JT future replacement

the wes

If I had my way i'd have Cahill, Kalas and Zouma as 3 of our 4 CBs next year and buy a young top quality Englishman as the 4th. Phil Jones (if the fee is low, doubt it) or more likely Stones as people have mentioned would be a great choice.

Then we could start Cahill with whichever of Kalas/Zouma/Stones was the most impressive in pre season, with the other 2 knowing they can fight for their place.

And remember Cahill isn't young so when he goes we still have 3 top quality CBs hopefully coming into their prime.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones is shit.

He really isn't. He's average atm but that's because his growth has been stunted by lack of positional consistency as Spike said. He showed tons of potential at Blackburn and it's a popular opinion that he could've developed into a top player with a decent CB role model (like JT, not the drug toting racist cunt Ferdinand).

I don't think we need "one for the future", we have plenty of those in the CB department.

CB is the only position where I felt we weakened over the summer. JT is not getting any younger, the new system makes it impossible for Cahill to have as good a season as last, and we sold David Luiz without getting a replacement (no, Zouma is Kalas' replacement in the squad, at least for this season).

Hence, I think we need a CB who is a finished article and who will be ready to lead our defense (don't mean captain, but rather organize) in a year or two.

I like Jones, but he'll need a lot of work to get his career back on track and is a bit of a gamble. Of course it would be great if we can get an established CB, but since not a lot of those are available on the market, I'd give a shout to Ranocchia. I've always admired him and I think he would be great value for money.

Don't think we need to go looking for a replacement. Kalas and Zouma are perfectly capable to cover JT when the time comes.

Although as somebody else said. JT will never be replaced, we will just have to fill the hole left as best we can.

I don't think we need "one for the future", we have plenty of those in the CB department.

CB is the only position where I felt we weakened over the summer. JT is not getting any younger, the new system makes it impossible for Cahill to have as good a season as last, and we sold David Luiz without getting a replacement (no, Zouma is Kalas' replacement in the squad, at least for this season).

Hence, I think we need a CB who is a finished article and who will be ready to lead our defense (don't mean captain, but rather organize) in a year or two.

I like Jones, but he'll need a lot of work to get his career back on track and is a bit of a gamble. Of course it would be great if we can get an established CB, but since not a lot of those are available on the market, I'd give a shout to Ranocchia. I've always admired him and I think he would be great value for money.

Most Inter fans don't really want Ranocchia.

JT's replacement will have to be a world class or very very good defender just approaching his prime. unfortunately this new era is the worst it's ever been for defenders. It's like finding needle in haystack. if you remove Silva,Hummels,Benatia, varane and Komapany who are all not available then you struggle to find a worthy defender from there on.

Finding his replacement will be much harder than some people think as defenders who are good enough to take on the mantle won't be available. We should have competed much harder with Munich for Benatia's signature.

we've got a replacement for terry in zouma, why do you think we was after him for so long, fast,unbelievable leap in the air, good spatial awareness. and more importantly crunching in the tackle, timing is very good aside from the broken leg tackle alltho he did get ball, man and nearly hoarding. that is what you call a livener.

JT's replacement will have to be a world class or very very good defender just approaching his prime. unfortunately this new era is the worst it's ever been for defenders. It's like finding needle in haystack. if you remove Silva,Hummels,Benatia, varane and Komapany who are all not available then you struggle to find a worthy defender from there on.

Finding his replacement will be much harder than some people think as defenders who are good enough to take on the mantle won't be available. We should have competed much harder with Munich for Benatia's signature.

Agreed Benatia would have been perfect, however as Chile showed if you have a good system then you can relitevely easily help centre halfs, Chile thrashed Spain with Jara and Medel in their back line.

This probably sounds crazy but I could see Mou thinking outside the box and doing something like turning Azpi into a centre half.