Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Complete and utter bollocks. We are talking about a season where we won the title and Liverpool won the European Crown, and Gerrard didn't put his tranfer request until the summer of 2005. A year where Lampard was at his prime and came second running in the Ballon D'or nomination whereas Gerrard wasn't anywhere near the form Frank was in that year. By no means does that suggest Lampard would have secured his spot, but to openly state that Gerrard would replace a player who was in the prime of his game is mental. Jose has always showed aspiration for Frank, it was ever so likely if we got a hold of Gerrard that summer, Essien would have never been purchased.

---------------Drogba--------------

Robben-----------------------Cole

--------Lampard--Gerrard-------

--------------Makelele-------------

And Mata was poty for Chelsea, in his prime and had one of the best seasons ever for an am in european history.....

Gerrard was everything lampard wasnt. A dynamic, athletic box to box that could run, tackle, etc.

Jose isnt stupid. He's not going to make the same mistake england has made for the past few national teams. He knows he can only pick one and would of picked like Gerrard over him... There a reason why Jose wanted gerrard at all 3 teams he managed in.

WHen people thought Jose and company was mental for selling Mata, all i did was laugh... Everyone in Spain knew mata wasnt as good as his stats.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney!

For me top consider a player world class, they need to perform on all fronts. Liverpool did as well as they did last season thanks to Suarez. I very much doubt they would have finished in the Top 4 without him.

I think he has potential, but he doesn't standout for me.

I never said he was the only one. I said only a few have been a central part of a title-chasing team at that age. It is no denying the fact that Suarez was the main reason but there is no denying that Sterling was very key as well. We are going to have to agree to disagree but for me he is a fantastic talent. This is nothing to do with him being Jamaican/English like me but this is based in what I have seen. I think he pretty much has everything. I think he needs to work on his technique sometimes but he can work on that. But imo while Suarez was the best player in the league, without Sterling you can arguably say they might not have been as effective too. So many of the FK and PK Suarez and Gerrard scored were due to Sterling being fouled several times. Time will tell I guess.

They just miss the league because they had no champs league and got eliminated early from both domestic cups. In addition, gerrard took like 15 pks....

You should probably put out the stats on Lukaku and shaw as well....

Pirlo and sterling are both under NIKE....

That is not my point. My point was that not much players at that age would have got into Liverpool's team. A team who did not have Europe to deal with but they still finished 2nd and was very close to winning the league. Your point on Gerrard is irrelevant. I am talking about Sterling. What does Gerrard have to do with it?

OK, so let's pretend that Sterling was not England's best player against Italy then?...... Pirlo saw a good player and complimented him. It is as simple as that.

Adrian peterson said he had like 2 kids and ever since the scandal broke out with him, all the girls are coming out and its now up to 8 kids......

Well there is no concrete proof to say he has more than one kid. Sterling said he only has the one kid so shouldn't that be that? ....

And Mata was poty for Chelsea, in his prime and had one of the best seasons ever for an am in european history.....

Gerrard was everything lampard wasnt. A dynamic, athletic box to box that could run, tackle, etc.

Jose isnt stupid. He's not going to make the same mistake england has made for the past few national teams. He knows he can only pick one and would of picked like Gerrard over him... There a reason why Jose wanted gerrard at all 3 teams he managed in.

WHen people thought Jose and company was mental for selling Mata, all i did was laugh... Everyone in Spain knew mata wasnt as good as his stats.

You do realise that Jose wanted Lampard at both Inter and Madrid as well right? The sheer under rating of Lampard, especially during his prime (2005-2007) is absolutely astonishing, it truly is. Lampard could tackle, pick a pass out of nothing, finish from practically anywhere, and was the ideal box to box midfield of the premier league era. And even with the unstability of managers, he was the only player to maintain that kind of consistency.

And mind you, Jose's initial interest was before the whole Lampard and Gerrard pairing for the national team couldn't work as neither complemented one another, it was merely a concept back then.

Mata was POTY because we formed the team around him, to suit his strengths, whereas with Lampard, he accommodated to his role manager after manager still bringing out class.

