, with no intention of making him a starter ahead of their already established cb's. (even though he is probably better)

Again another poor judgement on our management's part. Surely they should have done their research and recognize Koln only wants him as cover for their starting CB. Now he goes from Chelsea's bench onto Koln's. If you must send him on loan why not to a team darely in need of a CB?