Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

The sooner people realise England will achieve nothing until we get a proper manager in the better. That EURO 04 squad was as good as it gets.

The fact Germany won the WC with a similar group of players gives me reason to believe the Golden Generations downfall was mainly a coaching problem.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner people realise England will achieve nothing until we get a proper manager in the better. That EURO 04 squad was as good as it gets.

The fact Germany won the WC with a similar group of players gives me reason to believe the Golden Generations downfall was mainly a coaching problem.

I agree, for so many years our previous manager's would try and play Gerrard and Lampard together in the 4-4-2 formation while completely forgetting about Scholes. How many time did Sven play him out of position on the left? what a disgrace. In their prime both Lampard and Gerrard were clearly boxtobox MFs, Scholes was the only true world class playmaker we had... we were so behind the time with our tactics back then it's laughable.

My team - 4-3-3

Neville - Terry/King - Ferdinand/Campbell - A.Cole

Scholes

Gerrard Lampard

Beckham Owen/Rooney J.Cole/Walcott

English players in the past have deserved hype, but he isn't one of them ATM.

And why is that? At the age of 19 he cemented himself as a key player in a team who just missed out on the league. How many players at the age of 19 can say they were a regular starter in a team who was competing for the title for the whole season? Not much I think and the PL in this era is arguably the toughest and much more competitive than other PL seasons. Not only that as well but he was excellent last season and his stats prove that. Remember that he only cemented his place in the first team from last December and ended the season with over 10 goals and probably had over double figures in assists as well. Even Pirlo had great stuff to say about him after the game in the WC this summer.

He has shown that he can score, create and draw out penalties etc so much times because of the problems he causes and like I said he has done all that at such a young age. Please now give me your explanation why unlike other English players, he is one of them who does not deserve the hype? I eagerly await your response.

And why is that? At the age of 19 he cemented himself as a key player in a team who just missed out on the league. How many players at the age of 19 can say they were a regular starter in a team who was competing for the title for the whole season? Not much I think and the PL in this era is arguably the toughest and much more competitive than other PL seasons. Not only that as well but he was excellent last season and his stats prove that. Remember that he only cemented his place in the first team from last December and ended the season with over 10 goals and probably had over double figures in assists as well. Even Pirlo had great stuff to say about him after the game in the WC this summer.

He has shown that he can score, create and draw out penalties etc so much times because of the problems he causes and like I said he has done all that at such a young age. Please now give me your explanation why unlike other English players, he is one of them who does not deserve the hype? I eagerly await your response.

Rooney!

For me top consider a player world class, they need to perform on all fronts. Liverpool did as well as they did last season thanks to Suarez. I very much doubt they would have finished in the Top 4 without him.

I think he has potential, but he doesn't standout for me.

I agree, for so many years our previous manager's would try and play Gerrard and Lampard together in the 4-4-2 formation while completely forgetting about Scholes. How many time did Sven play him out of position on the left? what a disgrace. In their prime both Lampard and Gerrard were clearly boxtobox MFs, Scholes was the only true world class playmaker we had... we were so behind the time with our tactics back then it's laughable.

My team - 4-3-3

Neville - Terry/King - Ferdinand/Campbell - A.Cole

Scholes

Gerrard Lampard

Beckham Owen/Rooney J.Cole/Walcott

Should of dropped Lampard....

Lampard +Gerrard is unneccessary and one of the prime reasons for english failure...

They just miss the league because they had no champs league and got eliminated early from both domestic cups. In addition, gerrard took like 15 pks....

You should probably put out the stats on Lukaku and shaw as well....

Pirlo and sterling are both under NIKE....

That is an opinion not a fact. You sound really pathetic sometimes, no offence. Do you believe every social media rumour you read? He has reiterated that he only has the one kid and my point about great players was the point that you referred to Sterling's error against Middlesbrough as evidence why he lacks a football brain so I pointed out that even the greatest of players have made errors in their career.

Adrian peterson said he had like 2 kids and ever since the scandal broke out with him, all the girls are coming out and its now up to 8 kids......

Should of dropped Lampard....

Lampard +Gerrard is unneccessary and one of the prime reasons for english failure...

I always maintain that in a 4-3-3 Lampard and Gerrard could have worked well, don't forget Jose wanted to buy Gerrard to play alongside Frank for Chelsea.

But England could have also lined up like this:

Scholes

Carrick/Hargreaves - Gerrard/Lampard

I always maintain that in a 4-3-3 Lampard and Gerrard could have worked well, don't forget Jose wanted to buy Gerrard to play alongside Frank for Chelsea.

But England could have also lined up like this:

Scholes

Carrick/Hargreaves - Gerrard/Lampard

Jose wanted to buy Gerrard to replace Lampard.....

If Gerrard came to chelsea, frank lampard of today would of never existed.

4-3-3, we wouldn't have signed Essien.

Makele

Gerrard - Lamapard

Gerrad is not Essien.

Mak

Gerrard-Essien

Would have been the most dynamic, athletic midfield since the arsenal one....No doubt lampard would of been replaced/sold had gerrard came to chelsea in 2005.

Gerrad is not Essien.

Mak

Gerrard-Essien

Would have been the most dynamic, athletic midfield since the arsenal one....No doubt lampard would of been replaced/sold had gerrard came to chelsea in 2005.

Jose loved Lampard, and honestly at that time Frank was unbelievable for us. Jose might have moved either Gerrard or Lampard in the Gudjohnson role (n10) though. No way he was selling Lampard.

Jose loved Lampard, and honestly at that time Frank was unbelievable for us. Jose might have moved either Gerrard or Lampard in the Gudjohnson role (n10) though.

Doesnt really matter if he loved lampard, because he always made it public how he wanted Stevie G.

At Chelsea, at Inter, and at real madrid.

However, your right he could of played the n10, but if he did, than Lampard would of never score all those goals/assists for chelsea and would of been bench eventually if that came about.

Gerrad is not Essien.

Mak

Gerrard-Essien

Complete and utter bollocks. We are talking about a season where we won the title and Liverpool won the European Crown, and Gerrard didn't put his tranfer request until the summer of 2005. A year where Lampard was at his prime and came second running in the Ballon D'or nomination whereas Gerrard wasn't anywhere near the form Frank was in that year. By no means does that suggest Lampard would have secured his spot, but to openly state that Gerrard would replace a player who was in the prime of his game is mental. Jose has always showed aspiration for Frank, it was ever so likely if we got a hold of Gerrard that summer, Essien would have never been purchased.

---------------Drogba--------------

Robben-----------------------Cole

--------Lampard--Gerrard-------

--------------Makelele-------------

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You