Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

I'm just speculating. But I think Hodgson did this on purpose because I can see Rodgers in the background wanting this and instructing Sterling to rest. Hodgson probably realized this and said the things he said because he probably didn't feel Sterling's excuse was genuine. Hodgson is no genius but he wouldn't be so stupid to hang Sterling out to dry for no reason.

Or maybe I'm wrong and he really is that stupid.

He told and underground passenger Rios England career was over, and said Oxlade Chamberlain did well against Pirlo and Ambrosini vs AC Milan and one was injured and the other was let go to Juve the year previous. Not to mention he thinks he deserves recognition on par with Fergie.

He definitely isn't the brightest spark in the box.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling is not even England's best young player....

Sterling is tired now.... Time to pop some more kids...

That is an opinion not a fact. You sound really pathetic sometimes, no offence. Do you believe every social media rumour you read? He has reiterated that he only has the one kid and my point about great players was the point that you referred to Sterling's error against Middlesbrough as evidence why he lacks a football brain so I pointed out that even the greatest of players have made errors in their career.

IMO Sterling isn't all that intelligent and i've been watching the kid for years now. He's improved his final pass tremendously but it still isn't all that great, of course he can make the odd pass but majority of the time he makes the wrong choice or simply doesn't see the pass. Again, i like the kid and think he's one of the best young players in Europe so i'm not bashing him whatsoever.

good point. My hate for the kid is clouding my judgment.

I think when he leaves that terrible pool side he will become more likable to a lot of people. He is an exciting kid, and one of the few English players around we have to get excited about. He is also not a dick like Jack Wheelchair.

Uhm.. no. It's because he's a fantastic player..

He really needs a haircut though.

You must be see something I ain't. He is probably Liverpool's best player ATM, but that ain't saying much.

It's not looking that deem with players like Shaw, Wilshere,Walcott (25), Sturridge, Stones, Chambers, Patrick Roberts, Baker, RLC et al. A nation can do a lot worse.

Compare that with the England team at one time consist of Jono, Cahill, Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Rooney is a massive downhill imo, the gap is very huge.

You must be see something I ain't. He is probably Liverpool's best player ATM, but that ain't saying much.

you do realized they finished above us last season? he was arguably their second best player in an amazing season for Liverpool

Compare that with the England team at one time consist of Jono, Cahill, Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Rooney is a massive downhill imo, the gap is very huge.

Those players are all in their prime right now

Butland

Shaw - Jones - Cahill - Clyne

RLC - Baker

Sterling - Sturridge - Walcott

Rooney

In a few years, this team could be great. If managed properly, of course.

Him being English = Hype

When is this going to stop?!

And when is the underrating of English players going to stop. It goes both ways: the English media who routinely over hype their youngsters/players are just as guilty as fans who automatically label virtually every English talent as overrated (especially English players from clubs they are not affiliated to).

The stereotypical view that English players are a bunch of highly mechanical brute force desperately lacking in technical ability is still stuck in people's mind to the point that they automatically (whether consciously or subconsciously) underrate English talent.

you do realized they finished above us last season? he was arguably their second best player in an amazing season for Liverpool

As Suarez said himself, they finished so high because of him.

And when is the underrating of English players going to stop. It goes both ways: the English media who routinely over hype their youngsters/players are just as guilty as fans who automatically label virtually every English talent as overrated (especially English players from clubs they are not affiliated to).

The stereotypical view that English players are a bunch of highly mechanical brute force desperately lacking in technical ability is still stuck in people's mind to the point that they automatically (whether consciously or subconsciously) underrate English talent.

English players in the past have deserved hype, but he isn't one of them ATM.

These current crop is still better than what majority of countries in Int'l tournament can boast about. What they are still able to produce despite the huge loss of the golden generation is pretty impressive considering the foreign centric nature of the EPL.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You