Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

I think Sterling is quite raw but he lacks the killer instinct many greats have. He will never be a great player imo. Pass on him...

i think he'll develop it. Still only 20

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That game proved what I have said before. He lacks that killer instinct and vision to be a great. Someone like Hazard has this in spades. Hope we dont sign him or he will become the new Oscar!

He is average and has a terrible attitude. Just pace, no technique. Shouldn't even be considered as an option.

The lack of technique is what I've come to realize he doesn't have. He's physically good but lacks the ball control to be world-class imo, I haven't even seen few glimpses of his technical ability ever like pogba has to have hope for sterling.

No, he COULD improve immensely under Jose.

He could also play a lot worse than he has been for Liverpool in a system where he will have a lot more duties, a lot less freedom, less of the ball and where the tempo is mostly slower and he won't be the start and go-to guy.

I think we need a more consistent, mature and safe option at the moment, especially the way it is going for Cuadrado at the moment.

While I would also prefer Reus (price permitting) it's a little bit silly to say that signing Sterling who is PL proven if slightly inconsistent would be a risk but signing Griezmann or Reus wouldn't be.

They're both unproven in the PL and although they both look fantastic in their respective league so did Cuadrado. Add on to that Reus' problems with constant injuries (NOT injury prone, just fouled badly a lot but it's still a worry) and lets not forget that Griezmann has only had 1 year at a top club.

If anything I would say that Sterling is less of a risk, because he is proven in the PL and has his roots in West London so there's no chance of settling issues.

Having said all that even if they were all available for £30M i'd prefer Reus, purely because I genuinely think that under Mourinho he can be as important a player for us as Hazard and one of the best in the world, if not him then Sterling, then Griezmann. Obviously the price is important though, Dortmund, Liverpool or Atletico could hike the price for little to no reason if they felt like it.

I dont think he's "just pace, no technique", he's not a headless chicken, but his ball control is lacking compare to the very top wingers and AMs.

He's like Walcott IMO. Pace is his main attribute, with nothing much else.

He's like Walcott IMO. Pace is his main attribute, with nothing much else.

He just doesn't have any close control dribbling, doesn't have great passing or shooting technique.

I don't know whether its because Rodgers keeps rotating his positions but he isn't special at anything except speed.

While I would also prefer Reus (price permitting) it's a little bit silly to say that signing Sterling who is PL proven if slightly inconsistent would be a risk but signing Griezmann or Reus wouldn't be.

They're both unproven in the PL and although they both look fantastic in their respective league so did Cuadrado. Add on to that Reus' problems with constant injuries (NOT injury prone, just fouled badly a lot but it's still a worry) and lets not forget that Griezmann has only had 1 year at a top club.

If anything I would say that Sterling is less of a risk, because he is proven in the PL and has his roots in West London so there's no chance of settling issues.

Having said all that even if they were all available for £30M i'd prefer Reus, purely because I genuinely think that under Mourinho he can be as important a player for us as Hazard and one of the best in the world, if not him then Sterling, then Griezmann. Obviously the price is important though, Dortmund, Liverpool or Atletico could hike the price for little to no reason if they felt like it.

Lol, i don't buy the whole "proven in PL" Griezman and Reus are PROVEN in Europe and in world football. Sterling has pace, he can't dribble, doesn't have good finishing, and isn't a great creator, he isn't what we need. We need a winger who can finish and create. Reus would be the best option, but Pedro and Griezman would work as well. I just don't believe Sterling would push us to the CL title.

Lol, i don't buy the whole "proven in PL" Griezman and Reus are PROVEN in Europe and in world football. Sterling has pace, he can't dribble, doesn't have good finishing, and isn't a great creator, he isn't what we need. We need a winger who can finish and create. Reus would be the best option, but Pedro and Griezman would work as well. I just don't believe Sterling would push us to the CL title.

Your points about Sterling (other than the dribbling thing, IMO he's a pretty good dribbler) are pretty much right but I wasn't talking about his ability. I was talking about who is and isn't proven.

You can not buy into the whole "PL proven" if you like mate, it's your prerogative, but in most people's opinions the PL is the hardest league in the world to adapt to and there have been countless examples of players who struggle in the league even when they looked like a world beater elsewhere.

Reus fair enough is proven in Europe, yes, that's one of the reasons why he gets the nod from me, but Griezmann seriously is not proven in Europe. Let's not forget that less than 12 months ago he had only been at Real Sociedad who have spent most of their last 7 years in the 2nd tier or languishing in the lower reaches of La Liga. I would hardly say 1 decent season at Atletico makes you European proven after that, no matter how good he looked at Sociedad (big fish small pond etc.).

Don't take that as a slight btw. I really highly rate Griezmann and if we chose to sign him i'd be ecstatic.

And as a side note I agree, in an ideal world a goal scoring CM or a goal scoring RW is what we need (hence Reus) but I don't think it should be overlooked that Sterling is young, PL proven, very good if a little inconsistent and English when we consider who we should be after.

Your points about Sterling (other than the dribbling thing, IMO he's a pretty good dribbler) are pretty much right but I wasn't talking about his ability. I was talking about who is and isn't proven.

You can not buy into the whole "PL proven" if you like mate, it's your prerogative, but in most people's opinions the PL is the hardest league in the world to adapt to and there have been countless examples of players who struggle in the league even when they looked like a world beater elsewhere.

Reus fair enough is proven in Europe, yes, that's one of the reasons why he gets the nod from me, but Griezmann seriously is not proven in Europe. Let's not forget that less than 12 months ago he had only been at Real Sociedad who have spent most of their last 7 years in the 2nd tier or languishing in the lower reaches of La Liga. I would hardly say 1 decent season at Atletico makes you European proven after that, no matter how good he looked at Sociedad (big fish small pond etc.).

Don't take that as a slight btw. I really highly rate Griezmann and if we chose to sign him i'd be ecstatic.

And as a side note I agree, in an ideal world a goal scoring CM or a goal scoring RW is what we need (hence Reus) but I don't think it should be overlooked that Sterling is young, PL proven, very good if a little inconsistent and English when we consider who we should be after.

Fair enough.

I believe if a player is truly world class, he will play well in the PL. Costa, Cesc, Alexis, Ozil, Aguero, Torres(pre Chelsea), and several others.

I see your point about Griezmann, but he has been doing well the last few years in La Liga and got a move to a big club and did well there. What else does he have to do? Reus, IMO would be the best signing for us. He can play all 3 spots and is better than Sterling at everything, I know Sterling is younger, but i don't think his ceiling will touch Reus.

I'm against signing Sterling, even if he is PL proven, because he has hardly set the PL a light, Suarez made him look much better than he actually is.

they always seem to look better in Serie A .. Salah ,, cuadrado but even in other leagues .. Marin Schurrle .. ... WHY not try OUR youngsters.

Just give them a decent run of games

Which AM youngster are you suggesting we give a go to?

He is poor finisher with poor end product, but he is a pretty damn good dribbler with great balance and strength for such small player.

Not to mention he is just 20 years old, obviously he will improve. Plus he scored around 10 goals for two seasons in a row, which isnt that bad either.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You