Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Since Jan, Willian has played as much centrally as he has on the right with Rami playing often on the right. And yes, we were buying Cuadrado to be a regular and even a starter because if you remember Willian did not have a good start of the season. If we did not expect him to be a regular we would not have gotten rid of both Schurrle and Salah and left our selves with no other options.

And right now we still need a starting attacking midfielder, and I don't mean a nailed on starter but someone who is capable of being a regular; meaning someone like Willian and Schurrle not someone like Salah (in terms of roles in the squad not playing style).

I think both Griezmann and Reus have showed that they have everything it takes to play in any of the 4 attacking positions in a system similar to ours.

I wasn't saying that as the main reason why we shouldn't sign Sterling but as how Cuadrado can affect this transfer as you asked about exactly that from my post. The main reason we should not sign Sterling is pretty simple for me: He is not yet nearly good enough, consistent enough or mature enough as well as his style of play not fitting ours.

Are you sure we weren't playing 4-3-3??? The other option we saw a lot was Cesc in the 10. regardless I highly doubt Jose purchased Cuadrado to start and then decided to give him spot duties at the end of matches... We had our preferred XI and Juan was cover. Also you say we left ourselves no other options but clearly we didn't need them since we won the league comfortably. Had we had an injury Cuadrado would've been thrust into that role... If you know Jose you would know that you have to earn his trust, especially in the pursuit of trophies. When we first bought Willian he was barely used, now he's a lynchpin player. Give cuadrado a preseason at least before you write him off or use him as an example of why things can go wrong. Neither Schurrle nor Salah were lighting the pitch ablaze when given their chances, offers came in for them and we took them, its not so much that we were shopping as much as offers came in that we deemed worthy to look for other alternatives.

You're looking for consistency from a 20yr old? where is your foresight? He's already shown more than a few glimpses of brilliance, enough to suggest that if given the proper tutelage he could blossom into a world beater!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Jan, Willian has played as much centrally as he has on the right with Rami playing often on the right. And yes, we were buying Cuadrado to be a regular and even a starter because if you remember Willian did not have a good start of the season. If we did not expect him to be a regular we would not have gotten rid of both Schurrle and Salah and left our selves with no other options.

And right now we still need a starting attacking midfielder, and I don't mean a nailed on starter but someone who is capable of being a regular; meaning someone like Willian and Schurrle not someone like Salah (in terms of roles in the squad not playing style).

I think both Griezmann and Reus have showed that they have everything it takes to play in any of the 4 attacking positions in a system similar to ours.

I wasn't saying that as the main reason why we shouldn't sign Sterling but as how Cuadrado can affect this transfer as you asked about exactly that from my post. The main reason we should not sign Sterling is pretty simple for me: He is not yet nearly good enough, consistent enough or mature enough as well as his style of play not fitting ours.

Disagree. I think he is good enough. I think he thrives with better players around him. Last season if I said to you would Sterling be good enough for our starting 11 you most certainly would have said yes. Because he was quality. What is clear however is that he is not a world beater yet and needs better players around him to be effective. He is good enough to be in our team imo.

Are you sure we weren't playing 4-3-3??? The other option we saw a lot was Cesc in the 10. regardless I highly doubt Jose purchased Cuadrado to start and then decided to give him spot duties at the end of matches... We had our preferred XI and Juan was cover. Also you say we left ourselves no other options but clearly we didn't need them since we won the league comfortably. Had we had an injury Cuadrado would've been thrust into that role... If you know Jose you would know that you have to earn his trust, especially in the pursuit of trophies. When we first bought Willian he was barely used, now he's a lynchpin player. Give cuadrado a preseason at least before you write him off or use him as an example of why things can go wrong. Neither Schurrle nor Salah were lighting the pitch ablaze when given their chances, offers came in for them and we took them, its not so much that we were shopping as much as offers came in that we deemed worthy to look for other alternatives.

You're looking for consistency from a 20yr old? where is your foresight? He's already shown more than a few glimpses of brilliance, enough to suggest that if given the proper tutelage he could blossom into a world beater!

