Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Lol you really are digging your own grave here.... hes not Walcott you know he has an all round game.

what all versatile game? Hes a good dribbler with pace.....

GUESS what guys, Chadli has 6 goals so far and Hazard has 1 goal minus the pks.

I guess hes superior than hazard as well. Since, now people think sterling is good passer/scorer cause of stats.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now its school years?

Speed is up to debate. I dont really know who is faster, but I do know Ox is a stronger runner. I wouldnt be surprised if ox was faster than sterling, but sterling looks faster because of his superior dribbling compared to ox.

In regards to England, the same was said for Jack wilshere that he would be england's savior and the team would revolve around him. Yet, all these years later, it never came to fruition. The fact you think sterling will be englands hope and savior already tells me that you will be disappointed. Also, sterling is better made for liverpool due to his dribbling ability, but oxlade chamberlin would be a better fit for Chelsea. FACT

OXlade chamberlin would start over sterling at chelsea. FACt.

I can guarantee you that sterling will disappear when his pace does. The reason why liverpool is failing is because mario balotelli isnt a pacewhore like daniel/suarez. Balo wants the ball at his feet and he wants to play around him..... When a team like Liverpool, that spam throughballs all game long or relies of gerrards longball tactics, if you dont have those cfs, of course they wont do well.

Maybe you dont remember Stephen El sharraway, before mario came to milan was scoring goals and creating for fun, than balo came and he all of a sudden became crap... People on this forum think sterling would be an upgrade to willian/schurrle, but under Jose, I highly doubt he would last.

Sterling is being made the key man for England. Hodgson knows that and that is why most people state Rooney should be dropped because Sterling has to be starting in that no.10 role. Maybe Chamberlain would start here over Sterling. He might not but you said Sterling was playing the more integral role compared to Chamberlain because of inferior players yet at the same time Sterling is now the no.10 for England as well and I assume that will carry on unless his form dramatically drops which I doubt. Even this season, Sterling is the only one you can give credit in such a mediocre team. When Sturridge comes back he will improve more but you cannot deny that he was fantastic last season. I reckon many top class players would struggle in the current Liverpool team now.

As to the bolded part. LOL. Maybe in the next decade then :beer:

Sterling is being made the key man for England. Hodgson knows that and that is why most people state Rooney should be dropped because Sterling has to be starting in that no.10 role. Maybe Chamberlain would start here over Sterling. He might not but you said Sterling was playing the more integral role compared to Chamberlain because of inferior players yet at the same time Sterling is now the no.10 for England as well and I assume that will carry on unless his form dramatically drops which I doubt. Even this season, Sterling is the only one you can give credit in such a mediocre team. When Sturridge comes back he will improve more but you cannot deny that he was fantastic last season. I reckon many top class players would struggle in the current Liverpool team now.

As to the bolded part. LOL. Maybe in the next decade then :beer:

Sterling is becoming a keyman for roy because everyone is injured and roy loves liverpool players.

Jack was injured as was ox and barkely. Who else is there?

Hendo? Lennon? Zaha?

what all versatile game? Hes a good dribbler with pace.....

GUESS what guys, Chadli has 6 goals so far and Hazard has 1 goal minus the pks.

I guess hes superior than hazard as well. Since, now people think sterling is good passer/scorer cause of stats.

Please just stop man, its getting hard to take this bullshit seriously.

I actually agree. Love Oxlade and think he's being underused at Arsenal, very underrated due to injuries and irregular playing time. I think he'd be fantastic on the right here.

Exactly, people forget how good Ox was and is...

He would be the better fit for Chelsea... However, people just look at stats....

Exactly, people forget how good Ox was and is...

He would be the better fit for Chelsea... However, people just look at stats....

No. A lot of people, well me anyway know how good Chamberlain is and his potential but we are just stating that right now you cannot say hands on that he is better than Sterling because he has had far more injuries. For instance you reckon Thiago is better and accomplished more than Fabregas. I dispute this because he is injured 3/4 of the season so he has not proved himself over the season like Fabregas has. That is my point about Chamberlain. An excellent young talent but he has not had a season like Sterling yet and because of the injuries he is going to have to work harder to get in the team especially with the likes of Walcott coming back.

No. A lot of people, well me anyway know how good Chamberlain is and his potential but we are just stating that right now you cannot say hands on that he is better than Sterling because he has had far more injuries. For instance you reckon Thiago is better and accomplished more than Fabregas. I dispute this because he is injured 3/4 of the season so he has not proved himself over the season like Fabregas has. That is my point about Chamberlain. An excellent young talent but he has not had a season like Sterling yet and because of the injuries he is going to have to work harder to get in the team especially with the likes of Walcott coming back.

Thiago is better than Cesc....

It was not only I that believed it. It was the rest of Catalonia and Pep. Even the Germans where against the Thiago signing and completely changed tune, acknowledging the significance of Thiago at munich and his greatness.

When you have a higher usage rate and are the center of the team, your stats will always be better. Whether its soccer, american football, basketball, etc... Point is that sterling became the man for england when walcott, ox, barkley,jack were all injured...

Ask mata what the difference is being the number1 option to being just another player. Ox is another player at arsenal because arsenal kept stockpiling wingers/ams.

