JT future replacement

the wes

I just find it funny you're writing off kalas, omeruo and such like it's a given.

I trust our youth policy and I hope to see another Courtois with my own eyes.

Fernando? You're having a laugh.

Yes I'm writing them of as I don't trust our youth policy.

I will not believe till I see it with my own eyes that someone from our Academy is in the team.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to rule out Kalas, Omeruo and Zouma because we actually have no idea what they will become. All three have great potential and it will be really good to see who comes out on top. Of course they may not, but having the attitude of 'None of them will' is a weak and bland argument.

I remember when bruma was the next best thing to come for our cb. One of many examples.

So it's not a weak bland argument, is the truth.

I'm a doubting Thomas now when it comes to this subject.

I remember when bruma was the next best thing to come for our cb. One of many examples.

did bruma excel in an away game , vs the leagues best attacking force?

You are ruling players out right now for the future and say it's the truth, how can you say this? Don't use previous players as a base argument because players develop in different ways and nobody now can claim to know what each individual player will become.

Bruma is still only 22, a member of the Dutch national team and is linked with a move to Juventus. He can still be an outstanding CB. Where were Kompany, Pepe or Cahill at the age of 22?

did bruma excel in an away game , vs the leagues best attacking force?

Just like Bertrand excel in the CL final against Bayern?

You are ruling players out right now for the future and say it's the truth, how can you say this? Don't use previous players as a base argument because players develop in different ways and nobody now can claim to know what each individual player will become.

Yes but when the philosophy of the club is to win every year, it puts too much pressure on the youth.

This is why we have not really gotten any youth.

Well that and the fact that we change our managers like we change our underwear.

So until I see it, I will rule it out.

Bruma is still only 22, a member of the Dutch national team and is linked with a move to Juventus. He can still be an outstanding CB. Where were Kompany, Pepe or Cahill at the age of 22?

Yes but he didn't make it in our club.

Just like Bertrand excel in the CL final against Bayern?

Yes but when the philosophy of the club is to win every year, it puts too much pressure on the youth.

This is why we have not really gotten any youth.

Well that and the fact that we change our managers like we change our underwear.

So until I see it, I will rule it out.

The saying is simple....."If your good enough, your old enough" if the youth aren't good enough to step up then it's simple, they don't get chance. Every young players dream is to succeed, that's simple, the difficult bit being is who will step up. A slow integration is what's needed with a careful approach, this isn't FIFA and the club, along with manager, will be carefully running the rule of all potential within the clubs infrastructure.

Of course we always buy but that's also the point I am making, there isn't anyone yet capable of filling a void required. Do you think the club actually want to keep spending all the time? I'm pretty sure if this so called talent appears in the ranks, or already is they will see that he is given a chance. After all we are in a world that's now governed to an extent by FFP, and the board have been very smart and logical about overheads, incoming spends and outgoing funding for sometime now.

Whilst the search for the void filler continues the club must keep motoring in the direction of winners, and we must keep up with the Jones's........if we can't find the candidate we buy, it's that simple, we do not just lump someone in and hope.

I could see it working. Azpi has all the qualities of a CB bar aerial dominance which is understandable considering his height but then again Canavaro,Ayala,Puyol et al have shown that height shouldn't be a disadvantage.

Puyol started his career at RB as well.

Puyol started his career at RB as well.

and both Puyol and ramos play in la liga...

Whereas ramos went head to head with welback and was crushed in the air in the champs league.... Dave can make it as a cb in la liga, not in epl.

Both height and strength are significant attributes for a cb.

and both Puyol and ramos play in la liga...

Whereas ramos went head to head with welback and was crushed in the air in the champs league.... Dave can make it as a cb in la liga, not in epl.

Both height and strength are significant attributes for a cb.

Cannavaro, Baresi, Passarella, Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer, Bergomi, Gentile and there are many others that I can't remember now.

Man you really are one of the worst posters on this forum in terms of football knowledge. No offence.

Cannavaro, Baresi, Passarella, Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer, Bergomi, Gentile and there are many others that I can't remember now.

Man you really are one of the worst posters on this forum in terms of football knowledge. No offence.

Did you watch fabio at madrid?

Also, this is the new era, not 30 years ago...

Dont be putting in random names like you did. Give me a recent name in this generation.. Names players he has never watched..

thiago silva

marquinhos

luis

Miranda

all 6 and over

kompany

vermaleen

vertoghen

all 6 and over

Chilenni

barzagi

bonnuci

all 6 and over

JT

Cahill

Ferndinand

John Stones

Phil jones

all 6 and over

Mangala

sakho

koshienlny

varane

all 6 and over

Mertasacker

boateng

hummels

Howedes

all 6 and over

keep gypsying away.

I just find it funny people mentioning kalas, omeruo and such like it's a given.

I don't trust our youth policy and I will be a doubting Thomas till I see it with my own eyes.

Zouma, kalas? Your having a laugh.

The next JT replacement is someone we buy, simple as that.

we did buy zouma, you don't pay 15 million euros for a player, to leave him on the bench, as soon as terry or cahill get an injury,zouma will come in! deschamps, desaily, and blanc have all said zouma will captain france,and he was consistently rated as one of the top ten prospects in europe and playing regularly for st etienne at 18, hopefully paired with varanne at some point in the future.

Did you watch fabio at madrid?

Also, this is the new era, not 30 years ago...

Dont be putting in random names like you did. Give me a recent name in this generation.. Names players he has never watched..

thiago silva

marquinhos

luis

Miranda

all 6 and over

kompany

vermaleen

vertoghen

all 6 and over

Chilenni

barzagi

bonnuci

all 6 and over

JT

Cahill

Ferndinand

John Stones

Phil jones

all 6 and over

Mangala

sakho

koshienlny

varane

all 6 and over

Mertasacker

boateng

hummels

Howedes

all 6 and over

keep gypsying away.

The fact that you are comparing football's greatest with Marquinhos, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Mangala, Sakho, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Howedes is just an insult to this sport and sums it up about you, really. I have to take back what I said, you are not one of the worst posters on here, you are THE worst poster in terms of football knowledge. Never understood why people like you choose to waste their only neuron on sports they will never understand.

Stick to you local sports soccer boy and save us from this new generation bs. This sport hasn't started three years ago when you first watched a football game.

The fact that you are comparing football's greatest with Marquinhos, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Mangala, Sakho, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Howedes is just an insult to this sport and sums it up about you, really. I have to take back what I said, you are not one of the worst posters on here, you are THE worst poster in terms of football knowledge. Never understood why people like you choose to waste their only neuron on sports they will never understand.

Stick to you local sports soccer boy and save us from this new generation bs. This sport hasn't started three years ago when you first watched a football game.

Fact is the game has change. Fact is dave is not puyol.

Keep gypsying away.