We always play 4-3-3. The most advanced central midfielder and the right winger have the right to interchange positions. But we usually defend, like most teams, with a 4-4-2 and the most advanced CM is the one that becomes the 'second striker' to press the back four. That was usually Willian when Oscar was not playing except in very limited examples when Cesc took on that role which is wise because Cesc does not have the pace to cover and press 2 players at once.

Jose did not decide to give Cuadrado a small role, Cuadrado's awful performances decided for him. May I remind you that Cuadrado got 15 minutes off the bench in his first game here against Villa and then straight away started the next match against Everton?

I'm not looking for consistency from a 20yo, I'm saying that right now we need consistence so we should not be looking to sing a 20yo.

Disagree. I think he is good enough. I think he thrives with better players around him. Last season if I said to you would Sterling be good enough for our starting 11 you most certainly would have said yes. Because he was quality. What is clear however is that he is not a world beater yet and needs better players around him to be effective. He is good enough to be in our team imo.

No. No, I wouldn't. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said the exact opposite last season. That ridiculously attacking system that Liverpool played last season would have made any attacker in the world look miles better than he actually is. People were even calling Sturridge world class. I mean he's a good player, but not nearly as good as he was being painted last season. Same applies to all their attackers, including Suarez.

We always play 4-3-3. The most advanced central midfielder and the right winger have the right to interchange positions. But we usually defend, like most teams, with a 4-4-2 and the most advanced CM is the one that becomes the 'second striker' to press the back four. That was usually Willian when Oscar was not playing except in very limited examples when Cesc took on that role which is wise because Cesc does not have the pace to cover and press 2 players at once.

Jose did not decide to give Cuadrado a small role, Cuadrado's awful performances decided for him. May I remind you that Cuadrado got 15 minutes off the bench in his first game here against Villa and then straight away started the next match against Everton?

I'm not looking for consistency from a 20yo, I'm saying that right now we need consistence so we should not be looking to sing a 20yo.

agree to disagree on pretty much everything you've written except how we defend 4-4-2 which we only utilize when pressing high.

You don't turn down an opportunity to sign one of the best homegrown products in the league at 20 because you're worried about consistency. He's already shown that he is more than capable to play at a high level and what he brings aside from his skill level is much more important to the club's continued evolution than a couple of players who you'd like to play out of position. He's homegrown and very good! These are the types we need in our squad.

Liverpool would ask silly money if they thought we were interested. Erratic, injury prone, an emphatic no from me - and I would assume from the corporate business that is Chelsea FC also.

Only caveat to that is that it would piss off the dippers no end

Liverpool would ask silly money if they thought we were interested. Erratic, injury prone, an emphatic no from me - and I would assume from the corporate business that is Chelsea FC also.

He could be the best English player for a decade. If anything the corporate business would love this guy more. He's also hardly injury-prone

Injury prone? How?

I think Hazard, Willian and Sterling are too similar. The quality is obviously different, but each of them has dribbling, speed and close control as their main advantage, but neither is realy good crosser, long range shooter, cold finisher etc. Imo we need some diversitiy in attack like Bayern has with Robbery. One as winger playmaker and other as winger goalscorer.

Sterling is top player and being english i would definately consider him. Griezmann and Res seem a bit too light weight for Mou tactics. Bale would be perfect but he is probably too expensive.

I was looking at a university prospectus the other day and there was a girl who looked exactly like him but with long hair on the front cover.

N6lm8az.png

something like this? :lol:

He could be the best English player for a decade. If anything the corporate business would love this guy more. He's also hardly injury-prone

Sorry getting confused with Sturridge re the injuries, though Sterlings had a couple.

The business that is Chelsea FC is a hundred times more prudent in terms of investments now than how we were in 2004-5, and for what Liverpool would ask, pretty certain the board would not sanction a ridiculous figure. Reminds me of SWP a lot, and doubtful that he will be the best English player of the decade imo.

Man utd like paying 60m for players like Di Maria so they could be a possible home.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You