It was not only I that believed it. It was the rest of Catalonia and Pep. Even the Germans where against the Thiago signing and completely changed tune, acknowledging the significance of Thiago at munich and his greatness.

When you have a higher usage rate and are the center of the team, your stats will always be better. Whether its soccer, american football, basketball, etc... Point is that sterling became the man for england when walcott, ox, barkley,jack were all injured...

Ask mata what the difference is being the number1 option to being just another player. Ox is another player at arsenal because arsenal kept stockpiling wingers/ams.

Is thiago better than Zola?

I'd certainly agree that Oxlade is a lot more mature than his Liverpool counterpart. His versatility is severely underrated too, he can play anywhere across midfield.. I personally want to see him in a more central midfield role because I think he could dictate the pace of a game and make bursting runs through the middle. As they get older I do think Sterling would edge out Oxlade-Chamberlain. I really wanted to to sign him when I first saw him for Southampton (I even started the thread on here iirc).

Liverpool plan on stopping Raheem Sterling from joining Premier League rival by inserting clause into new contract

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2836226/Liverpool-plan-stopping-Raheem-Sterling-joining-Premier-League-rival.html

''significance of Thiago at munich and his greatness'' :rolleyes:

By that you mean him being injured there all the time or what?

You seriously missunderstand potential and actual displays on pitch through career. Only flaw Cesc has is his inability to perform on top in big games, elsewhere he is better player, until Thiago actualy completes season without spending 6 months on sidelines.

''significance of Thiago at munich and his greatness'' :rolleyes:

By that you mean him being injured there all the time or what?

You seriously missunderstand potential and actual displays on pitch through career. Only flaw Cesc has is his inability to perform on top in big games, elsewhere he is better player, until Thiago actualy completes season without spending 6 months on sidelines.

what?

Thiago played as many games at barca under pep as Cesc did... At 4 years his junior, at his preferred role...

If you guys actually go on the barca board, back in 2011, they had a lot of discussion about who should take over once xavi leaves, cesc or thiago... Back than and even now, the general consensus was and is Thiago in catalonia..

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/6964-Cesc-Fabregas-or-Thiago-Alcantara

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/-z7-jyvrhectam1edtdl1a/Show/Player-Focus-Thiago-Alcantara-The-Rightful-Heir-to-Xavis-Throne

The number of times a player has made 120+ passes in a match since Jan 1, 2010 Xavi 24 Thiago Alcantara 5 Xabi Alonso 4 Andrea Pirlo 4 Andres Iniesta 3 Thiago Motta 3 Marco Verratti 3 Yaya Toure 3 Sergio Busquets 2 Michael Carrick 2 Cesc Fabregas

The number of times a player has made 150+ passes in a match since Jan 1, 2010 Xavi 17 Thiago Alcantara 5 Xabi Alonso 4 Andrea Pirlo 4 Marco Verratti 3 Sergio Busquets 2 Michael Carrick 2 Andres Iniesta 2 Toni Kroos 2 Bastian Schweinsteiger 2 Cesc Fabregas 1

Or the fact Thiago already broke the bundesliga record for touches in a game with 177(too be surpassed by alonso the season after)...

what?

Thiago played as many games at barca under pep as Cesc did... At 4 years his junior, at his preferred role...

If you guys actually go on the barca board, back in 2011, they had a lot of discussion about who should take over once xavi leaves, cesc or thiago... Back than and even now, the general consensus was and is Thiago in catalonia..

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/6964-Cesc-Fabregas-or-Thiago-Alcantara

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/-z7-jyvrhectam1edtdl1a/Show/Player-Focus-Thiago-Alcantara-The-Rightful-Heir-to-Xavis-Throne

The number of times a player has made 120+ passes in a match since Jan 1, 2010 Xavi 24 Thiago Alcantara 5 Xabi Alonso 4 Andrea Pirlo 4 Andres Iniesta 3 Thiago Motta 3 Marco Verratti 3 Yaya Toure 3 Sergio Busquets 2 Michael Carrick 2 Cesc Fabregas

The number of times a player has made 150+ passes in a match since Jan 1, 2010 Xavi 17 Thiago Alcantara 5 Xabi Alonso 4 Andrea Pirlo 4 Marco Verratti 3 Sergio Busquets 2 Michael Carrick 2 Andres Iniesta 2 Toni Kroos 2 Bastian Schweinsteiger 2 Cesc Fabregas 1

Or the fact Thiago already broke the bundesliga record for touches in a game with 177(too be surpassed by alonso the season after)...

We arent barca or Peps bayern and those stats mean shit to Chelsea, because we play different system. We play counter attack and single goal is more valuable for Mou than all those 10372829383 passes Thiago would make.

But why does matter who would barca prefer to be xavi successor anyway? Are we barca? It just proves Thiago fits tiki taka system more, it doesnt tell who is better player. For example, put Thiago in defensive team with less ball and he wont be that important at all.

We arent barca or Peps bayern and those stats mean shit to Chelsea, because we play different system. We play counter attack and single goal is more valuable for Mou than all those 10372829383 passes Thiago would make.

But why does matter who would barca prefer to be xavi successor anyway? Are we barca? It just proves Thiago fits tiki taka system more, it doesnt tell who is better player. For example, put Thiago in defensive team with less ball and he wont be that important at all.

WIth that logic, oscar is more valuable n10 than anyone in the world...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You