I never said he was the only one. I said only a few have been a central part of a title-chasing team at that age. It is no denying the fact that Suarez was the main reason but there is no denying that Sterling was very key as well. We are going to have to agree to disagree but for me he is a fantastic talent. This is nothing to do with him being Jamaican/English like me but this is based in what I have seen. I think he pretty much has everything. I think he needs to work on his technique sometimes but he can work on that. But imo while Suarez was the best player in the league, without Sterling you can arguably say they might not have been as effective too. So many of the FK and PK Suarez and Gerrard scored were due to Sterling being fouled several times. Time will tell I guess.

Bias. [emoji6]

In all fairness, he could become a great player, but ATM, he isn't at that level.

We will have to wait and see what the future holds.

You do realise that Jose wanted Lampard at both Inter and Madrid as well right? The sheer under rating of Lampard, especially during his prime (2005-2007) is absolutely astonishing, it truly is. Lampard could tackle, pick a pass out of nothing, finish from practically anywhere, and was the ideal box to box midfield of the premier league era. And even with the unstability of managers, he was the only player to maintain that kind of consistency.

And mind you, Jose's initial interest was before the whole Lampard and Gerrard pairing for the national team couldn't work as neither complemented one another, it was merely a concept back then.

Mata was POTY because we formed the team around him, to suit his strengths, whereas with Lampard, he accommodated to his role manager after manager still bringing out class.

He never wanted him at either teams. Jose helped lampard get a fat contract from chelsea with the so called Inter wants him bs....kind of like how every agent does the so called chelsea is interested bs for every player now a days.

ANd when did Jose want lampard at madrid?

Ummm, maybe you didnt realize it, but Chelsea was made for Lampard to excel. NOT for Drogba to excel, not for robben to excel or cole, or essien or ballack, but primarily lampard... Chelsea a decade ago was made for lampard as was chelsea a few seasons ago with mata. Lampard didnt accommodate the team, essien did, ballack did, maks did...

Absolulety brilliant performance considering all the negative attention he has been receiving from the media and public over the past week. Was a threat all throughout the game. How some people on here think he is not one of England's top propsects I do not know. Was the main catalyst for every goal Liverpool scored today. Balotelli really needs to br dropped from that team though. Sterling carried them. Once Sturridge comes back, he will thrive even more imo.

Absolulety brilliant performance considering all the negative attention he has been receiving from the media and public over the past week. Was a threat all throughout the game. How some people on here think he is not one of England's top propsects I do not know. Was the main catalyst for every goal Liverpool scored today. Balotelli really needs to br dropped from that team though. Sterling carried them. Once Sturridge comes back, he will thrive even more imo.

I am most impressed with his work rate. He seems to never stop going really, and that attitude directly influenced all 3 of Liverpool's goals.

What is funny about that? Name another youngster who can put in shifts the way he does?

He rates Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Sakho and Vertonghen as world class centre halves and thinks Thiago Alcantara is better than Cesc in his prime. Just so you know who you are speaking to.

Quote name="petre.ispirescu" post="999598" timestamp="1413731981"]

He rates Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Sakho and Vertonghen as world class centre halves and thinks Thiago Alcantara is better than Cesc in his prime. Just so you know who you are speaking to.

Yeah I said thet were world class.... but I didnt gypsy.

Learn to read before you talk

What is funny about that? Name another youngster who can put in shifts the way he does?

What shift? You mean how liverpool was the second best team in everything that game?

James. Oscar. Hazard. Gotze. Thiago. Isco. Oxlade. Neymar. Jack wilshere.

Yes. Please tell me where I rated them as world class gypsy?

What shift? You mean how liverpool was the second best team in everything that game?

James. Oscar. Hazard. Gotze. Thiago. Isco. Oxlade. Neymar. Jack wilshere.

His work rate throughout the entire match, while still having the pace to split them like that at the end.

Thiago and Jack Wheelchair could not do what he did today. In fact, Wheelchair has not looked the same player since Ramsey has been in bad form. I think rams was making him look a lot better than he is.

Oxlade is a joke.

The others are debatable though.

His work rate throughout the entire match, while still having the pace to split them like that at the end.

Thiago and Jack Wheelchair could not do what he did today. In fact, Wheelchair has not looked the same player since Ramsey has been in bad form. I think rams was making him look a lot better than he is.

Oxlade is a joke.

The others are debatable though.

i think barkley could possibly match him. his style is quite intense.

also pogba?

but i agree, sterling is impressive

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You