Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why people are so money oriented ?

It's huge price and wages but City are ready to pay that and much more. Sanction for FFP breaching was lifted and we should be worried that now they can sign such talented players. Who's next for them ?

RIP transfer market. My oh my.

I kind of feel bad for Sterling, i cant even imagine how it must feel to be public enemy #1 and now have a ridiculous Transfer sum tagged on to your name.

It's just human/fan nature that whatever Sterling does, will be attached to that price even though he had nothing to do with that valuation. The English tax will be forever synonymous with Sterling from now on i feel.

No matter how unfair/fair, deserved or not, the criticism will be through the roof just like it is for Bale and Torres. Every missed 1v1 chance, penalty, or bad play will raise the hate towards him.

Yupp. And considering he often has bad days, he will never fulfill that price tag.

wonder how many Southampton players Liverpool buy with that money

49 million is a joke for that money he needs to score 25 + goals and get the same assists

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Pelle and Wanyama imo.

Expect Liverpool to pay Bentekes release clause now.

That'd be a solid signing.

Expect Liverpool to pay Bentekes release clause now.

The £30 mil release clause? I would love for that to happen.

Very good talent. The money is crazy but when you think about it, it's comparable to the £30 mil Rooney transfer, considering that was over 10 years ago. If he quickly becomes a key player, it won't be a problem. If he doesn't, well...

The bad thing about this is the fact that it won't hurt City's spending power too much. They already sold Negredo for €30 mil, and Dzeko and Jovetic leaving should see them receive €35-40 mil, maybe even more. The question is how much do they have left to spend.

The £30 mil release clause? I would love for that to happen.

Very good talent. The money is crazy but when you think about it, it's comparable to the £30 mil Rooney transfer, considering that was over 10 years ago. If he quickly becomes a key player, it won't be a problem. If he doesn't, well...

The bad thing about this is the fact that it won't hurt City's spending power too much. They already sold Negredo for €30 mil, and Dzeko and Jovetic leaving should see them receive €35-40 mil. The question is how much do they have left to spend.

they are selling all their strikers and only have the one injury prone, albeit world class, striker? Hmm.

Not sure why are people laughing tbh.

Yes its a ridiculous price BUT market today is ridiculous itself and regardless what people say Sterling is still one of best young talents in the world.

If he turns into top player for them for next 10 years, 50m will be a bargain. If he delivers ofcourse, he could flop aswell, but we shouldnt be laughing until then.

Money spend by city means shit for any of us, or even for them, its not like they spent all of it on Sterling, they can throw another sum for Pogba or Kevin. What is important for us is that our main rival got brilliant player and potentialy best english player for next decade, while we sit here, enjoying with Pedro rumours. Funny aint it?

Not sure why are people laughing tbh.

Yes its a ridiculous price BUT market today is ridiculous itself and regardless what people say Sterling is still one of best young talents in the world.

If he turns into top player for them for next 10 years, 50m will be a bargain. If he delivers ofcourse, he could flop aswell, but we shouldnt be laughing until then.

Money spend by city means shit for any of us, or even for them, its not like they spent all of it on Sterling, they can throw another sum for Pogba or Kevin. What is important for us is that our main rival got brilliant player and potentialy best english player for next decade, while we sit here, enjoying with Pedro rumours. Funny aint it?

I think i'm gonna throw up :mouthclosed:

they are selling all their strikers and only have the one injury prone, albeit world class, striker? Hmm.

Bony is still there. They might sign a cheap striker for 3rd choice, sign a versatile forward or use Sterling as a 3rd option.

I'm more interested on their plans to improve their midfield, both centre midfield and options out wide. If they stick to 4-2-3-1, they'll need more than Silva, Sterling, Nasri and Navas. The Fernando/Fernandinho-Toure partnership isn't working. Maybe Toure in the #10 role and a new player in centre midfield.

If City can spend £50m on ONE of their targets (you know they'll sign a couple more players) it means that FFP isn't a concern for them at all.

Why can't we also go out and buy a special player or two?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You